Mentioned
    92 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

NBA Playoffs!

Anybody watching?!

I'm super excited because I got a ticket to the Sacramento Kings game 5 of the first round of playoffs against the Golden State Warriors I've been a Kings fan since I was like 8, but never had the chance to go to a game back when the Kings were really hot. Super excited to fulfill a childhood dream!
    Last edited by lint; 04-14-2023 at 01:11 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    38/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    4d 19h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    How'd you score those Kings tickets? They're pretty expensive right now. I think the cheapest one is around $400.

I'm glad the Kings are back in the offs though, Mike Brown has done amazing things with that roster.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to donuts210 For This Useful Post:

♥ lint ♥ (04-14-2023)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    Anybody watching?!

I'm super excited because I got a ticket to the Sacramento Kings game 3 of the first round of playoffs against the Golden State Warriors I've been a Kings fan since I was like 8, but never had the chance to go to a game back when the Kings were really hot. Super excited to fulfill a childhood dream!
    Definitely tuning in now. This season has been pretty wild. There are a few super teams that I'd like to see make it far... Suns, Golden State, Sixers... even LeBron with the Lakers! Kings look solid as well. It could go anywhere at this point.

Sad to see my Raptors lose last night, but it is what it is!
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

5. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

♥ lint ♥ (04-14-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    92 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by donuts210 View Post
    How'd you score those Kings tickets? They're pretty expensive right now. I think the cheapest one is around $400.

I'm glad the Kings are back in the offs though, Mike Brown has done amazing things with that roster.
    It's so insane! My friend said that Kings tickets for this first round are supposedly the most expensive tickets ever for a round 1 playoff games...but yeah I got mine in the pre-sale and in under 10 mins the game 1 tickets sold out...sadly a lot of it I hear are scalpers/resellers since this is a big deal for Sacramento and surrounding areas. I got a seat for 250 for game 5 so let's hope there's no sweep ;u; otherwise I'll be SOL lol.
    Anyway, yeah, this roster is looking really solid and it's really nice to see some fanfare come back for them. Lots of people in the area hopped on the GSW train a few years ago when they Steph Curry hype really blew up, but are now trading that gear back in for their Kings stuff lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by j03 View Post
    Definitely tuning in now. This season has been pretty wild. There are a few super teams that I'd like to see make it far... Suns, Golden State, Sixers... even LeBron with the Lakers! Kings look solid as well. It could go anywhere at this point.

Sad to see my Raptors lose last night, but it is what it is!
    Yeah I think this is the first time all 4 Californian teams make it to the playoffs and no teams from Texas made it? Good for my state, but a revenge Kings v Lakers playoff match is definitely what the Kings fans around here are hoping for lol.
    Ah, the Raptors were my go-to eastern conference team since my NBA 2k1 days on the Dreamcast lol...I keep forgetting they won in 2019...feels like 1-2 years max ago haha.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    38/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    4d 19h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    It's so insane! My friend said that Kings tickets for this first round are supposedly the most expensive tickets ever for a round 1 playoff games...but yeah I got mine in the pre-sale and in under 10 mins the game 1 tickets sold out...sadly a lot of it I hear are scalpers/resellers since this is a big deal for Sacramento and surrounding areas. I got a seat for 250 for game 5 so let's hope there's no sweep ;u; otherwise I'll be SOL lol.
    Anyway, yeah, this roster is looking really solid and it's really nice to see some fanfare come back for them. Lots of people in the area hopped on the GSW train a few years ago when they Steph Curry hype really blew up, but are now trading that gear back in for their Kings stuff lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I think this is the first time all 4 Californian teams make it to the playoffs and no teams from Texas made it? Good for my state, but a revenge Kings v Lakers playoff match is definitely what the Kings fans around here are hoping for lol.
    Ah, the Raptors were my go-to eastern conference team since my NBA 2k1 days on the Dreamcast lol...I keep forgetting they won in 2019...feels like 1-2 years max ago haha.

Nice! I absolutely loathe the Lakers but I'm hoping they beat the Grizzlies so they can match up with the Kings next round. I would pay an ungodly amount of money to watch that series live.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    92 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Nice! I absolutely loathe the Lakers but I'm hoping they beat the Grizzlies so they can match up with the Kings next round. I would pay an ungodly amount of money to watch that series live.
    ;u; it was so painful to watch the Kings lose in person especially when they were doing well, but fell apart in the last like minute and a half...today's the last chance for the Kings to keep hope alive so I'm really hoping they snap out of whatever happened on Weds and pull the win against GSW, because holy shit game 7 in Sacramento will be so nutty.

Lakers look to still be holding it down on their side, so, maybe that's the sign we need to believe in the conspiracy that the NBA will want the Kings to move on to boost viewership and ratings lol.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

donuts210 (05-05-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    38/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    4d 19h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    ;u; it was so painful to watch the Kings lose in person especially when they were doing well, but fell apart in the last like minute and a half...today's the last chance for the Kings to keep hope alive so I'm really hoping they snap out of whatever happened on Weds and pull the win against GSW, because holy shit game 7 in Sacramento will be so nutty.

Lakers look to still be holding it down on their side, so, maybe that's the sign we need to believe in the conspiracy that the NBA will want the Kings to move on to boost viewership and ratings lol.
    I figured they wouldn't be able to close out the series. Team is super young with no post-season experience. An 82 game season really wears guys down and being on the road multiple times a week in hostile environments seem really draining mentally.

Regardless, the Kings had a phenomenal season. I can see them making the WCF next year if they upgrade at center this summer.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to donuts210 For This Useful Post:

♥ lint ♥ (05-05-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    92 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I figured they wouldn't be able to close out the series. Team is super young with no post-season experience. An 82 game season really wears guys down and being on the road multiple times a week in hostile environments seem really draining mentally.

Regardless, the Kings had a phenomenal season. I can see them making the WCF next year if they upgrade at center this summer.
    Yeah I tried to keep my expectations low, but they pulled some great wins over GSW who had them already counted out. It's funny, though, seeing Kings fans struggle with deciding who to support in this next round 🤣 Great season for this fresh new team, so it will be interesting to see how they do next year, now that other teams are more aware of them.

Who are you rooting for in the playoffs??

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

donuts210 (05-15-2023)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Did not imagine the playoffs to look like they do right now. Wild game 7 today for the Celtics, winning at home.

Also a little funny because the remaining teams are all the same teams that were during the bubble playoffs (2020).
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

15. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

♥ lint ♥ (05-16-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    29d 2h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 49m
    Quote Originally Posted by j03 View Post
    Did not imagine the playoffs to look like they do right now. Wild game 7 today for the Celtics, winning at home.

Also a little funny because the remaining teams are all the same teams that were during the bubble playoffs (2020).
    Sixers were so embarrasing! I can't believe Embiid was actually given MVP this year..I'm rooting for the Celtics but l do love the Heat as well. Should be an amazing final
    Last edited by Predict; 05-14-2023 at 11:16 PM.