Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you could go back in time and speak to your teenaged self, what would you say?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    15d 23h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    46m
    Quote Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
    I agree we can't take those learning moments away, or should as it truly builds who we are. There isn't one point you can look back at as present you to even reassure or give a little bit of guidance through?
    In that case maybe something that would help me catch on to things a bit faster than I would have otherwise? For example I feel like I could have understood myself a lot better sooner if someone had told me about what being an introvert was, or the idea of relationships on a spectrum as opposed to how they are portrayed in media. Sometimes since people aren't completely honest with how they see you, so it takes you a long time to see it in yourself. So maybe I would take that sort of angle.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rowlet For This Useful Post:

Charmander (04-19-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    40d 16h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    I'd tell myself that I'm meant to be where I'm meant to be and nothing will take away from my intrinsic self worth. I was devastated during my senior year of high school. I thought I had a good GPA, extracurriculars, and I had won a good number of awards from my school. I had a really great support system of friends and teachers who believed in me. Then I proceeded to get rejected from almost every single college I applied to. I was absolutely DEVASTATED. I couldn't believe the utter failure I had felt from each rejection to the point where each one became more numbing than the other and it was worst knowing that I had tell my family, especially my parents who seemed to eager to hear from me, that I kp[et getting rejections. I had major mental health problems during the summer after high school graduation. But in the end, the college I went to ended up becoming the best place for me. I worked my butt off in college/still am and am grateful to once again have the support of a strong support system of friends and professors. I'm going to enter round 2 with law school soon but... no matter the results I think I will be okay. I ended up having some of the best years of my life thus far (I'm young after all) in college and though I still deal with mental health struggles and insecurities, I believe truly that I will be okay in the end. I just have to believe it. I would want the younger version of me to stop putting so much incredible pressure on herself and remind her that she's just human.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cerberus For This Useful Post:

Sephora (05-02-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 20h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    id tell myself to stop spending so much money and save it. to perhaps try harder with one relationship because i regret that we ever drifted apart. and invest in amazon and apple of course lol. pretty boring imo but i feel like id come out on top with happiness if i had that one person i still care about in my life. its so sad cause i know its not the other way around but i havent forgiven myself and doesnt seem like id move on happily. oh whale. it is what it is ami right?