72/0
    Mentioned
    104 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    I know we have the weightloss progress post, but I was wondering what your goals are (if not listed there). I've seen a lot of posts around the 'net related to weightloss that talk about what your 'why' is in order to steer people away from doing what "society"/social media deems good. I've been thinking about this lately because I'm kind of in a standstill with my goals because I feel I can't really define them.
    So, what are your fitness goals and, if you feel comfortable sharing, what is your why?

For me, it's the generic "build more lean muscle mass and lose fat". I have a trainer and basically do whatever she tells me to do no questions asked because I'm training in a powerlifting gym and still don't really understand all the jargon while getting adjusted to the culture there and am not sure where I'm going there. For example, will I want to compete? Do I have squat/bench/deadlift goals? I'm kind of just going with the flow and assume I'll reap benefits eventually lol. I like it, but just not dialed in I guess on what I specifically want out of it. I know this to be true because my nutrition is all over the place lol. Curious to hear from you all on this!
    Woah! I have a lot of respect for powerlifting. It's amazing how much they can lift.
    I have a few friends that are into that and they are very competitive, they usually go to some regional meetings.
    The only thing I don't like about them is that they are taking pain pílls everyday so they can actually train, because their body is so sore that they need the pills.
    I think thats one of the reasons I don't want to be in their levels of strength.

What do you like the most about powerlifting?

For me, I like olympic weigthlifting. In general I really love strength training, but my main sport is that one. My everyday goals are to lift more and with a bettter technique.
    My secondary goal is to have a nice body, because when you're trying to gain strength is easy to just keep your own weigth high, but I don't really like the tummy so I try to balance strength with physique.
    Rigth now, to be specific, I want to finish the year with new personal records in both Snatch and Clean and jerk movements. My current pr are 225 pounds for snatch and 285 for C&J and I want to increase to at least 245 and 305 respectively.
    And also maybe have some visible abs, lol. I want to lose maybe 5 pounds of fat

Quote Originally Posted by macaronbae View Post
    When I was a little girl, my dad would take me with him to these bodybuilding gyms and I've always admired the work people put into transforming their bodies.
    My dad taught me that I am allowed to take up space in the gym, and has just overall empowered me to be the strongest and healthiest version of myself.
    Working out has been a part of who I am for as long as I remember! I guess my goal right now is just to keep getting stronger and building more muscle.
    I understand how hard it is for females to gain muscle so I laugh when people tell me I should stop trying to lift so much. LOL.
    I also thank my dad for introducing me to sports.
    I think sports are a very important part of my life. Somehow is something that defines myself.
    I mean, my friends can't think of me without thinking in sports.
    My dad introduced me to a los of different sports since I was like 3 or 4 years old. Some casual baseball, running, bicycling, basketball, I went to Tae Kwon Do classes for nearly 3 years when I was 4, swimming, soccer, tennis.
    The only sports he didn't allowed me to play was futbol because when he was a kid someone hurts his back while playing and the gym.
    Last edited by Tyranitar; 07-22-2023 at 01:52 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyranitar For This Useful Post:

♥ lint ♥ (09-20-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    37d 1h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I have pretty severe mobility issues, so I guess my fitness goals are being able to find a suitable workout for someone who is not able to use their legs as much as their arms. It's a really tricky thing, though, to find workouts for people with limited mobility. I have some friends who are personal trainers, but they're used to techniques that most people can easily do, and I've not been able to find someone aside from like, physical therapy doctors who are good at this stuff.

That aside though, I'd love to be able to do a proper pushup one day.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Evelynn For This Useful Post:

♥ lint ♥ (10-11-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    20d 20h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I started some pole fitness classes recently and realized I have absolutely no core or upper body strength. I'm really enjoying the classes, so I think my main goal at the moment is to be able to actually hold myself up for longer than a few seconds. I also think flexability is a big one, there's a lot of movement that requires you to keep your legs straight and toes pointed, and I always seem to be bending my knees when I shouldn't.

Powerlifting looks insane, so much respect for you to even begin training for that.

------------------------------
    John Cena Cat

Buff cena cat by @honeycomb

6. The Following User Says Thank You to John Cena For This Useful Post:

♥ lint ♥ (10-11-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 10h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post
    Woah! I have a lot of respect for powerlifting. It's amazing how much they can lift.
    I have a few friends that are into that and they are very competitive, they usually go to some regional meetings.
    The only thing I don't like about them is that they are taking pain pílls everyday so they can actually train, because their body is so sore that they need the pills.
    I think thats one of the reasons I don't want to be in their levels of strength.

What do you like the most about powerlifting?

For me, I like olympic weigthlifting. In general I really love strength training, but my main sport is that one. My everyday goals are to lift more and with a bettter technique.
    My secondary goal is to have a nice body, because when you're trying to gain strength is easy to just keep your own weigth high, but I don't really like the tummy so I try to balance strength with physique.
    Rigth now, to be specific, I want to finish the year with new personal records in both Snatch and Clean and jerk movements. My current pr are 225 pounds for snatch and 285 for C&J and I want to increase to at least 245 and 305 respectively.
    And also maybe have some visible abs, lol. I want to lose maybe 5 pounds of fat

I also thank my dad for introducing me to sports.
    I think sports are a very important part of my life. Somehow is something that defines myself.
    I mean, my friends can't think of me without thinking in sports.
    My dad introduced me to a los of different sports since I was like 3 or 4 years old. Some casual baseball, running, bicycling, basketball, I went to Tae Kwon Do classes for nearly 3 years when I was 4, swimming, soccer, tennis.
    The only sports he didn't allowed me to play was futbol because when he was a kid someone hurts his back while playing and the gym.
    The pain pills!!! I can relate...I think for me specifically though, it's because I actually had a really bad back injury on my lower lumbar area so sometimes, it flares up after deadlifting. I don't pull too much weight yet, but that fear of getting really sore does NOT appeal to me lol so I don't think I'll try to train for higher weight. I think what I like most about powerlifting is how strategic it is. It's a distraction for me to focus on technique, cues, timing, position, breathing, bracing etc. rather than go thru the motions and think about aesthetic goals. It helps keep me focused and motivated when thinking of a specific PR I wanna hit rather than thinking about how I want to LOOK.

Oh olympic weightlifting! I actually wanted to do that, but nobody in my gym teaches that, but at the same time, the movements scare me lol because of the quick speed you gotta do to lift the bar. Maybe I'll graduate to that after I improve in powerlifting. Great PRs btw, at least from my perspective in comparison to me haha. Btw me too about losing a lil fat lol. I know I've gained a lot of lean muscle mass from when I started training and people tell me all the time when they hug me lol that they feel it, but I want to SEE it haha.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    1d 15h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Fitness Goals/Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Evelynn View Post
    I have pretty severe mobility issues, so I guess my fitness goals are being able to find a suitable workout for someone who is not able to use their legs as much as their arms. It's a really tricky thing, though, to find workouts for people with limited mobility. I have some friends who are personal trainers, but they're used to techniques that most people can easily do, and I've not been able to find someone aside from like, physical therapy doctors who are good at this stuff.

That aside though, I'd love to be able to do a proper pushup one day.
    Mobility is something I work on myself too, I realize I've always been tight my whole life in my back, and now I finally feel the affects.

The reason I work out is because I want to have a hot body, that's pretty much it lol, obligatory gym photo.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrixlRey For This Useful Post:

Evelynn (10-11-2023),♥ lint ♥ (10-11-2023),Pidgey (10-14-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 10h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by DrixlRey View Post
    Mobility is something I work on myself too, I realize I've always been tight my whole life in my back, and now I finally feel the affects.

The reason I work out is because I want to have a hot body, that's pretty much it lol, obligatory gym photo.

Hey that's a good reason to try and get fit!!! We all have some shade/flavor of that goal, ngl lol.

Are we turning this into a gym selfie thread now!?

(you need an account to see links)

Not really anything to sneeze at lol, but I accidentally coordinated very well with blue/teals and black from my shoes/socks, watch, beanie, and even my hair has some parts dyed blue lol. Of note, I find it very interesting how people dress for gyms depending on the type of gym and style of training. I train at a powerlifting gym and most of the people dress in oversized/baggy t-shirts I noticed. That's crept into my own style and wardrobe lol, but harder to pull off at work haha.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

DrixlRey (10-11-2023),Pidgey (10-14-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    1d 15h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Fitness Goals/Why?

Hey that's a good reason to try and get fit!!! We all have some shade/flavor of that goal, ngl lol.

Are we turning this into a gym selfie thread now!?

(you need an account to see links)

Not really anything to sneeze at lol, but I accidentally coordinated very well with blue/teals and black from my shoes/socks, watch, beanie, and even my hair has some parts dyed blue lol. Of note, I find it very interesting how people dress for gyms depending on the type of gym and style of training. I train at a powerlifting gym and most of the people dress in oversized/baggy t-shirts I noticed. That's crept into my own style and wardrobe lol, but harder to pull off at work haha.
    We can start that trend! Not surprising a Neopet player is color coordiating

Oversized is a common look these days. I wear a black oversized hoodie, but I have tank top under when I need to work. The girls in your gym are wearing baggy clothes too?

And thanks for the affirmation!

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 10h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by DrixlRey View Post
    We can start that trend! Not surprising a Neopet player is color coordiating

Oversized is a common look these days. I wear a black oversized hoodie, but I have tank top under when I need to work. The girls in your gym are wearing baggy clothes too?

And thanks for the affirmation!
    Yes! Girls wear baggy clothes too! I find it really interesting because I've been to commercial gyms for the longest time, but I've attended powerlifting meets and my gym obviously promotes powerlifting and there seems to be a very intentional choice to wear oversize shirts and pants. The guy who runs my gym (you need an account to see links) and when people "model" the clothes, it always seems to be oversized. Like, I wear size small in t-shirts but noticed girls who look smaller than me sometimes get shirts in medium for the intentional oversized look. Just an observation!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    1d 15h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yes! Girls wear baggy clothes too! I find it really interesting because I've been to commercial gyms for the longest time, but I've attended powerlifting meets and my gym obviously promotes powerlifting and there seems to be a very intentional choice to wear oversize shirts and pants. The guy who runs my gym (you need an account to see links) and when people "model" the clothes, it always seems to be oversized. Like, I wear size small in t-shirts but noticed girls who look smaller than me sometimes get shirts in medium for the intentional oversized look. Just an observation!
    It’s a good look lol, how long have you been powerlifting? You got any of those videos? I ask because usually people who powerlift usually has videos of them doing clean and jerks.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    163d 13h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    About a year ago I was at the river with some friends.
    Some photos were shared and I looked pregnant as hell!

I had a gym but I rarely used it.

So I started working out again.

Fast forward to last month we moved half way across the US. Took a couple months off.
    Piecing our home gym back together now and starting to work out again.

Not looking like I was but making progress.

My goal is not to look pregnant. And one day have abs again.

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    ♡ Lyrichord ♡

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pidgey For This Useful Post:

♥ lint ♥ (10-16-2023)