Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you could go back in time and speak to your teenaged self, what would you say?

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    703 times
    Time Online
    156d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m

If you could go back in time and speak to your teenaged self, what would you say?

Just as the title says. If you could go back in time knowing what you know now and speak to teenaged you. What would you say? Did you go through struggles that seemed like the "end of the world" at the time but looking back now it was only a drop in the bucket? Do you have career advice? Relationship advice? Let's hear it!

Dear young GWN,

Don't try so hard to "fit in" with the "popular crowd", just be you. Trying to fit in is just going to lead to more disappointment and regret. In the end, when you're done school and have moved onto University none of that Jr. High and Highschool BS matters. You are literally not going to see many of these individuals in the future. So just be do and do what you love with sports and spend time with the people who bring you joy no matter their "school status rank". And for the love of goodness don't be so boy crazy! That's all they are just that...boys. Just take your time and think twice. You are a strong, determined individual, don't let anyone tell you different. You are going to go through some painful experiences, I can't take them away because they will make you who you are today. All I can say is to stick with your gut feeling in those tough situations.

Oh and hey. You know your secret hobby. You should check out this website call clraik . You'll thank yourself later.

Your future, older and and only slightly wiser

GWN

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Alister (04-19-2023),Buizel (04-19-2023),♥ Cerberus ♥ (04-25-2023),Ferengi (04-19-2023),howdy (04-19-2023),KJiU (04-18-2023),Kon (04-18-2023),Lyrichord (04-18-2023),Nattiee (04-23-2023),Sephora (04-19-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    15d 23h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    46m
    Pretty boring answer but I would probably choose to say nothing. I don't really like thinking about these sorts of questions, my life has happened and there will never be any going back and fixing anything in the past. Might as well appreciate all the stupid decisions you've made in your life and negative feelings you've had to go through for building your character and life stories, that way even though there are things that can suck in the moment, I can still live life without any real regrets.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rowlet For This Useful Post:

Buizel (04-19-2023),Charmander (04-19-2023),Ferengi (04-19-2023)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    354d 14h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    I'm a simple person by nature, so I'd keep my message simple as well haha.

I'd advise myself to make better financial choices. There have been some binges I regret splurging on in the past (like video games)

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Charmander (04-19-2023),Ferengi (04-19-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    15d 11h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Ugh this is both interesting and painful to think over.

I think I would take some of the most useful advice I've gotten from others over the years and tell them to my younger self much earlier. Some of those things would include:
    - "Don't turn down an opportunity for adventure" (brother)
    - "It's ok to be afraid, but we don't make big decisions based on fear" (grad advisor)
    - "S L O W D O W N" (good friend)
    - "stay low, go slow; when in doubt, croutch" (camp counsellor)

And one from my own lessons I would add is, gauge how close you want to be to someone based on how authentic your interactions feel. No need to overthink things.

No guarantee a young version of myself would be able to absorb any of that without making all the mistakes I've made But I'd try that anyway. Thanks for the prompt, super thought-provoking. From reading yours @(you need an account to see links), it seems like even if we can't actually time travel to tell ourselves these things, we can still comfort that part of ourselves by recognizing that we didn't know then what we know now, so we can forgive ourselves for not making what seemed like the best decision after the fact.

Maybe I'm just getting sappy sorry lol.
    🔗(you need an account to see links)

💖 meme inspo : Dita and Cat Purrson 💖
    orig. + more memes in (you need an account to see links)
    🌵 Cactus Ryu : Great White North🌵

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to howdy For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    703 times
    Time Online
    156d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by houseplant0 View Post
    Pretty boring answer but I would probably choose to say nothing. I don't really like thinking about these sorts of questions, my life has happened and there will never be any going back and fixing anything in the past. Might as well appreciate all the stupid decisions you've made in your life and negative feelings you've had to go through for building your character and life stories, that way even though there are things that can suck in the moment, I can still live life without any real regrets.
    I agree we can't take those learning moments away, or should as it truly builds who we are. There isn't one point you can look back at as present you to even reassure or give a little bit of guidance through?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    I'm a simple person by nature, so I'd keep my message simple as well haha.

I'd advise myself to make better financial choices. There have been some binges I regret splurging on in the past (like video games)
    I can feel this. I definitely spent money on some thing that literally just sat and became a waste of money. Luckily I was able to re-sell some things, but I really could have done without the hassle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    Ugh this is both interesting and painful to think over.

I think I would take some of the most useful advice I've gotten from others over the years and tell them to my younger self much earlier. Some of those things would include:
    - "Don't turn down an opportunity for adventure" (brother)
    - "It's ok to be afraid, but we don't make big decisions based on fear" (grad advisor)
    - "S L O W D O W N" (good friend)
    - "stay low, go slow; when in doubt, croutch" (camp counsellor)

And one from my own lessons I would add is, gauge how close you want to be to someone based on how authentic your interactions feel. No need to overthink things.

No guarantee a young version of myself would be able to absorb any of that without making all the mistakes I've made But I'd try that anyway. Thanks for the prompt, super thought-provoking. From reading yours @(you need an account to see links), it seems like even if we can't actually time travel to tell ourselves these things, we can still comfort that part of ourselves by recognizing that we didn't know then what we know now, so we can forgive ourselves for not making what seemed like the best decision after the fact.

Maybe I'm just getting sappy sorry lol.
    Thank you so much for this response. You are totally right too if younger self would have even listened to my advice. Somehow in knowing me....I wouldn't have lol So wise too to go by how "authentic your interactions feel," especially over how you think things should feel or what you want others to see. #wordtoliveby

I have some longer drives home and every now and again I do catch myself thinking back to my "younger years" and at times I cringe but also things about how things are now, how those moments changed me. But also strangly....I almost find myself talking to my younger self in my head. Maybe it has just been my way to cope with and get through some of the crap experiences I had growing up.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Ferengi (04-19-2023),howdy (04-19-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Stop being sad and focus on school. Start working out. Get a part time job.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mawb For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    23d 18h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    If I could tell myself it gets better, much better. And that I have a beautiful family and a better life. My school life was just fine but my home life was not the greatest.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Charizard For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (04-25-2023),Charmander (04-19-2023),Ferengi (04-19-2023)

Pronouns
    Flor/Fleur
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    45d 7h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Don't listen to your parents, you are better than them, you are stronger than them. They will try and knock you down at every opportunity, but don't let them get to you. You will be great some day, you are doing great.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daffodil For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her and he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    12d 2h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Push for the things you really want, and don't accept no for an answer. You are extremely talented and work hard at the things you love to do. You can make it if you put your mind to it.
    FORMERLY SKATE_D3

Amazing userbar by Lyrichord and GreyFaerie!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ferengi For This Useful Post:

Charmander (04-19-2023)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    703 times
    Time Online
    156d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    I am loving seeing all of these positive messages to our younger selves. Now we need to keep these things in mind when we are going through troubling times in the present. Cause we know just like how are are looking back at our teenaged selves; when we are seniors we will be looking back at our adult selves and sending these positive messages to help us through.

I think I just inceptioned this lol

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Ferengi (04-19-2023),LibraryFaerie (04-25-2023),Lyrichord (04-19-2023)