DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) + anyone else who decided to join in:

I was going through a couple of books I wanted to read/reread for this challenge and remembered there were some awesome resources from the Atomic Habits book by James Clear. Hopefully you'll find one of these useful when trying to build your desired habits!

The 4 laws to creating habits:
    1. Make it obvious.
    Design cues that will help you achieve your goal. If you want to drink more water, strategically place water throughout your house so you're reminded and have it easily accessible.

2. Make it attractive.
    You can "habit stack" which means stacking your desired habit with something you already do. Bringing it back to drinking water (because this is how I'm going to try and get my water intake lol): After/While I [CURRENT HABIT - MAKE COFFEE IN THE AM] I will [NEW HABIT - DRINK A 500ML OF WATER].

3. Make it easy.
    Similar to #1 where you're making it easy to achieve your habit. Automate your behaviours or use items that'll help you achieve that habit. There's a waterbottle that you can set to light up each time you want to be reminded to drink. Want to eat at home more? Meal prep so it takes less time to get lunch/dinner ready.

4. Make it satisfying.
    Make a habit tracker to keep track of your streak of success.
    @(you need an account to see links), you're trying not to buy things. Every time you don't succumb to temptation, you can put that money in a jar so you can see the money you're saving over the next 75 days!

James Clear has some other free resources on his site that can help build these good habits like a scorecard template, implementation intentions templates, habit trackers, etc.

Goodluck ya'll. Also if you've already started, how are you doing so far??

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (05-07-2023),Excalibur (05-08-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    103d 6h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    I love these ideas!!! These will definitely help me get started on the right track!! I already kind of do #1 just because I tend to leave half drunken of water bottles in places I spend most of my time like my bed side and my desk haha. I haven't started yet but I hope to soon! Things are a little hectic with life right now but good luck to anyone who has started!!

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023),Nattiee (05-07-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    I am the same with water bottles!
    I'm also leaving my book beside my bed so I am forced to see it and be reminded that I need to read.

I was going to start today but it'll be tomorrow due to unforeseen circumstances.
    I hope whatever is hectic calms down for you soon, @(you need an account to see links) !

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (05-07-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 20h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    @(you need an account to see links) good idea! All my money is digital- really no reason to hold cash tbh unless FB marketplace purchasing however... everytime i do get the urge ill transfer to my paypal. ive been good and purchasing individuals... however yes i want to stop completely. i dont need them. and theyll always be there. If of course i get a huge work promotion i need to save for a daily.

Thats my goal and i will continue with your advice! Appreciate it!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023),Nattiee (05-08-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    So I'm wrapping up day 2 and just as I thought.. It's not the workouts or the reading that's the most difficult. It's the water intake! I don't know how you well hydrated SOBs do it. I feel like I'm drowning. I have a massive headache so I googled if it was water related and when you drink too much water it reduces your sodium levels and that in turn makes your brain swell or something.

I'm sure you have to drink a fair bit of water before that happens but I only read just enough to validate that water is evil.

@(you need an account to see links) - How's your fitness program going so far?
    @(you need an account to see links) - Have you started your 75 soft yet?
    @(you need an account to see links) - How's the 10 pages of drawing going (if you've started, that is!)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (05-25-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023),♥ lint ♥ (05-10-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    685 times
    Time Online
    215d 11h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    @(you need an account to see links) I admire your dedication to do this! At some point soonish, I really will need to find the disciple to exercise regularly in addition to what I get at work. This thread is encouraging me to take a few baby steps in the right direction. I might have to start at 2 minutes, but that's something.

PS: I'm the opposite; the workouts would def be the hardest for me. The water, that's easy! I joke that's the healthiest thing I do. 😅

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    31d 20h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 8m
    Omg - the water was so hard at first. Definitely start immediately in the AM... and don't be afraid to add an electrolyte packet. I've actually developed a habit of sprinkling some salt in my water occasionally based on Dr. Andrew Huberman's podcasts (I recommend these if you're into nerdy health stuff if you take walks as your outdoor workout!) which I think not only helps with my chronically low blood pressure but also with keeping sodium levels in check with increased water intake!

So far, no 75 soft yet I am having some weird health stuff happening so I had to take a step back!! That being said, I have been consistent about getting movement for at least 30 minutes per day over the last few weeks, despite health issues, so if that's the 75-squishiest-soft I can muster, that's what I've got hahahaha.

Congratulations on day 2!!!! I really feel like once you get the hang of it, you'll be happy you did it! What does your workout plan look like? And what kind of 'diet' did you decide on?

thank you Lyrichord for the amazing avatar!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to goodnightmoon For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Ooof! I definitely had a rough start, so I'm trying to right now have a bit of a trial run and then refocus in a few weeks. My issue is that there are a lot of "extracurricular" activities at work right now with many conferences going on this month and next that I'm volunteering for and I didn't realize how that work seeped into my free time once I got home. I've not hit the 10page a day consistently, but am looking to build on that soon.

I agree that the water intake is hard. I think because it's hard to track the random glasses of water you have, at least imo. Like, I don't have those all day gallon jugs and I drink tea from tumblers in the morning then keep refilling my 30z bottle a few times, but also drink water from glasses. Also, I find I stay hydrated from other sources like watermelon or cucumber so I get bloated from that and don't want to drink more water lol.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrichord View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I admire your dedication to do this! At some point soonish, I really will need to find the disciple to exercise regularly in addition to what I get at work. This thread is encouraging me to take a few baby steps in the right direction. I might have to start at 2 minutes, but that's something.

PS: I'm the opposite; the workouts would def be the hardest for me. The water, that's easy! I joke that's the healthiest thing I do. 😅
    hahaha I appreciate it but I'm 3 days in and already struggling! It takes about 21 days to build a habit so we'll see if I make it that long before I am worthy of your admiration <3
    For the workouts, a workout is a workout - even a nice stroll counts. Beginner yoga or pilates is nice for those who want to get stronger with minimal.. impact? I dont know how to talk like a fitness guru I'm sorry LOL

Quote Originally Posted by goodnightmoon View Post
    Omg - the water was so hard at first. Definitely start immediately in the AM... and don't be afraid to add an electrolyte packet. I've actually developed a habit of sprinkling some salt in my water occasionally based on Dr. Andrew Huberman's podcasts (I recommend these if you're into nerdy health stuff if you take walks as your outdoor workout!) which I think not only helps with my chronically low blood pressure but also with keeping sodium levels in check with increased water intake!

So far, no 75 soft yet I am having some weird health stuff happening so I had to take a step back!! That being said, I have been consistent about getting movement for at least 30 minutes per day over the last few weeks, despite health issues, so if that's the 75-squishiest-soft I can muster, that's what I've got hahahaha.

Congratulations on day 2!!!! I really feel like once you get the hang of it, you'll be happy you did it! What does your workout plan look like? And what kind of 'diet' did you decide on?
    Oooh yes I actually have some biosteel packets in my pantry! If I use electrolyte packets does it mean I can drink less water lmao? (jk but not really).
    Real talk but I hope everything is OK with you or will be OK. I'm loving the 75 squishiest soft and I think 30 minutes of movement every day is fantastic. I'm counting this as we're doing it together!
    For my workouts right now I've been doing pilates in the AM and a walk in the PM. In a week or so when I make more time I'll probably walk to the gym and do some weights but transparently I've been prioritizing a couple other things to the gym so home workouts it is for now! And my diet is high protein and loose intermittent fasting lol

Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    Ooof! I definitely had a rough start, so I'm trying to right now have a bit of a trial run and then refocus in a few weeks. My issue is that there are a lot of "extracurricular" activities at work right now with many conferences going on this month and next that I'm volunteering for and I didn't realize how that work seeped into my free time once I got home. I've not hit the 10page a day consistently, but am looking to build on that soon.

I agree that the water intake is hard. I think because it's hard to track the random glasses of water you have, at least imo. Like, I don't have those all day gallon jugs and I drink tea from tumblers in the morning then keep refilling my 30z bottle a few times, but also drink water from glasses. Also, I find I stay hydrated from other sources like watermelon or cucumber so I get bloated from that and don't want to drink more water lol.
    Ahh I totally get it. Hopefully work calms down for you! Maybe scale back to 5 or 3 pages before bedtime? For water intake YES PREACH! What's helped me track is using an app on my phone. Every glass I will quickly go in and track as 1 cup/250ml. I usually have a water bottle on me, though, so I know if I drink around 4-5 I'm good for the day.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023),Lyrichord (05-10-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    709 times
    Time Online
    83d 17h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    @(you need an account to see links) checking in on you. How’s the 75 medium going so far? I’m curious to see how this goes because if you can do it then so can I 😭

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023)