Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's something you have accomplished recently?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Ahh, congratulations to you both!! I feel like that kind of feedback really makes all the difference in how "accomplished" you feel. Or... maybe not everyone needs that validation, but it's certainly nice. It sounds like it was well deserved in both cases!
    @(you need an account to see links)
    companies can never take/use a flattering photo. My old job had a photographer come in and take "action" candids for the website and somehow managed to make our entire team look horrendous lol. Then cranked the contrast up in post so we all looked flushed ontop of it!
    Last edited by harpy; 04-05-2023 at 06:29 PM. Reason: wrong tag whoops

♡ Signature by me ♡
    ♡ Custom userbar/avvie by Lyrichord ♡

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    12d 12h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Finally crawled out of a never ending pit of despair and depression that had engulfed me since June of last year I couldn’t find any source of light or see an ending in sight, couldn’t even find joy in Neopets or socializing here/in real life. I took a hiatus from literally everything and focused on myself and here I am! Hopefully this wasn’t too down/dampered the mood but I feel like my old self again after so long, it truly feels like I accomplished something!
    Which is the lie ..? The mask, or my face?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jhin For This Useful Post:

goodnightmoon (04-05-2023),harpy (04-07-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    31d 17h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhin View Post
    Finally crawled out of a never ending pit of despair and depression that had engulfed me since June of last year I couldn’t find any source of light or see an ending in sight, couldn’t even find joy in Neopets or socializing here/in real life. I took a hiatus from literally everything and focused on myself and here I am! Hopefully this wasn’t too down/dampered the mood but I feel like my old self again after so long, it truly feels like I accomplished something!
    THAT is an accomplishment, honestly. Welcome back! I hope you find a bit more sunshine and joy now that your brain will letcha I know that feeling all too well, and sometimes I just have to ride through it. It's so hard but you have made it to the light at the end of the tunnel!!!

thank you Lyrichord for the amazing avatar!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goodnightmoon For This Useful Post:

harpy (04-07-2023),Jhin (04-05-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    12d 12h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by goodnightmoon View Post
    THAT is an accomplishment, honestly. Welcome back! I hope you find a bit more sunshine and joy now that your brain will letcha I know that feeling all too well, and sometimes I just have to ride through it. It's so hard but you have made it to the light at the end of the tunnel!!!
    I had never quite gone through something quite as emotionally draining as what I did, so it feels good to be back. It probably aged me about 10 years but yeah, glad to be back!
    Which is the lie ..? The mask, or my face?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jhin For This Useful Post:

harpy (04-07-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhin View Post
    Doesn't dampen the mood AT ALL, that's amazing!! Congratulations. It can take so much fucking work to drag yourself out of the dark, I'm so glad that you were able to do it and are feeling better. It's a huge accomplishment!

♡ Signature by me ♡

9. The Following User Says Thank You to harpy For This Useful Post:

Polorin (04-07-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 18h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Congrats on the new post! Makes it even better when you actually enjoy your job!

I recently got engaged. Big accomplishment for me since all other romantic prospects in the past failed.
    I'm very happy with that and managing to keep a job!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to benirako For This Useful Post:

harpy (04-14-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by benirako View Post
    Congrats on the new post! Makes it even better when you actually enjoy your job!

I recently got engaged. Big accomplishment for me since all other romantic prospects in the past failed.
    I'm very happy with that and managing to keep a job!
    Ahh, congrats on the engagement! That's super exciting. Are you getting into wedding planning right away, or taking it slowly for a bit?

♡ Signature by me ♡

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    56d 18h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 24m
    I don't have a license but I drove myself just down the road (Across the tracks + onto a highway) to go to the store by myself. I usually have my dad go with me just incase but I wasn't as scared as I have been in the past. Hoping this year I can make it 100% official to get my license

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Totodile For This Useful Post:

harpy (04-19-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 18h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by harpy View Post
    Ahh, congrats on the engagement! That's super exciting. Are you getting into wedding planning right away, or taking it slowly for a bit?
    thank you thank you!!!
    ooph, we've picked /a/ color for the theme, that's about as far as we've gotten. :p
    my fiance really wants to jump off of a cliff like the parents from the first spy kids movie. that's to be determined, lmao!!

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    40d 13h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    I've been having a tough last semester in college completing some of the hardest economics courses. I got an A on my first midterm. I got a B on my last midterm, one of the only B's I've had in college, and it meant a lot to me because the class average was literally a 62%. I am trying to apply to law school after so I need a high GPA but I'm also struggling with finishing my thesis paper, applying for law school, studying for the LSAT, and finishing my two majors with hard courses x)). It's been tough out here. On another note though, I feel like I'm in a hopeful yet frankly scared place. I have so many dreams and plans after college but scared of losing close friends, failing after graduation, and in general, I feel like I'm a mixed bag of emotions. Funny how I came back to Neopets because of this. I've been looking for somewhere familiar to keep as a comfort place for myself.