Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What do you like most of your job?

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    90 times
    Time Online
    6d 8h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Correct! There were cast member only pins and even "mystery boxes" that we could get. One was B.O.L.O with some of the villains!
    But I do collect pins as well!! Er... us to lol It was getting super expensive. I also use to collect PTDs!

As for working there, it was a ton of fun but there were so many rules on what we had to do and stuff.
    I'll admit... there were days where I had to go in the back and just cry out my frustration due to people yelling at me all day for things I had no control over.
    Or if I was just following the rules and people got upset that I couldn't do certain things for them.
    My best friend used to work as a cast member too for Disneyland a few years ago and boy oh boy do I feel this. She has so many stories about how stressful it was to deal with some entitled visitors. Worst part imo was that there were some cast members who were creepy around her. Luckily, it wasn't all bad because she met her boyfriend there and they've been together for 8yrs! I visited recently and he got me into Disneyland (he currently works there but no longer as a cast member) and it was funny because she was trying to avoid all the cast members she recognized around the park and we had to do quite a bit of covert speed walking lmao

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (06-09-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 20h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    My best friend used to work as a cast member too for Disneyland a few years ago and boy oh boy do I feel this. She has so many stories about how stressful it was to deal with some entitled visitors. Worst part imo was that there were some cast members who were creepy around her. Luckily, it wasn't all bad because she met her boyfriend there and they've been together for 8yrs! I visited recently and he got me into Disneyland (he currently works there but no longer as a cast member) and it was funny because she was trying to avoid all the cast members she recognized around the park and we had to do quite a bit of covert speed walking lmao
    Holy cow! For real? I worked Main Street, so its so awesome to hear of others working at the park.
    But that creeper part is 100% a thing and its so wild how many times it happens. I NEVER thought it would happen to me till one day I had an AP (Annual Pass) holder keep coming in to say hello. At first it was a lot of fun to meet new people and have a conversation!
    Just, at some point, she kept coming in and asking for me and kept asking me out. I was with someone at the time, and they kept on asking. I was trying to be as nice as I could, but could never shake them off. The last interaction I had was them asking me out and give me their number lol

In general though, it was so fun to work at the park! We had some hard days, but I could legit share SO many stories about my time there! I have 3 memories that will stay with me for life and I am so grateful to Disney for giving me the chance to work there and have those experiences.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    10h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I work at a pet shop and kennels and i love almost everything about my job. I get to work with dogs all day and take care of them, they're always happy to see you and give cuddles. At the pet shop we get to see puppies grow right in front of us and we match them with families that are so excited to take them home. Pretty often, customers will come back in with them, and we get to see them grown up, and they always recognise us! It's fun seeing all the puppies' different personalities and I find it super rewarding being able to educate customers on breeds and dog behaviour. There are definitely times when it's physically tiring (lots of bending over and picking up poop, puppies jumping up on you and nipping you, etc), but at the end of the day sitting down with the babies for 5 minutes really heals your heart hahaha

Pronouns
    any/all
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    19d 15h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    so my job is as a psychology research assistant, and aside from the really low pay, it's like a perfect job for me.
    i mainly work towards carrying out research for the professor i work under. last year, for example, i went all the way from preliminary research/literature review to collecting data to presenting the results at a research fair!
    the work entails very little social interaction, and any interaction i do have is with like-minded people. i get so, so easily burnt out in customer-facing jobs.
    i also enjoy the research process, as far as actual labor goes. like, it isn't relaxing per se, but its really satisfying to me. i feel super cool spending the day at the library, annotating journal articles and writing my own research paper.