Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rep points/clraik rank question.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Rep points/clraik rank question.

I tried to find answers before posting this so I do apologize if this post is annoying. (Mods feel free to delete, but maybe also DM me?)

I know the rank system changed a while back and I was bumped down to newbie. I've mostly been an on and off again lurker for the last decade. I usually just come here when stuff is happening on the site and I want to understand more, and sometimes I come here to complain about the site. I don't play much, but I do play neo a little still and I'd like to look at the userscripts forum, some of them make the game more tolerable. However, I can't because I'm marked newbie. I don't understand how to get reputation points. In all my time on this forum I've only ever gotten +rep once and it was in 2017 for making fun of Scrappy's editorial.

Any suggestions on how to make those +24 more I need to be clraik rank again? I realize my motivation is arguably stupid, and I understand I'm not super active on here, but I'd like to find a way.

Hope everyone here is doing ok. Kind of crazy to think about how long this site, and even neopets has been around.

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,761 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Welcome out of the shadows, @(you need an account to see links)! Every user starts out with 10 +rep upon signing up, and you have 12 +rep from your prior engagement with the forum. You only need 13 +rep to qualify for clraik rank, but your motivation is admittedly a little disappointing to read. Part of the reason we instituted the change in requirements for clraik rank was to weed out users who squeaked past the relaxed minimum requirements back in the day in order to lurk and absorb benefits from the community without any further interaction. Our hope is that the perks we offer will incentivize you to participate above and beyond the formality of ranking up. To put it bluntly: if all you're planning to do is leech, then I'm afraid that clraik has nothing to offer you. I'd recommend that you take a look around the forums and see if you can find a conversation that piques your interest and jump in if you're feeling inclined. If nothing inspires you, then you'd be welcome to create a topic of your own and strike up a conversation with the other members of the community. The +rep you need will come naturally from that, and you might even find that you enjoy the companionship!

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (03-04-2023),Charmander (03-03-2023),Cinnamoroll (03-04-2023),DarkSkies (03-04-2023),Excalibur (03-04-2023),howdy (03-04-2023),j03 (03-04-2023),neofreak (03-03-2023),Unown (03-04-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Welcome out of the shadows, @(you need an account to see links)! Every user starts out with 10 +rep upon signing up, and you have 12 +rep from your prior engagement with the forum. You only need 13 +rep to qualify for clraik rank, but your motivation is admittedly a little disappointing to read. Part of the reason we instituted the change in requirements for clraik rank was to weed out users who squeaked past the relaxed minimum requirements back in the day in order to lurk and absorb benefits from the community without any further interaction. Our hope is that the perks we offer will incentivize you to participate above and beyond the formality of ranking up. To put it bluntly: if all you're planning to do is leech, then I'm afraid that clraik has nothing to offer you. I'd recommend that you take a look around the forums and see if you can find a conversation that piques your interest and jump in if you're feeling inclined. If nothing inspires you, then you'd be welcome to create a topic of your own and strike up a conversation with the other members of the community. The +rep you need will come naturally from that, and you might even find that you enjoy the companionship!
    Hey Bat! Thanks for the really fast reply. Didn't expect that. : )
    I understand the rank policy, the reason for the change, and I respect it. I'm sorry my motivation is disappointing, but at least I'm real? lol. Originally when I'd joined that's more or less what I feel this forum and the others around that time were about. I've had a few times where I've been able to engage with the community and have discussions, but overall I find it difficult in general to engage with any group of people. There might be threads here that I read, but it's already been replied to to pieces and there's nothing I can add. Or maybe the thread's interesting, but it hasn't been posted on in a few weeks/months and I don't wanna revive a dead thread. I'm not trying to be a leech. I'm just incredibly shy and boring. But I have at least been a longtime intermittent lurker who does sometimes engage with the forum when Neopets is having another apocalypse and it's fun to make fun of TNT.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Honestly, if all you want is access to the userscripts with minimal effort on your part, then just pay for it lol. If you pay for clraik VIP, you get access to that forum without needing the required +rep for the clraik rank. However, you’ll need to keep paying if you want access to new scripts. Maybe someday that will incentivize you to become active in the community so you don’t have to shell out the $
    Custom userbar/avvie by the lovely @(you need an account to see links)

Beautiful starbirb Ryu, Meteion, by the talented @(you need an account to see links)!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dasvidaniya For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (03-04-2023),DarkSkies (03-04-2023),Excalibur (03-04-2023),♥ hugosasso ♥ (05-21-2023),♥ lint ♥ (03-04-2023),Synth Salazzle (03-04-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    The community is nice and fun, I recommend just reading other sections and trying to have a good time. I originally came here only to sell stuff, but I haven't sold in years and I'm just here for the community now because it's just. Very unique. There is no other place like this on the internet at all. I just enjoy the forum itself now.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (05-21-2023),DarkSkies (03-04-2023),Dasvidaniya (03-04-2023),Excalibur (03-04-2023),Flordibel (03-04-2023),neofreak (03-05-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    92 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Hey Neofreak! Looks like we both joined around the same time! I too, had originally joined to use scripts as a lurker and then kind of lost interest in Neopets in general and then pretty much forgot about this site. I recently returned and thought it was worth trying to engage since this community had done so much for Neopets users in the past with making all the userscripts to use. I think this community is really cool as a more genuine group of Neopets users than on other forums and appreciate their efforts to create community events that may not even be related to Neopets. I'm still finding my footing here for sure, but as others have said, browsing posts to see if anything interests you or just to chime in with your opinion helps! Maybe you can find a niche that speaks more to your interests. Just something to consider, from someone who came from a similar place as you

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

Flordibel (03-05-2023),neofreak (03-05-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    16h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I was wondering the same thing but once I started talking with people, this place is actually pretty fun with a lot of nice people!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to XRBurton For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (05-21-2023)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    247d 5h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 24m
    Hey! When I was a newbie on this forum, I wondered how I could contribute too but like many others said, interacting with people here is so nice and you end up winning +rep along the way without fully realising it.

Eventually I could find ways that I could help people/enjoy it at the same time

Examples: I help price check pets/unconverteds/uc petpets when I'm free of time, sometimes I also like to post here when NC goodie bags are free in the mall since I collect them and usually get a little bit of rep for that, interact in the forum and you will get there with time.

Userbar by ♥ Infected ♥ - Watercolor clefairy by ♥ Wooloo ♥ - Wink cle/avatar art by ♥ DankRUSE ♥ - Pumpkin cle by ♥ hearts ♥

Icon by ♥ mothman ♥ / ♥ sugarbee (heart cle) ♥

Zenitsu has best cookiez

Pronouns
    He / Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    229 times
    Time Online
    65d 2h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Some things that earned me rep (not sure if you can see these sections though):
    Providing mystery pic answer support, voting on beauty contests, providing price checks.

Generally just spend time on the forums, participate, and help others when you can!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Shawn For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (05-21-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    84d 6h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Once you get to know others you'll what see what they are struggling with. And if you know the answer you can always give a hand or provide support.

Be patient.

Kindness always find its way back home buddies

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (05-21-2023)