DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    @(you need an account to see links) Thanks, I just like a lot of kpop, well Korean music in general (mostly female artists). I saw that Rolling Quartz did a live Spring concert 5 days ago, it's in my recommended I just haven't had time to sit down and fully enjoy it yet, but I look forward to it. I love their collabs with AleXa!
    @(you need an account to see links) Ah yes Hong Jin Young is one of my all-time favorites, Im so glad she's back to making music. Her new song Girl In The Mirror is really good and is a change from what she started as. But I love everything she does. Most of my merch comes from my friends or my husband getting it for me as gifts. The posters and photo cards were free with purchase of any item at Kpop Store USA near Atlanta (I love that place).
    Yes, I'm a Jisoo stan and she totally got a late solo but they're all still together as BlackPink. The other girls still do solo work and Jisoo still works on her acting stuff when they're not doing BlackPink as a whole.

As far as concerts go I've never been to one. I was supposed to go to G-Idle a few years ago before Soojin left but it was the year Covid hit and cancelled everything. I hope to go to one soon but haven't made any plans yet. Money is tight right now but hopefully that won't be the case for long. I live 4 hours away from Atlanta and there are a lot of Kpop acts that perform there.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Narkotiq For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (04-10-2023),Ice (04-07-2023),KJiU (04-07-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 15h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    @(you need an account to see links) oh that's interesting as i didn't really follow Hong Jin Yong much but I will check out on her song that you mention . Didn't know Jisoo was in dramas, although it seems like a second route aside from music as the artists either head into acting / hosting variety show if they have the ability/chance given xD.

I saw Apink's Music Bank‘s clip at their SBS's youtube Channel yesterday singing their new song DND (but i didn't click in to watch oops ex- pink panda . Been a long time since i actually saw Apink can't even recognize them for a moment but then they still looks the same.

Should i create the cK user - Stan/bias on the first Cover post ? Although its just the 3 of us at the moment haha. @(you need an account to see links) stan is Yuju from GFriend/Viviz correct ?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

Ice (04-10-2023),Narkotiq (04-10-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

This video just came out 2 hours ago as of me posting this and I've listened to this song like 10 times already. It's so good! The video is really cool, clean, and luxurious. The song has a beautiful sound and a good message to think positively. The girls all look great, especially my bias GaEul who always looks amazing. I'm glad she's getting more/longer parts. The airplane runway as a runway! Yes! I think I might be addicted for a few days lol. I like this one better than Kitsch which came out 2 weeks ago but they're both REALLY good.

I never really thought I would get into IVE as much as I have. When I first heard Eleven I was like "Meh" but every other song has been great and I've even started liking Eleven after a while.
    Last edited by Narkotiq; 04-10-2023 at 07:09 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Narkotiq For This Useful Post:

Ice (04-10-2023),KJiU (04-10-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    949 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    @(you need an account to see links) love your DC write up!! and yes Yuju/Gfriend/Viviz my #1 bias 💜 for other active groups though it would have to be Oh My Girl for older gen and Purple Kiss/IVE (but IVE don't need my support compared to PK xD) for new gen ahaha Also DND is quite good! Personally I like their more mature/recent stuff than a lot of their early stuff (except No No No and Mr Chu are eternally great songs LOL) because I am not super big on cutesy cutesy style. I think from Apink eung eung (%%) is my favorite song. Eunji truly is one of the best vocalists out there.
    @(you need an account to see links) awww I'm sorry to hear that, that would have been such an amazing concert 😭 I didn't follow idle at the start but they've really grown on me. I really respect Soyeon's views and production genius and Yuqi's voice always sends me to heaven. Yuqi is def my bias even if I don't really know the girls' personalities that much, her voice is just so special! Also yeah Atlanta is definitely a hot bed for kpop concerts, most groups always have Atl on their tour list. I really hope you can see something you like soon!

Also YES I'm so glad I AM is a "normal" song compared to Kitsch it's so good! Very happy there is technically better line distribution here and Liz/Yujin high notes are everything 🥺 Rei deserved more screen time though her pink hair is killing it! I also felt pretty meh when they debuted with Eleven but after Love Dive it was over for me... 😅 definitely a Dive since then. Gaeul/Rei/Liz are my favs but I love Yujin a lot too. Probably most "whatever/indifferent/meh" about Wonyoung and Leeseo lol.

Truly is comeback season since KARD is back too 💜 so happy to see them still putting out music since I think now the boys are done with military...? I can never keep up with that shit lol.

I can never get over how much Somin reminds me of BoA.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

KJiU (04-10-2023),Narkotiq (04-10-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 15h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Its so funny i misread the IVE's eleven song part that Narkotiq mention and though Eleven was a group. Was thinking oh there was a eleven group? as i only heard before S7ven haha I have been seeing IVE and KARD in the spofity but didn't click on em yet haha.

I stepped out of my cave yesterday after i bought the Spotify membership and started random playing music, after i've liked and saved all DC's songs. (apparently Spotify doesn't have DC's cover / solos )
    It was like oooh so this is K-pop lols, older groups have all changed their styles as it goes since my old loop track was at the 2nd -3rd gen phases.

Apart from DC's track the rest of my eternal playlist was older j-rock / Gen1-2-3 Kpop / Chinese Classic/Ancient songs (can't find the exact term for it : 古风歌曲).
    @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) , should we do 3 spots for bias to put into the cover post #1, what do both of you think? You can let me know the names for the others if we were to go with 3,so i can input them aside from Yuju ( Ice) & Jisoo ( Narkotiq)

Oh btw which are the groups that are having a coming on may besides DC ?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

Ice (04-12-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    949 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Haha they're not doing anything revolutionary or anything, but they sure have fun music! The (you need an account to see links) is pretty good, honestly. As a Dive I was scared they wouldn't keep up with the quality but honestly, here for it. Also props to the girls for having songwriting credits on a few tracks. (Notably I think Wonyoung wrote the lyrics for Shine With Me?)

LOL glad you are listening to more! There is really a lot of depth and variety to kpop. I think some of the most unique/enjoyable discographies are Purple Kiss, Dreamcatcher (of course), Red Velvet, f(x), and Twice. They all have amazing B sides.

Man it is tough to just pick a couple more 😅 It's so hard to pick a bias from Purple Kiss and Oh My Girl and even for IVE I like most of the girls 🥺 so leaving Yuju is fine for me!

Speaking of comebacks, Lee Chaeyeon released her second solo song (and mini album I think called (you need an account to see links)?). I didn't follow I*ZONE nor did I care at all for her (you need an account to see links), but this one is much more my style so I'm not mad at it. However, my friend and I were talking about how compared to the other girls who went solo after I*ZONE disbanded (Choi Yena, Jo Yuri, Kwon Eunbi) Chaeyeon really seems like she struggles with finding an identity or her "sound." It's unfortunate since I know she's probably had one of the most difficult and long "kpop" journeys filled with a lot of struggles, so hopefully things pan out for her soon.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

KJiU (04-12-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    @(you need an account to see links) Aww I loved Lee Chae Yeon's first solo. The song is very cute, it had a good sound and I loved the video with all the creepy/vampire/magic elements. Very my vibe, I like cute mixed with creepy. I also like this new song she has though very catchy, I've listened to it multiple times. Love her dancing in the video! I like the red wardrobe and everything after it the most

I like Kwon Eunbi and Choi Yena too but like you didnt really follow I*zone. I did like a few of their songs but didn't find them until after they had already disbanded TBH.
    Last edited by Narkotiq; 04-12-2023 at 11:47 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Narkotiq For This Useful Post:

Ice (04-12-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    949 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkotiq View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Aww I loved Lee Chae Yeon's first solo. The song is very cute, it had a good sound and I loved the video with all the creepy/vampire/magic elements. Very my vibe, I like cute mixed with creepy. I also like this new song she has though very catchy, I've listened to it multiple times. Love her dancing in the video!
    I also like what Kwon Eunbi and Choi Yena has done. Like you though I never followed I*zone. I did like a few of their songs, but I don't even think I found those until after they had already disbanded TBH.
    I have no problem with cute/creepy vibe (see: my obsession with Purple Kiss 😂) but I guess I just expected more from her, and HR was so.. blah and one dimensional? Knock is definitely showcasing her dancing more which is great but sound wise even though I like the song itself I think her singing in it feels oddly forced/not her/uncomfortable. But same yeah I do enjoy some I*ZONE (or is it IZ*ONE? I honestly have no idea LOOOL) songs but I really didn't listen until after they disbanded... I did the same thing with I.O.I too funnily enough although I have a lot more love for the I.O.I girls across the board... not from PD101 but again from their activities post-I.O.I xD

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    I have no problem with cute/creepy vibe (see: my obsession with Purple Kiss 😂) but I guess I just expected more from her, and HR was so.. blah and one dimensional? Knock is definitely showcasing her dancing more which is great but sound wise even though I like the song itself I think her singing in it feels oddly forced/not her/uncomfortable. But same yeah I do enjoy some I*ZONE (or is it IZ*ONE? I honestly have no idea LOOOL) songs but I really didn't listen until after they disbanded... I did the same thing with I.O.I too funnily enough although I have a lot more love for the I.O.I girls across the board... not from PD101 but again from their activities post-I.O.I xD
    I can see how it sounds forced. Singing along I feel like I'm forcing something too lol. But it's still a bop.
    It is IZ*One I dunno why I wrote I*zone lol.
    As for I.O.I I like Jeon Somi, Chungha, WJSN (1 member) and I liked Pristin (2members I think) for the whole 2 years they were around. So I guess I like I.O.I across the board more than IZ*One too. I don't really like Weki Meki so both sides lose points for that lol.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 15h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Ahaha the so called "to listen checklist" is getting longer and longer xD . Oh thats nice i think that its good that the company allows artist more freedom to do their own / take part in the songs composing/production as compared to enforcing it solely based on company's decision back then in the older days (not sure if its still the same now).

Somehow Chaeyeon & Kwon Eunbi's name rings the bell probably seen the names but i don't actually know them.

I happen to stumble across Ailee's ost song Gone for Pandora beneath the paradise (I believe its an ost track just for the Drama ?)

This one gives off a dark / sad vibe to it as i notice its different from Ailee's previous style, reason due to the drama ? haha. But that power vocal in the middle and the chorus is so good Seems like i have fall into the dark side (corrupted by DC from looping)

Still happy that Ailee iis back probably for a period of time before i even notice it , i only heard that she has lawsuit/issues with her company which causes her to had a hiatus

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

Ice (04-19-2023),Narkotiq (04-15-2023)