Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] What Battledome Opponent Should I Fight?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

[GUIDE] What Battledome Opponent Should I Fight?

Hi, this will be a simple guide on which Battledome opponents will result in the most average daily profit! Will try to update if prices drastically change.

Feel free to reply with any additional prize info you have and i'll update accordingly.

NOTE November 12, 2023 - Nerkmids are currently crashing in price due to the deflation of rare paint brushes. They have crashed from ~180k to ~110k as of today. If prices continue to fall, consider Easy Snowager as an alternative to Premium opponents. (you need an account to see links)

If you have Neopets Premium

Cosmic Dome opponents drop Nerkmids. Both are more profitable than any non-premium opponents in terms of prizes due to Nerkmid prices.

(you need an account to see links)

1. Giant Space Fungus - Hard Difficulty

The Giant Space Fungus on hard difficulty drops Bubbling Fungus. This item changes Strength by -3 to +5 and on average will increase a pet's strength. It is currently worth ~120k NP. Adding this prize on top of the nerkmids that drop in the Cosmic Dome will result in the most possible battledome profit of all challengers.

2. Jetsam Ace

Jetsam Ace is the easier cosmic dome opponent to beat. If your pet cannot beat the Fungus, you can still get a lot of nerkmids from this opponent.

If you do not have Neopets Premium

1. Snowager on Easy Difficulty

The Snowager on EASY difficulty ONLY will occasionally drop Frozen Negg. Neggs have been drastically inflating in price because you can turn them in for Neggery points to purchase stat-increasing neggs such as Armoured Negg.

Frozen Negg currently sells for ~300,000 NPs. You will not get this as a drop every day, but you can expect to receive 8-11 of these in a month on average. The snowager will drop fewer codestones than Dome of the Deep opponents, but the profit from frozen neggs is worth it. Cooling Ointment is also a lucrative drop.

You can unlock this battledome opponent by being blasted by the Snowager while trying to sneak past him to pick up a prize. (you need an account to see links)

2. Giant Spectral Mutant Walein

The Walein is a Dome of the Deep opponent. Dome of the Deep, on average, drops more codestones than the other arenas.

Many players prefer to fight the Walein instead of the Koi Warrior because it has a smaller individual prize pool (the koi warrior drops a lot of unique junk). The Medium difficulty Walein has an opponent-specific prize pool of only one item (the Walein petpet). Would this mean more codestones and drops from the arena's prize pool? Many believe so, and I've noticed more codestones from this opponent than the Koi Warrior.

3. Koi Warrior

The Koi Warrior is the easiest opponent to defeat in the Dome of the Deep, which drops more codestones than other arenas.

This opponent is unlocked via random event at (you need an account to see links). Refresh and eventually it will unlock.

4. S750 Kreludan Defender Robot

If your pet is unable to beat any opponents in the Dome of the Deep, the next most profitable arena would be the Neocola Centre. The Defender Robot is the easiest opponent in this arena and is easier to beat than the Koi Warrior.

The Neocola arena prize pool consists of Neocola Tokens and can rarely drop Armoured Negg. Armoured Negg currently sells for around ~250,000 NP. It increases a pet's defense by 1.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to aymo For This Useful Post:

Buizel (12-16-2023),Charizard (04-23-2023),emmalovato (1 Week Ago),GetJinxed (05-21-2023),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (06-20-2023),Guil (10-25-2023),H3nry (11-23-2023),infestedvirus (01-04-2024),John Cena (11-03-2023),KJiU (04-15-2023),mokavanila (12-03-2023),NotAnya (02-12-2024),Nyu (01-24-2024),Q*bert (10-26-2023),rodelicious (04-12-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Updated Frozen Negg pricing. All other info should still be current here!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    165 times
    Time Online
    41d 6h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    oooh thanks for this post! i didnt realize the Walein had a possibly better prize pool, i'll have to try them tomorrow

custom userbars by @lyrichord (argyle) and @charmander (guilmon ryu)! thank you so much!

"My name isn't Rob, but I'm Robbing"
    -Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

userbar by @charmander and art by @dankruse !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Guil For This Useful Post:

aymo (10-25-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Guil View Post
    oooh thanks for this post! i didnt realize the Walein had a possibly better prize pool, i'll have to try them tomorrow
    Yes, let me know if Medium Walein ends up giving more codestones! Before I moved on to Snowager, that's what I used to fight every day. I remember getting a lot.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to aymo For This Useful Post:

Guil (10-25-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    4d 12h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Walein provides a lot of genies in bottles, but it doesn’t feel like there are particularly many cryptographic stones.
    But I’ve only been playing for a day, so I’ll give you a reference.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyc51498 View Post
    Walein provides a lot of genies in bottles, but it doesn’t feel like there are particularly many cryptographic stones.
    But I’ve only been playing for a day, so I’ll give you a reference.
    Dome of the Deep on average does drop more codestones than any other arena. Every dome of the deep opponent has a shared prize pool, and an individual prize pool. The codestones are in the shared prize pool. Walein on Medium's individual prize pool is just 1 item. So in theory, you'll be able to pull more from the shared prize pool instead of getting more from the individual prize pool, like the koi lollypops from the koi warrior. Or at least that's the theory.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Updated with a note about Nerkmid deflation, as well as general price updates on rare prizes.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 10h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Thanks Aymo, until now, I was going for Koi warrior... I have expensive BD items which really are just going to waste... hoping one day BD will get some attention...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by aymo View Post
    Updated with a note about Nerkmid deflation, as well as general price updates on rare prizes.
    Haven't frozen neggs been in a freefall as well? Although I did notice cooling ointments are up to like 40+k

Also to note that Codestones are currently skyrocketing, so maybe the dome of the deep challengers are top right now

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 10h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by billytiddles View Post
    Haven't frozen neggs been in a freefall as well? Although I did notice cooling ointments are up to like 40+k

Also to note that Codestones are currently skyrocketing, so maybe the dome of the deep challengers are top right now
    Yes, it would be good to see the math on it... Getting a Zed Codestone is not uncommon with koi warrior.