Thread: Feeding vs Playing (and some other questions)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    69/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    6d 6h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Feeding vs Playing (and some other questions)

Read through all the guides and such and can't seem to find anything on the differences between these?

This seems to be my understanding on caring of Ryu:
    -If there's poop, always shovel, this is always top priority
    -If Ryu is at full hearts, then playing/feeding does absolutely nothing.
    -The Ryu refuses to eat, but it looks like it still does the 'play' animation even if it's at full hearts. I'm assuming this is just an animation and not actually doing anything, right?
    -If the Ryu isn't at full hearts, play and/or feed it until it's at full. These function identically and don't actually matter.

My question is - is that all true? I haven't really been able to see anything in the guides or mechanics that fully explains it, and this isn't a super Googleable thing.

But let's say I take care of my pet and babysit lots of Ryus - but I never feed them. As soon as they lose a heart, I immediately play with them and bring them back to full. Is this detrimental? Does the Ryu know somewhere that it's 'not being fed'? On the other hand, are there any benefits/consequences to feeding? Like, if a Ryu is at lowest hearts, if I just feed it nonstop all the way to full hearts, are there any negative consequences or I get docked 'luck' for overfeeding or never playing with my Ryu or anything?
    Or are there simpy benefits for alternating? Maybe each action has like a diminishing returns and feeding 4x in a row benefits you less than doing 2x feed and 2x play?

Sorry how long this is and if I'm kind of all over the place... like I said it's not really something I can just Google to see how it all works, and there were a lot of gaps in my understanding trying to read through the information posts that are already out there and I have so many questions since this is a function I really like But yeah, I don't really understand the mechanics and what the "right" way to go about doing things to increase luck/progress/unlockables. And I see things like this:

And I just have no idea what it means or how to get any actual information or explanation on it. So sorry again - I really did try to do my due diligence and read through the resources and threads by Bat here, so sorry if I missed this information or overlooked anything!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DC Comics For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (02-22-2023),aymo (02-21-2023),Bat (02-21-2023),Excalibur (02-22-2023),Fartbox (05-30-2023),Kon (02-21-2023),Slowpoke (02-21-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    84d 6h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    The picture stands for scooping poop, feeding and playing.

First row means the times you've done these three tasks over your own Ryu.

Second row means the times you've done these three tasks over other ryus.

Health = Hearts (always visible on each Ryu bar)
    Luck = Stars (visible on your Edit Profile section)

I normally try to do half playing and half feeding, just because I want even stats (the picture you posted).

I haven't seen overfeeding/overplaying consequences. Only the other way around when leaving a Ryu unattended for so long results in a grave.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

aymo (02-21-2023),DC Comics (02-22-2023),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (02-21-2023),Pidgey (02-22-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    69/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    6d 6h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Ahhh okay, I have been experimenting with that little graph trying to figure it out hahaha. I'll play with several Ryu then refresh, or play with mine and refresh, etc. but the numbers never moved. I'm guessing it's every 10 by the approximation?

Thank you so much for that explanation because that was driving me insane hahaha. I thought like the top row was points awarded per action and the bottom row was how many I had earned or something, but then again I couldn't figure out how to make the numbers go up You have no idea how relieved I am having figured this out.