Thread: Help using Express VPN with StealthCORE for multiple accounts?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 18h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m

Red face Help using Express VPN with StealthCORE for multiple accounts?

Hi all! I'm new to stealthCORE and I'm trying to set up automatons for use with multiple accounts, so I'd like to use the proxy feature. I use Express VPN, and am having some trouble figuring out how to get this to work properly.

I have entered my Express VPN login credentials in the advanced settings section of Stealth.

I use multiple locations for different accounts, and know the ip addresses that Express VPN typically uses for said locations.

I do not know the port numbers that Express VPN uses. I have tried both "433" (a blog said that Express VPN uses this port number by default) and have also tried "1080" as was recommended to me by a kind user here. Both result in failure. The Stealth log says, "Failed to connect to remote host ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond".

I have a few questions..
    1.) How do I figure out the proper port numbers to enter into stealth?
    2.) Does Stealth automatically know what VPN service I use? I entered my ExpressVPN credentials, however I'm not seeing any setting within Stealth to specify that I do in fact use ExpressVPN, as opposed to another service.
    3.) Is ExpressVPN even a proper VPN service to use with Stealth? If not, what VPN or proxy service do you recommend?

Thanks for taking the time to read this! Very happy to be here

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 18h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Darejavu View Post
    Hi all! I'm new to stealthCORE and I'm trying to set up automatons for use with multiple accounts, so I'd like to use the proxy feature. I use Express VPN, and am having some trouble figuring out how to get this to work properly.

I have entered my Express VPN login credentials in the advanced settings section of Stealth.

I use multiple locations for different accounts, and know the ip addresses that Express VPN typically uses for said locations.

I do not know the port numbers that Express VPN uses. I have tried both "433" (a blog said that Express VPN uses this port number by default) and have also tried "1080" as was recommended to me by a kind user here. Both result in failure. The Stealth log says, "Failed to connect to remote host ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond".

I have a few questions..
    1.) How do I figure out the proper port numbers to enter into stealth?
    2.) Does Stealth automatically know what VPN service I use? I entered my ExpressVPN credentials, however I'm not seeing any setting within Stealth to specify that I do in fact use ExpressVPN, as opposed to another service.
    3.) Is ExpressVPN even a proper VPN service to use with Stealth? If not, what VPN or proxy service do you recommend?

Thanks for taking the time to read this! Very happy to be here
    I'm very willing to get a new VPN service if anyone has a recommendation? This is driving me insane lol I just want to be able to utilize StealthCORE to it's fullest and save myself lots of time.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 3h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Darejavu View Post
    I'm very willing to get a new VPN service if anyone has a recommendation? This is driving me insane lol I just want to be able to utilize StealthCORE to it's fullest and save myself lots of time.
    Sounds like you may have to use the slow-er method with a VPN program... which is switching the VPN proxy every time one account finishes doing what you want to do.

If you can get proxy and port information for your VPN service (which is not standard) then you can utilize the multi-login method and run them all at once, which Bat has helped you with in the support thread.

A different service like instantproxies will provide you with 10 proxy IP's for around $10/month, and this allows you do what you want to do, I believe.

Edit: Also, if you're unsure of the port, you may need to contact ExpressVPN for that answer.
    Last edited by j03; 03-21-2023 at 09:42 PM.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Darejavu (03-22-2023),♥ foxe ♥ (03-22-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 18h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by j03 View Post
    Sounds like you may have to use the slow-er method with a VPN program... which is switching the VPN proxy every time one account finishes doing what you want to do.

If you can get proxy and port information for your VPN service (which is not standard) then you can utilize the multi-login method and run them all at once, which Bat has helped you with in the support thread.

A different service like instantproxies will provide you with 10 proxy IP's for around $10/month, and this allows you do what you want to do, I believe.

Edit: Also, if you're unsure of the port, you may need to contact ExpressVPN for that answer.
    Thank you so much for the additional info! I did contact Express VPN and as you said, getting port info doesn’t seem like a possibility. I’ll look into Instantproxies. Thank you!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 18h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by j03 View Post

Incase anyone else with a similar problem ends up here, Instantproxies worked like a charm! Much appreciate the recommendation.

I'd understand if you'd start charging me by the hour at this point, but I'm having one more issue.. I finally got things working smoothly! Then for some reason, now every time I click "login to Neopets", the program keeps closing on its own. I uninstalled/reinstalled the program, but it keeps happening. There has to be something I'm missing here, as I had it working properly. Any tips on why this might be happening?

ETA: It seems to be working now
    Last edited by Darejavu; 03-23-2023 at 04:27 PM.