52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m

75 Hard

I’ve been making a lot of changes recently to improve my overall quality of life, both mentally and physically. Part of this is trying to challenge myself in ways I may not have done before or stuck with due to a loss of interest. So.. I’ve decided I’m going to start 75 Hard.

If you haven’t heard of it before, it consists of the following for a period of 75 days:

• 2 45 minute workouts (1 has to be outside)
    • Follow any diet plan
    • No alcohol or cheat meals
    • Read 10 pages
    • Drink a gallon of water

If at any point you miss doing one of these things, you have to start over from Day 1.

Ok, I may do a 75 Medium to accommodate some of my lifestyle & I’ve been reading you also have to cut out caffeine and that won’t be happening anytime soon.

In any case, I need some help! Has anyone here done 75 Hard before? Do you have any tips/tricks that helped you through it? I’d like to hear about your journey.
    I also don’t know which diet plan to follow. If anyone has suggestions on plans that they found realistic, please share.

Does anyone want to try it with me? ;;eyes;;

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Buizel (04-23-2023),Cat Purrson (04-23-2023),Charlie (04-24-2023),DarkSkies (04-23-2023),Excalibur (04-24-2023),goodnightmoon (04-24-2023),John Cena (06-22-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023),Synth Salazzle (04-23-2023),Teakwood (04-23-2023),Zenitsu (05-08-2023)

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    103d 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    Ooooo I am definitely down to do this!! Would be a challenge for sure especially cutting out caffeine but I'm willing to try!!

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023),Nattiee (04-24-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    92 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Wow!! I've seen videos of people following this and it looks so hard! I know I can meet certain goals, but have always done them to allow space for error or just deciding to pause. I don't think I've ever done anything consistently for that long except brush my teeth or sleep lol. I'm eager to see the progress everyone has in this challenge. I can't really offer advice since I never did this, but when I try to undergo a new thing, it's really been helpful to just plan ahead as much as possible. Like, make a list, set alarms, pack stuff ahead of time, cook/prep ahead of time, etc. I'm really busy during the week because of work, so I try to take as much advantage as I can on days off to cook/prep etc. It's super generic "advice", since most people probably do this, but that's what I try to do.

I'm curious, what diet and workouts do you plan to do? Doing an exercise outside is really hard for me, especially now with the weather getting warmer lol.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    703 times
    Time Online
    156d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Oh I have not heard of this! I wish you all the best Nattiee on your adventure with this. I NEED my caffiene and my weekend beverages lol I will however join you with your 45 min workouts! When you plan to do one let me know and I'll try to do one "with you" with my own workouts also does reading patient charts count towards reading 10 pages!? 😆

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    I’ve seen this before! There are lots of videos out there of people saying when they failed and how they failed. It’s pretty tough, definitely takes a lot of dedication! You can do it if you set it as your goal to knock it out. One of those things where you have to keep yourself in check and push to get it done.

I know I definitely have no shot of completing this completely if you have to cut out caffeine haha. Having a baby has turned me into a coffee drinker just about every morning during the week.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    31d 20h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    I’ve been making a lot of changes recently to improve my overall quality of life, both mentally and physically. Part of this is trying to challenge myself in ways I may not have done before or stuck with due to a loss of interest. So.. I’ve decided I’m going to start 75 Hard.

If you haven’t heard of it before, it consists of the following for a period of 75 days:

• Follow any diet plan
    • Read 10 pages

If at any point you miss doing one of these things, you have to start over from Day 1.

Ok, I may do a 75 Medium to accommodate some of my lifestyle & I’ve been reading you also have to cut out caffeine and that won’t be happening anytime soon.

In any case, I need some help! Has anyone here done 75 Hard before? Do you have any tips/tricks that helped you through it? I’d like to hear about your journey.
    I also don’t know which diet plan to follow. If anyone has suggestions on plans that they found realistic, please share.

BEST OF LUCK
    We did 75hard two years ago. it felt very awesome and easy for the first...9-ish days, and then we both hit a wall. it was extremely hard to sustain.
    I think my personal problem with it was I learned more about Andy Frisella as a person and was relatively turned off from it, as his personal values/morals did not align with mine. HOWEVER, I actually really enjoyed practicing discipline, so I separated the two and was able to see it through.

I think the best/easiest thing I did was make my second/outdoor workout a walk. Everyday. I tried to make it as easy and simple as possible and I feel like that definitely helped. For your picture, take it first thing!!! it's definitely something I forgot and had to get out of bed to do frequently. As far as your water goes... start early. The last thing you want to do is chug 32oz of water immediately before bed then ruin your sleep because you have to get up to pee 100 times.

Cutting out caffeine was not a hard and fast rule based on the program requirements, so definitely don't if it's something you find quality of life within. Realistic diet plans - I wouldn't start a new diet program such as whole30 because that will make your life extremely hard. I would really stick to something simple: no desserts, or making sure you have 20g of protein with each meal, or making sure half of your meals are vegetables. something less strict will make the whole experience more doable for you. I cut out dessert but also had began eating vegetarian the year prior, so I incorporated vegetarian proteins into every meal and cut down on dairy.

Alcohol was difficult for us only because my spouse works in the industry, and we would frequent events/wine tastings that he would help host, but we stuck to it.

Good luck!!! I hope you find it extremely rewarding even if you modify the program to fit your needs (do not talk to the subreddit about this, they are insane about the rules and will shame you to no end if you do anything less than the strictest of programs)!
    Last edited by goodnightmoon; 04-23-2023 at 08:48 PM.

thank you Lyrichord for the amazing avatar!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to goodnightmoon For This Useful Post:

Dot (04-25-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023),Nattiee (04-24-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her and he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    12d 2h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Good luck everyone who is participating! This program is a little hardcore for me - I've just started a new little fitness thing (only two days in so I'm not really committed yet). That being said, it's great to know some other people are doing a new program, and I hope it keeps me motivated too!
    FORMERLY SKATE_D3

Amazing userbar by Lyrichord and GreyFaerie!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ferengi For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 12h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I’ve completed it once, while failing four times the first round and having to start over until I finally finished. I recently tried it again, but it wasn’t working with my current lifestyle. It is grueling on your mind when you fail and restart. I started when I was 6mo postpartum from my first baby and I ended up finishing around my baby’s first birthday. I saw a weight loss of about 20lb, but I don’t know if that’s a direct reflection of 75 hard, or the fact I was still breastfeeding too (which can burn up to 500 calories daily). Additionally, although I looked great at that point, right after I finished, I found out I was pregnant with baby #2 and I regained the weight LOL but it did help me to continue to stay active throughout my second pregnancy.

I think some factors helped a lot: I just had my first baby and transitioned from being a full time employee to being a stay at home mom, so as long as the baby sleeps or is cooperative, I had tons of time. I live in a tropical location where it’s 75 and sunny every day. I also lived in an apartment with a 50lb dog that I had to walk twice daily so I’d make one walk 2+ miles and then let the baby play outside while I did a 15 min workout to meet the 45mins for outdoor workout. (I kept a popup playpen in my car that I could grab quickly & setup for my baby if she was getting into too many things she shouldn’t be during my workout lol). I only had one baby at the time so it was easier to juggle life. I regularly surfed & ran marathons, so my body was used to intense workout programs. I also lived in a location next to a park where I could run/walk to easily, and there as a beautiful beach park 15 mins from me that I would take baby to walk along the beach.

I did give up caffeine (iced coffee and drpepper, my weakness), and I’ll say the first three weeks were the hardest for me with sleep deprivation from my baby so I failed throughout the first month multiple times and had to restart. I loved that you can choose your own nutrition plan, so I spent a lot of prep time figuring that out and purging my home of anything that doesn’t align. My husband went so far as to only have desserts at work or hide them from me lol I definitely recommend purging your life of things that won’t align with the program - including apps on your phone that would allow you to order things! I think access to UberEats, DoorDash, Amazon, and InstaCart makes it harder.

I can be externally motivated, or at least, I like to make lists and visually see progress, so I used the free version of the app to track but I also printed a 75 day calendar sheet where I added each requirement per day so I could highlight them as I went. I put it on my refrigerator. It was cool to be able to see progress and I felt accomplished highlighting each item as I completed it. I’ve done this before when I followed other training programs for surfing and marathons, so I knew it helped me visually see it daily right at a place I always go to - the refrigerator.

I think the more prep you put into it, the easier it can be. I tried to do it recently without preparing, and I failed. But it may also have to do with the fact that my 1 year old isn’t sleeping through the night, and I’m just exhausted. I’d be open to trying again and following along with anyone who wants to do it! Now I have two kids (2 year old and 1 year old), so it’s a bit more challenging for me. But I truly believe prep work helps tremendously - like choosing your books, meals, and workout plans, so you don’t have to spend extra time doing these things during the challenge.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charlie For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 19h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post

• Follow any diet plan
    • Read 10 pages

i want to start smaller than that lol... im really bad with chocolate and sugar so i think ill ween off them.

The cool thing is i already drink loads of water. Pretty happy with myself for that. My list will consist of:

Chocolate: once a week
    Pokemon cards: individual card purchase only
    workout: strict hour daily
    food: home cooked meals

ill try this. will update of course !

thank you @(you need an account to see links) <3

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Purrson View Post
    Ooooo I am definitely down to do this!! Would be a challenge for sure especially cutting out caffeine but I'm willing to try!!
    Yess! Cant wait. What diet plan are you going to follow? Do you know what book you'll start with?

Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    Wow!! I've seen videos of people following this and it looks so hard! I know I can meet certain goals, but have always done them to allow space for error or just deciding to pause. I don't think I've ever done anything consistently for that long except brush my teeth or sleep lol. I'm eager to see the progress everyone has in this challenge. I can't really offer advice since I never did this, but when I try to undergo a new thing, it's really been helpful to just plan ahead as much as possible. Like, make a list, set alarms, pack stuff ahead of time, cook/prep ahead of time, etc. I'm really busy during the week because of work, so I try to take as much advantage as I can on days off to cook/prep etc. It's super generic "advice", since most people probably do this, but that's what I try to do.

I'm curious, what diet and workouts do you plan to do? Doing an exercise outside is really hard for me, especially now with the weather getting warmer lol.
    They say it takes around 21 days of consistency to form a habit. Hoping it'll get easier if/when I hit that mark. Meal prepping and planning ahead will definitely be a must. I think I'll be good to set specific times of the day for the workouts and reading. Thank you!
    I've been looking up a couple different diet plans but none really resonate with me. Diets don't particularly appeal to me, especially when they restrict you from enjoying certain things. The more I've been researching the right plan, the more I feel like I'm just going to stick to a high protein type meal plan. I'm still unsure if I want to incorporate calorie counting or other macros.

If you'd like to join me but think it'll be unsustainable for your lifestyle, would you want to do a 75 Soft? In my initial post I was semi-joking about a 75 Medium but learned there's actually Medium and Soft version. Here are the details for 75 Soft:
    • Focus on eating well and limiting alcohol consumption as much as possible
    • Read 10 pages
    • Drink 3L of water
    • 1 45 minute workout. You're allowed 1 rest day a week

Quote Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
    Oh I have not heard of this! I wish you all the best Nattiee on your adventure with this. I NEED my caffiene and my weekend beverages lol I will however join you with your 45 min workouts! When you plan to do one let me know and I'll try to do one "with you" with my own workouts also does reading patient charts count towards reading 10 pages!? 😆
    I'm not sure our schedules would align but I love the idea of holding each other accountable I'm thinking my first workout will be in the AM (probably 4AM your time) and the 2nd workout will be around 6PM your time. Maybe we can coordinate the 6PM if the mini allows. Also LOL patient charts I dont think so.. I mean it IS non fiction but I'm not quite sure it's considered motivational haha.

Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I’ve seen this before! There are lots of videos out there of people saying when they failed and how they failed. It’s pretty tough, definitely takes a lot of dedication! You can do it if you set it as your goal to knock it out. One of those things where you have to keep yourself in check and push to get it done.

I know I definitely have no shot of completing this completely if you have to cut out caffeine haha. Having a baby has turned me into a coffee drinker just about every morning during the week.
    Ugh I know.. I'm definitely not giving up caffeine so if that immediately bumps me to Medium from Hard I ain't even mad. If you're willing to try a Medium or Soft with myself and Cat Purrson, I'd love that. Maybe one of your 45 min workout can consist of baby I_Royalty_I arm curls =P

Quote Originally Posted by goodnightmoon View Post
    BEST OF LUCK
    We did 75hard two years ago. it felt very awesome and easy for the first...9-ish days, and then we both hit a wall. it was extremely hard to sustain.
    I think my personal problem with it was I learned more about Andy Frisella as a person and was relatively turned off from it, as his personal values/morals did not align with mine. HOWEVER, I actually really enjoyed practicing discipline, so I separated the two and was able to see it through.

I think the best/easiest thing I did was make my second/outdoor workout a walk. Everyday. I tried to make it as easy and simple as possible and I feel like that definitely helped. For your picture, take it first thing!!! it's definitely something I forgot and had to get out of bed to do frequently. As far as your water goes... start early. The last thing you want to do is chug 32oz of water immediately before bed then ruin your sleep because you have to get up to pee 100 times.

Cutting out caffeine was not a hard and fast rule based on the program requirements, so definitely don't if it's something you find quality of life within. Realistic diet plans - I wouldn't start a new diet program such as whole30 because that will make your life extremely hard. I would really stick to something simple: no desserts, or making sure you have 20g of protein with each meal, or making sure half of your meals are vegetables. something less strict will make the whole experience more doable for you. I cut out dessert but also had began eating vegetarian the year prior, so I incorporated vegetarian proteins into every meal and cut down on dairy.

Alcohol was difficult for us only because my spouse works in the industry, and we would frequent events/wine tastings that he would help host, but we stuck to it.

Good luck!!! I hope you find it extremely rewarding even if you modify the program to fit your needs (do not talk to the subreddit about this, they are insane about the rules and will shame you to no end if you do anything less than the strictest of programs)!
    This is super helpful thank you so much! You're definitely right, committing to 75 days is a challenge in itself.. Adhering to a hardcore meal plan would destroy me. I love food so much.. ya'll know how much I love my snackies LOL I've been reading a couple different plans and I think I'm going to do a high protein intake type diet. How did you find working in your protein on a vegetarian plan? Were there any dishes you gravitated towards during your time?

It's a good idea to take the pictures first thing in the morning. I'd probably forget too if I don't do it after I brush my teeth or something. I havent decided if I want to take progress pictures yet but if I want it to be a true 75 Hard I have to I'm more so doing it for the discipline and how I feel more than how I look. Did you find the progress pictures motivated you to keep going or were you ever discouraged if you didn't see a change?

I didn't even know about the subreddit but I will definitely stay away!

Quote Originally Posted by skate_d3 View Post
    Good luck everyone who is participating! This program is a little hardcore for me - I've just started a new little fitness thing (only two days in so I'm not really committed yet). That being said, it's great to know some other people are doing a new program, and I hope it keeps me motivated too!
    Hey thanks for the support ^_^ If you're comfortable sharing, I'd love to hear about what you've started! If you'd also like to join in and do something less aggressive, there's 75 Soft! the details are a bit higher on this post.

Unrelated but HIIII I MISS YOU PLS COME HANGOUT WITH US NEXT GAME/MOVIE NIGHT IF YOU HAVE TIME <3

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I’ve completed it once, while failing four times the first round and having to start over until I finally finished. I recently tried it again, but it wasn’t working with my current lifestyle. It is grueling on your mind when you fail and restart. I started when I was 6mo postpartum from my first baby and I ended up finishing around my baby’s first birthday. I saw a weight loss of about 20lb, but I don’t know if that’s a direct reflection of 75 hard, or the fact I was still breastfeeding too (which can burn up to 500 calories daily). Additionally, although I looked great at that point, right after I finished, I found out I was pregnant with baby #2 and I regained the weight LOL but it did help me to continue to stay active throughout my second pregnancy.

I think some factors helped a lot: I just had my first baby and transitioned from being a full time employee to being a stay at home mom, so as long as the baby sleeps or is cooperative, I had tons of time. I live in a tropical location where it’s 75 and sunny every day. I also lived in an apartment with a 50lb dog that I had to walk twice daily so I’d make one walk 2+ miles and then let the baby play outside while I did a 15 min workout to meet the 45mins for outdoor workout. (I kept a popup playpen in my car that I could grab quickly & setup for my baby if she was getting into too many things she shouldn’t be during my workout lol). I only had one baby at the time so it was easier to juggle life. I regularly surfed & ran marathons, so my body was used to intense workout programs. I also lived in a location next to a park where I could run/walk to easily, and there as a beautiful beach park 15 mins from me that I would take baby to walk along the beach.

I did give up caffeine (iced coffee and drpepper, my weakness), and I’ll say the first three weeks were the hardest for me with sleep deprivation from my baby so I failed throughout the first month multiple times and had to restart. I loved that you can choose your own nutrition plan, so I spent a lot of prep time figuring that out and purging my home of anything that doesn’t align. My husband went so far as to only have desserts at work or hide them from me lol I definitely recommend purging your life of things that won’t align with the program - including apps on your phone that would allow you to order things! I think access to UberEats, DoorDash, Amazon, and InstaCart makes it harder.

I can be externally motivated, or at least, I like to make lists and visually see progress, so I used the free version of the app to track but I also printed a 75 day calendar sheet where I added each requirement per day so I could highlight them as I went. I put it on my refrigerator. It was cool to be able to see progress and I felt accomplished highlighting each item as I completed it. I’ve done this before when I followed other training programs for surfing and marathons, so I knew it helped me visually see it daily right at a place I always go to - the refrigerator.

I think the more prep you put into it, the easier it can be. I tried to do it recently without preparing, and I failed. But it may also have to do with the fact that my 1 year old isn’t sleeping through the night, and I’m just exhausted. I’d be open to trying again and following along with anyone who wants to do it! Now I have two kids (2 year old and 1 year old), so it’s a bit more challenging for me. But I truly believe prep work helps tremendously - like choosing your books, meals, and workout plans, so you don’t have to spend extra time doing these things during the challenge.
    Holy shit. 6 months PP?! You are both insane and inspirational at the same time! I'm chuckling at the fact that you immediately get knocked up after finishing. Trying not to make a workout joke here.... tryinggggg =P You mention you used to surf and run marathons - do you still do those activities with the 2 kiddos now? I'd love if you wanted to try again - It would be very helpful having a seasoned professional along for the ride. What meal plan did you follow? If you do it again would you follow the same one?

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    i want to start smaller than that lol... im really bad with chocolate and sugar so i think ill ween off them.

The cool thing is i already drink loads of water. Pretty happy with myself for that. My list will consist of:

Chocolate: once a week
    Pokemon cards: individual card purchase only
    workout: strict hour daily
    food: home cooked meals

ill try this. will update of course !

thank you @(you need an account to see links) <3
    YES YES YES!! I'll try to support you the best I can with your no purchasing challenge but it'll be difficult because

But also

For everyone wanting to try this with me, I won't be starting until the second week of May but if you want to start sooner, please do and update us on your progess.
    I want to hear about the meal plan you're following and what type of workouts you've been doing! Give us some ideas for a good sesh. Personally I love Pilates so I'll probably start with that but weights are a close second.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023)