Thread: Flash and Shockwave games not working at all in Pale Moon?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    13h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Flash and Shockwave games not working at all in Pale Moon?

Decided to try and get another avatar today and loaded up Pale Moon, but when I go to a game and click on Play, I get a blank white box with the vlc logo in the middle. Ah, I though, perhaps it's because I forgot to run Fiddler first, but nope, same thing happens. I did get a proper Neopets loading screen for Attack Of The Slorgs, which is shockwave rather than Flash, but it didn't actually load. It all worked perfectly last week, so I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem so I can figure out if it's something wrong my end or if it's maybe something to do with the Ruffle integration they're working on.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 18h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Shockwave is always hit or miss for me. I had the same issue this month while going for trophy upgrades. With Attack of the Slorgs, I messed with the window size on accident in my first attempt and closed it out. Then I couldn't get it to load again for the life of me. I don't know how many times I refreshed before it finally worked. Same thing with Hannah etc. I'm using the same Pale Moon/Fiddler setup as you so it does seem to be something amiss!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9d 18h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I know this thread was concerning Pale Moon but I figured out a way to get things working on IE courtesy of the following video: https://youtu.be/LdkiSc5TNL0?si=pOvz6uWtkVGbhWQK

This assumes you used virtualbox ((you need an account to see links)) and followed the github tutorial ((you need an account to see links)).

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\ and locate the folder that is all numbers (in my case it's 118.0.2088.46), double click on it and you will see a folder named "BHO". Rename that to "BHO.bak", this is the plugin that is forcing IE to redirect all connections to Edge.

Open Internet explorer and on the top right near the exit there is a gear icon, click on it and click on "Compatibility View Settings". Add "neopets.com" and make sure that "Display Intranet sites in Compatibility View" and "Use Microsoft compatibility lists" are checked.

Next, click the gear icon again and click on "Internet Options", select the Security tab and lower the security level to Medium. Uncheck "Enable Protected Mode"

Next click on the Privacy tab and click on "Sites" and add "neopets.com" to the Allow section. Hit ok and now click on "Advanced", a window will pop up. Make sure that "Accept" is chosen for First and Third party Cookies, also make sure that "Always allow session cookies" is checked as well.

Using Neopets with IE is a fundamentally broken experience, none of the beta pages will work properly. Thankfully the games page is still in the classic layout. Most login pages will also be broken but I found that the following URL still allows you to login in IE: (you need an account to see links)

After you login use the following URL to get to the classic games page: (you need an account to see links)

My Fiddler options were the normal "Simulate Modem Speeds" and "Disable Caching"

What you might run into is an issue where games are stuck in an infinite loading screen, what you can do to help remedy this is boot up "Hannah and the Pirate Caves" ((you need an account to see links)) and once it's fully loaded, boot up the other shockwave game you want to play.
    For whatever reason this helps the other shockwave games boot up. For Pirate Caves and Ice Caves specifically you will get another error which is something about an invalid file location, just press Shift+O+K and it'll work like normal.
    Make sure to refresh on Neopets before sending a score so it doesn't give you an error when score sending.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Habanero For This Useful Post:

Null_user (10-17-2023)

Pronouns
    1/0
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    5d 2h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Thank you, Habanero for the tips.

I am finding a script syntax error in line #1 when running fiddler:
    ERROR LINE --> import System;

It is telling it has an invalid character. It should not have any as it is just a system import.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Also, has anyone found another working login page? It seems (you need an account to see links) is not longer working.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9d 18h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Null_user View Post
    Thank you, Habanero for the tips.

I am finding a script syntax error in line #1 when running fiddler:
    ERROR LINE --> import System;

It is telling it has an invalid character. It should not have any as it is just a system import.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Also, has anyone found another working login page? It seems (you need an account to see links) is not longer working.
    Never encountered the fiddler error before but as for the login page, it looks like turning off compatibility mode will fix the login page enough to be able to enter your info and sign in.

Pronouns
    1/0
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    5d 2h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Habanero View Post
    Never encountered the fiddler error before but as for the login page, it looks like turning off compatibility mode will fix the login page enough to be able to enter your info and sign in.
    Thank you! It worked.

I fixed the error by just modifying the rule by typing manually the first line. Very stupid, error tbh.