25/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m

Red face Hello future friends!

Hi! I used to be active here a few years ago and have recently gotten the neo itch and returned. I don't think I ever made an intro post and I'd like to actually try and make some friends this time around sooo... here goes nothing!

I'm currently a stay at home mom expecting my 2nd crotch goblin in mid-April, but before that I worked in IT in healthcare as an application analyst. Also do joint real estate investing with the spouse and we're working on finishing up a rehab now to get it rented out hopefully within the next month or so.
    I'm hugely into playing video games (PS, Switch, PC, etc.) Mmos are my ish, though currently on a wee hiatus from FFXIV and Overwatch lol. Farming sims like Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons & Stardew Valley are my kryptonite. Also Pokemon <3
    I read books, but mostly only YA trash because I am also trash c: Will happily take any book recommendations!
    Also watch probably wayyy too many tv shows and movies lol. Always into anything related to space, love a good k-drama, and have very varied tastes on shows!
    The hubby and I are very into tabletop board games (it's like our one shared hobby lol), like Catan and beyond, and we have a pretty swanky collection & attend cons whenever possible. If there are other board game people here, would love to connect & maybe play some games online!

That's all I can really think of? Happy to be here and hope to meet some of y'all around the site & do the whole community thing c:
    Custom userbar/avvie by the lovely @(you need an account to see links)

Beautiful starbirb Ryu, Meteion, by the talented @(you need an account to see links)!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dasvidaniya For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (02-28-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Hey welcome out of the shadows!
    Crotch goblin gave me a good chuckle. Congratulations. Do you know what you're having?
    Love that you invest in real estate. Would love to hear more about your projects and any tips you have from your experience investing. How did you and your partner decide to begin investing/renovating?

If you like games, you should come to one of our games nights!! We'd love to have you. We just did one this past weekend and played some Jackbox games. I hope you join us next time we have one

Do you have any pets?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Dasvidaniya (02-28-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    Hey welcome out of the shadows!
    Crotch goblin gave me a good chuckle. Congratulations. Do you know what you're having?
    Love that you invest in real estate. Would love to hear more about your projects and any tips you have from your experience investing. How did you and your partner decide to begin investing/renovating?

If you like games, you should come to one of our games nights!! We'd love to have you. We just did one this past weekend and played some Jackbox games. I hope you join us next time we have one

Do you have any pets?
    Hi hello! c:
    Thank you! We're having a girl (the first was a girl too, so I guess we're just a girl family now lol)

Real estate investment has been quite a journey, especially in this post-covid economy, and it's still changing all the time. I'm happy to answer any questions you have about it! Specifically though, the #1 resources I'd recommend for starting out are the Bigger Pockets podcast & forum, and the book "The BRRRR Method" by David Greene. It lists out the strategies we follow when purchasing properties for either short or long term investing (we don't do flips) and it's a really good place to start and figure out a foundational plan to build your empire, so to speak. We actually decided to go down this route around the time covid hit and we saw the massive hits that our 401k's took during that time. The losses were ridiculous and never really recovered since. We wanted a different plan for retirement that was more within our control and decided on building up passive income & wealth through long term real estate investments. There are some friends in our life who've done pretty well with this and also influenced our decision in that direction.

I totally plan on coming to the next game night! I was gonna come to this past one, but was actually at a board game convention in Charlotte, NC all weekend lol. Hopefully the next one lines up better c:

I have a wee dog, a Pomeranian named Fitz <3 He's 9, almost 10 years old, and I've had him since he was 2 mos old. He's my little old bastard lol. Here's a pic for dog tax!

Beautiful starbirb Ryu, Meteion, by the talented @(you need an account to see links)!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dasvidaniya For This Useful Post:

Nattiee (02-28-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Welcome back! I'm new here, but so far have really been enjoying chatting and exploring the forum. Everyone is so friendly!

My sister and BIL are also a board game couple, so I get some exposure to that from them! Spouse and I are very casual - like, we play scrabble and DnD/Pathfinder but they've started to introduce us to some fun ones. They got a game called Mysterium over the holidays, and I've enjoyed a couple playthroughs of that.

As for book recs, I don't read much YA so these might not be your bag! But I've read a bunch of T. Kingfisher over the past year and loooved those, as well as Our Wives Under the Sea by Julia Armfield.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to harpy For This Useful Post:

Dasvidaniya (02-28-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 20h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Oh congrats on your second!! we can totes play pokemon together! ive spoken to you before. nice to officially meet you <3

and of course welcome back!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Dasvidaniya (02-28-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by harpy View Post
    Welcome back! I'm new here, but so far have really been enjoying chatting and exploring the forum. Everyone is so friendly!

My sister and BIL are also a board game couple, so I get some exposure to that from them! Spouse and I are very casual - like, we play scrabble and DnD/Pathfinder but they've started to introduce us to some fun ones. They got a game called Mysterium over the holidays, and I've enjoyed a couple playthroughs of that.

As for book recs, I don't read much YA so these might not be your bag! But I've read a bunch of T. Kingfisher over the past year and loooved those, as well as Our Wives Under the Sea by Julia Armfield.
    Agreed! This is a really great place to be c: I haven't even gotten back on neo yet but have been enjoying chatting around here!

Uhhhh ma'am, I would not call DnD/Pathfinder casual! xD That's so cool! We tried getting into that since one of our board game friends is a GM/DM (?) for his Pathfinder group, but it quickly fell apart due to scheduling issues with another member I'm jealous! Mysterium is a really fun game c: It's like a fun mix of Clue with Dixit (a game kinda like Cards Against Humanity but with abstract drawings instead of words).

I'll have to check out T. Kingfisher! I browsed some of her titles and they've got some good reviews c: Though my backlog of shit to read is pretty ridiculous at this point

@(you need an account to see links) - Thank you! It's nice to officially meet you as well c:
    I'm always down for people to play Pokemon with!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Hahaha we're definitely casual in comparison to people who are really into either board games like you guys or TTRPGS! Anyone I know who plays Catan regularly is hardcore into it, it totally makes me feel like a dummy. And our DM has been running games for like 20+ years, I still reference everything I do in a session with my handbooks. Scheduling is always the hardest part about those campaigns. Our longtime one fell apart when we moved cities and I was sooo sad to lose that party. We've got a 5e and a Pathfinder campaign on the go currently.

Yes, I love Dixit! That's another one my sister introduced me to, it's super fun.

Kingfisher writes fun narration so it might vibe with your YA sensibilities. My favs so far have been The Twisted Ones (spooky) and Swordheart (fantasy romance). Any books you've read recently I should add to my list?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to harpy For This Useful Post:

Dasvidaniya (03-02-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 11h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasvidaniya View Post
    Real estate investment has been quite a journey, especially in this post-covid economy, and it's still changing all the time. I'm happy to answer any questions you have about it! Specifically though, the #1 resources I'd recommend for starting out are the Bigger Pockets podcast & forum, and the book "The BRRRR Method" by David Greene.

Welcome back to Neo/cK! And yooo BiggerPockets has a book, First Time Home-Buyer, that was my bible for buying my first house last year. Anyone who has been unfortunate enough to mention real estate in my presence either here or offline has had to hear about how invaluable I found it lol. So +1 to that recommendation. My house is still having some renovations complete before I move in next month and I'm SO excited.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Dasvidaniya (03-02-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasvidaniya View Post
    Hi hello! c:
    Thank you! We're having a girl (the first was a girl too, so I guess we're just a girl family now lol)

Real estate investment has been quite a journey, especially in this post-covid economy, and it's still changing all the time. I'm happy to answer any questions you have about it! Specifically though, the #1 resources I'd recommend for starting out are the Bigger Pockets podcast & forum, and the book "The BRRRR Method" by David Greene. It lists out the strategies we follow when purchasing properties for either short or long term investing (we don't do flips) and it's a really good place to start and figure out a foundational plan to build your empire, so to speak. We actually decided to go down this route around the time covid hit and we saw the massive hits that our 401k's took during that time. The losses were ridiculous and never really recovered since. We wanted a different plan for retirement that was more within our control and decided on building up passive income & wealth through long term real estate investments. There are some friends in our life who've done pretty well with this and also influenced our decision in that direction.

I totally plan on coming to the next game night! I was gonna come to this past one, but was actually at a board game convention in Charlotte, NC all weekend lol. Hopefully the next one lines up better c:

I have a wee dog, a Pomeranian named Fitz <3 He's 9, almost 10 years old, and I've had him since he was 2 mos old. He's my little old bastard lol. Here's a pic for dog tax!
    Thank you for the reccos, I'll check them out I'm always looking at ways to maximize income.. Who doesnt love money lol. Who is your main demographic for renting? I found renting to students minimizes risk a bit since usually they're in and out based on year/semester & also sometimes have a parent cosign so there's less of a chance of them being reckless with the property

Fitz is the most perfect little floof!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Dasvidaniya (03-02-2023)

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    103d 6h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    Hey!! Thanks for the introduction! I'm also a gamer and enjoy playing Overwatch and some MMOs. I'd love to be friends and game together sometime!

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

Dasvidaniya (03-02-2023)