Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we all really see very little of ourselves?

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 20h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

Do we all really see very little of ourselves?

To be honest I dont know if this is the correct spot... but I would like to generally discuss here. If I could ask you all to perhaps drop a bit of info here.

Discuss a time that made you proud... something that would increase your self worth. Something fulfilling. Something valuable. It can also be anything.. anything at all.

I'd like to start doing this probably once a day as a reminder. A reminder that we're all doing alright.

I'll go first.

I never thought at the age of 27 I'd purchase my first house. 2 years prior i was consistently spending money on my car trying to modify it and "be fast af boi" i will say the company i kept at the time did keep my head up high while helping me remove my head out of my arse.

I am very proud of myself.... and sometimes i never see this.

What say you? I'd love to hear stories - obviously ones you are comfortable speaking about.

Heres bubble tea to soothe your voice: (you need an account to see links)

Have a great day all, looking forward to seeing these <3.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (04-25-2023),I_royalty_I (02-26-2023),Ice (03-18-2023),kittyray (02-26-2023),♥ lint ♥ (02-28-2023),Menine (03-18-2023),Mothman (02-26-2023),Nattiee (02-27-2023),Slowpoke (04-01-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    48d 20h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Thanks for this!

I suppose I am proud of myself for being halfway through my MBA degree, something I wanted to do originally back in 2009 but ended up not following through due to cost - now, many years later, I am actually achieving that goal. Better later than never I suppose Going back to school has been challenging with a full time job, but I am making it through with a good GPA and hoping to graduate in December!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arabella For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (02-26-2023),I_royalty_I (02-26-2023),kittyray (02-26-2023),Mothman (02-26-2023),Nattiee (02-27-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I think a time that was fulfilling and valuable for me was going over a friend house recently to spend some time watching football with everyone. We used to do that a lot back in college and even before.. but this time was different. Everyone is now married, has their own house, living life, and we all now have one baby too. We had commented on how wild thing are and how quickly life changes. It was kind of like a realization that we have shifted to the next phase in life.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Arabella (02-26-2023),Excalibur (02-26-2023),kittyray (02-26-2023),Mothman (02-26-2023),Nattiee (02-27-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 20h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Arabella View Post
    Thanks for this!

I suppose I am proud of myself for being halfway through my MBA degree, something I wanted to do originally back in 2009 but ended up not following through due to cost - now, many years later, I am actually achieving that goal. Better later than never I suppose Going back to school has been challenging with a full time job, but I am making it through with a good GPA and hoping to graduate in December!
    @(you need an account to see links) NO! Thank you for sharing. i feel like we all are thinking it but, lets say it: time isnt a factor. now look at you! doing so well <3 heres to many more years. Youre doing great.

Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I think a time that was fulfilling and valuable for me was going over a friend house recently to spend some time watching football with everyone. We used to do that a lot back in college and even before.. but this time was different. Everyone is now married, has their own house, living life, and we all now have one baby too. We had commented on how wild thing are and how quickly life changes. It was kind of like a realization that we have shifted to the next phase in life.
    @(you need an account to see links) im so happy to see youre still here. you were one of the first ones i met back in the days. To reminisce like that is wonderful. Especially since im sure we've all lost someone who wont be able to do that again. Youre doing amazing! Im so jealous you have a family. - someday i know i will but... i patience is something im not very good with. I hope you have a good day today. thank you so much for sharing. Life is wild isnt it?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Arabella (02-26-2023),I_royalty_I (02-26-2023),kittyray (02-26-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) im so happy to see youre still here. you were one of the first ones i met back in the days. To reminisce like that is wonderful. Especially since im sure we've all lost someone who wont be able to do that again. Youre doing amazing! Im so jealous you have a family. - someday i know i will but... i patience is something im not very good with. I hope you have a good day today. thank you so much for sharing. Life is wild isnt it?
    You’re absolutely right! Life is insane. It’s also crazy to me that I’ve been around on ck from the start. Never would have seen myself where I am now ten years ago. I took the unconventional path but wound up right where I wanted to be. I’d say just don’t give up, if you want something, write it down and work on making it happen. I still have a ton of goals, but they are super long term. Very blessed with my family right now, my little peanut is 8 weeks old today and she’s finally starting to smile - it’s so cute! She drives my crazy at times, but that’s totally okay haha. Hope everything is going great over there for you too man! Congrats on the house too! I know that’s exciting. Have you gone on that new house Amazon spending spree yet?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (02-28-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    To be honest I dont know if this is the correct spot... but I would like to generally discuss here. If I could ask you all to perhaps drop a bit of info here.

Discuss a time that made you proud... something that would increase your self worth. Something fulfilling. Something valuable. It can also be anything.. anything at all.

I'd like to start doing this probably once a day as a reminder. A reminder that we're all doing alright.

I'll go first.

I never thought at the age of 27 I'd purchase my first house. 2 years prior i was consistently spending money on my car trying to modify it and "be fast af boi" i will say the company i kept at the time did keep my head up high while helping me remove my head out of my arse.

I am very proud of myself.... and sometimes i never see this.

What say you? I'd love to hear stories - obviously ones you are comfortable speaking about.

Heres bubble tea to soothe your voice: (you need an account to see links)

Have a great day all, looking forward to seeing these <3.
    Hey that's a great accomplishment!! Congrats!! I've been wanting to do this for the last 5 years or so, but where I live, (actually the entire state I live in) the market is absolutely insane for a first time homebuyer with a single income. I'm still working on it!

Anyway, as far as accomplishments go, I'm proud of myself for making a career change into tech. I didn't study anything remotely near any STEM careers and always felt super dumb in those areas because I was notoriously bad at math growing up and all through school, even though I was good at all other subjects. During the pandemic, I decided to try and change my job because 1. I needed to make more money (don't we all) 2. I saw a lot of people doing it who came from random careers so I thought, "hey why NOT me?". I spent the next 2 years taking classes and completing a degree in cybersecurity and then landed my current job in IT as a systems administrator. I'm so used to things not working out for me and me having to resort to Plan B, C, or D, that, I'm still wrapping my head around this periodically. My manager and team are super great, supportive, and patient with me learning the work that I could NOT be in a better place to transition careers. I'm excited to see where my job goes in the next few years.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (02-28-2023),kittyray (02-28-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 20h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    You’re absolutely right! Life is insane. It’s also crazy to me that I’ve been around on ck from the start. Never would have seen myself where I am now ten years ago. I took the unconventional path but wound up right where I wanted to be. I’d say just don’t give up, if you want something, write it down and work on making it happen. I still have a ton of goals, but they are super long term. Very blessed with my family right now, my little peanut is 8 weeks old today and she’s finally starting to smile - it’s so cute! She drives my crazy at times, but that’s totally okay haha. Hope everything is going great over there for you too man! Congrats on the house too! I know that’s exciting. Have you gone on that new house Amazon spending spree yet?
    @(you need an account to see links) ive had my house for a couple years now as im 31 but it was sucha cool accomplishment... thanks again ! Im on amazon all the time... and im honestly always doing house projects my wallet hates me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    Hey that's a great accomplishment!! Congrats!! I've been wanting to do this for the last 5 years or so, but where I live, (actually the entire state I live in) the market is absolutely insane for a first time homebuyer with a single income. I'm still working on it!

Anyway, as far as accomplishments go, I'm proud of myself for making a career change into tech. I didn't study anything remotely near any STEM careers and always felt super dumb in those areas because I was notoriously bad at math growing up and all through school, even though I was good at all other subjects. During the pandemic, I decided to try and change my job because 1. I needed to make more money (don't we all) 2. I saw a lot of people doing it who came from random careers so I thought, "hey why NOT me?". I spent the next 2 years taking classes and completing a degree in cybersecurity and then landed my current job in IT as a systems administrator. I'm so used to things not working out for me and me having to resort to Plan B, C, or D, that, I'm still wrapping my head around this periodically. My manager and team are super great, supportive, and patient with me learning the work that I could NOT be in a better place to transition careers. I'm excited to see where my job goes in the next few years.
    @(you need an account to see links) thats so amazing! and thank you! im so happy youre able to make it come to fruition. you must be super proud <3 keep on killing it! school and work is a challenge and im glad you got through it!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    @(you need an account to see links) ive had my house for a couple years now as im 31 but it was sucha cool accomplishment... thanks again ! Im on amazon all the time... and im honestly always doing house projects my wallet hates me lol.

@(you need an account to see links) thats so amazing! and thank you! im so happy youre able to make it come to fruition. you must be super proud <3 keep on killing it! school and work is a challenge and im glad you got through it!
    Ohhh gotcha! Your wording made me think you had just gotten it. So you definitely had that initial spending spreed. I think I bought more shit I didn’t need than I did need. Somehow I ended up with a drone, an Apple Watch, a new laptop. Probably things I didn’t need to buy right after dropping a fat stack on my house… but YOLO.

That’s the one thing I didn’t fully anticipate when I got my house.. how much things cost to maintain and upgrade. We had the whole house painted, new furniture. My wife has these GREAT ideas to blow a few thousand to upgrade bathrooms. Gotta reel her in there. But it really is non stop projects. It’s fun, but my wallet hates me too. Amazon loves me though.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (04-25-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    3d 14h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I’m proud of myself for just making it through the day, every day.
    I struggle really bad with my mental health and some days I feel like I absolutely can’t make it.
    But every night, I give myself a pat on the back for hanging on.
    Sorry if it’s a bit dark lol.
    But it’s all I can think about when the topic of “what makes you proud of yourself” comes up.
    Just being here makes me proud of myself.
    Just keeping on every day. I feel like it may not seem much to a lot, but sometimes it’s the hardest thing for me to do.

Signature by Wave's Signatures Factory
    Thank you for my Ryu bar Great White North!

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to macaronbae For This Useful Post:

Chilljoy (04-26-2023),Excalibur (04-25-2023),♥ foxe ♥ (03-13-2023),kittyray (03-13-2023),Menine (03-18-2023)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    18d 1h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by macaronbae View Post
    I’m proud of myself for just making it through the day, every day.
    I struggle really bad with my mental health and some days I feel like I absolutely can’t make it.
    But every night, I give myself a pat on the back for hanging on.
    Sorry if it’s a bit dark lol.
    But it’s all I can think about when the topic of “what makes you proud of yourself” comes up.
    Just being here makes me proud of myself.
    Just keeping on every day. I feel like it may not seem much to a lot, but sometimes it’s the hardest thing for me to do.
    Happy you're still here homie!
    Proud of you for hanging on and how you keep going. You're doing great! I love seeing you around the forums

Thanks to Houndoom for the Shinx drawing!
    Thanks to Great White North for the Shinx Ryu!
    Thanks to DankRUSE for the avatar and to Lyrichord for the userbars and tying it in to the avatar art!
    You all are amazing <3

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shinx For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (04-25-2023),macaronbae (03-13-2023)