Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    17h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Hello!

Hi there!
    New to this site but not to Neopets. I've been on neopets since Y2 and find myself checking in on recent events every year or so. Recently a few of my friends got into Grundo's Cafe and it spurred some nostalgia in me.

More about me:
    I'm a big gamer in general - I've play Dota for what must be decades at this point. I enjoy board games with friends and have recently ventured into developing games using AI platforms. Outside my day job I compose and arrange for some K-pop and Acapella groups as a side gig. My near term goal in gaming is to produce a fully fledged game front to back including soundtrack.

Nice to meet you all =)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to solongnthnx For This Useful Post:

Android (04-03-2023),Excalibur (03-29-2023),♥ lint ♥ (03-29-2023),pitpat (03-28-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Welcome aboard!
    Do you like to play board games online? I recently got into playing the online version of Monopoly, since I live in an area with no nearby friends. c':

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pitpat For This Useful Post:

solongnthnx (03-28-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    203 times
    Time Online
    41d 2h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by solongnthnx View Post
    Hi there!
    New to this site but not to Neopets. I've been on neopets since Y2 and find myself checking in on recent events every year or so. Recently a few of my friends got into Grundo's Cafe and it spurred some nostalgia in me.

More about me:
    I'm a big gamer in general - I've play Dota for what must be decades at this point. I enjoy board games with friends and have recently ventured into developing games using AI platforms. Outside my day job I compose and arrange for some K-pop and Acapella groups as a side gig. My near term goal in gaming is to produce a fully fledged game front to back including soundtrack.

Nice to meet you all =)
    Hello and welcome to Clraik. Hope you will have a great time and enjoy your stay over here ,kinda similar with you on neo as i recently went back to neo because of the event.

Wow,so many key points found in your about me haha , Game design , vfx , soundtrack , kpop ,composing xD and i wish you the best with achieving that awesome goal of yours xD

Oh just a quick question which is your favourite K-pop group/ artist haha

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

solongnthnx (03-29-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    443 times
    Time Online
    64d 10h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Hi and welcome to ck!

You've got one hell on a goal there, wow. Good luck! Game developing is really challenging.

Hope to see you around the forums ^~^

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

solongnthnx (03-29-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    92 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Hi there!

More about me:

Nice to meet you all =)
    Hello and welcome! I too have been on neopets forever and do the same thing about checking in every now and then for plots or other stuff. That's why I actually never got into this site because I assumed it was more for hardcore neopets gamers lol.
    That's very cool and ambitious to want to make a game front to back! I LOVE video game soundtracks from the oldest ones in the 90s to now. Some of that stuff is just pure genius. I actually dabbled in learning piano so I could play some of the old video game soundtracks I liked lol. What type of game were you thinking on making?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

solongnthnx (03-29-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 20h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Welcome in Solo! thats an awesome accomplishment.... we gotta hear some samples!! Hope to see you around CK

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

solongnthnx (03-29-2023)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Hi there!

More about me:

Nice to meet you all =)
    Welcome to the community! Thanks for the great intro!

What should we call you? Plenty of gamers in our community. I've never tried Dota but heard of it often while growing up.

Producing music is very impressive. Something I've always wanted to break into... Is there an app or two that you use?

Very nice to meet you!
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

14. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

solongnthnx (03-29-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    17h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by KJiU View Post
    Hello and welcome to Clraik. Hope you will have a great time and enjoy your stay over here ,kinda similar with you on neo as i recently went back to neo because of the event.

Wow,so many key points found in your about me haha , Game design , vfx , soundtrack , kpop ,composing xD and i wish you the best with achieving that awesome goal of yours xD

Oh just a quick question which is your favourite K-pop group/ artist haha

Thank you!
    The first group I did arranging for was called JYPE back early 2010s! I adore the classics like BIGBANG =) Lots of goodies that aren't even considered oldies just yet.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to solongnthnx For This Useful Post:

KJiU (03-29-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    17h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    Hello and welcome! I too have been on neopets forever and do the same thing about checking in every now and then for plots or other stuff. That's why I actually never got into this site because I assumed it was more for hardcore neopets gamers lol.
    That's very cool and ambitious to want to make a game front to back! I LOVE video game soundtracks from the oldest ones in the 90s to now. Some of that stuff is just pure genius. I actually dabbled in learning piano so I could play some of the old video game soundtracks I liked lol. What type of game were you thinking on making?
    Super cool! I grew up next to a piano and it's been a big part of my life - i started with I was three and got into proper lessons a couple of year in.
    The games that I think would be feasible to solo create are along the lines of a more story-centric Stardew Valley or Undertale. I love my 8 bit-feeling soundtracks!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    17h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by j03 View Post
    Welcome to the community! Thanks for the great intro!

What should we call you? Plenty of gamers in our community. I've never tried Dota but heard of it often while growing up.

Producing music is very impressive. Something I've always wanted to break into... Is there an app or two that you use?

Very nice to meet you!
    Thank you!
    I'm sometimes referred to as "Solong" online. My user name is based on a book series i've really enjoyed called Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - "So long and thanks for all the fish" being the specific installment.
    For music arranging and composition I use a mix of apps but the primary ones would be:
    - "Sibelius" for the bare bones of arranging and composing initial sheet music, paired with a keyboard
    - "Adobe Audition" for mixing vocals / tracks and other sound layers

If you're just getting started something like Garage band helps with initial Dabbles - it's got everything you really need to get started with an intuitive interface. It's missing features for higher level productions but it doesn't concern most who want to get their feet wet =)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to solongnthnx For This Useful Post:

j03 (03-29-2023)