40/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m

Hogwarts Legacy

Anyone else currently playing Hogwarts Legacy?

If so, thoughts so far?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mawb For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    15d 1h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    It's... boring. I was really excited to play but I forgot how corny the dialogue in this series is. All the voices and names are so goofy. There are parts of the game where it's really obvious the voice actors were given lines without any context, there's one scene where you get injured and your voice actor sounds like he's happy to be there... Not to mention how rushed the writing looks, in the first 15 minutes they casually kill off a character and everyone immediately forgets about him, lol. Also, too many lags and glitches for the budget it has.

All the characters have creepy talking animations that doesn't match their mouths and I realized later how much I hate the semi-realistic art style. It gives uncanny valley vibes. On top of all of that, the combat LOOKS nice, but it's nothing different from any old ass Skyrim game, you're just shooting colored lazers instead of hitting things with swords.

I stopped a few hours in because I felt like I wasn't enjoying it at all. First time I've regretted preordering a game.
    Last edited by Irohh; 02-09-2023 at 12:28 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Irohh For This Useful Post:

♥ honeycomb ♥ (02-09-2023),I_royalty_I (02-09-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    706 times
    Time Online
    83d 13h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari View Post
    It's... boring. I was really excited to play but I forgot how corny the dialogue in this series is. All the voices and names are so goofy. There are parts of the game where it's really obvious the voice actors were given lines without any context, there's one scene where you get injured and your voice actor sounds like he's happy to be there... Not to mention how rushed the writing looks, in the first 15 minutes they casually kill off a character and everyone immediately forgets about him, lol. Too many lags and glitches for the budget it has. All the characters have creepy talking animations that doesn't match their mouths and I realized later how much I hate the semi-realistic art style. Gives uncanny valley vibes.

I stopped a few hours in because I felt like I wasn't enjoying it at all. First time I've regretted preordering a game.

Weird because I feel the opposite. I’ve been playing for six hours (so far, so at the time of writing this). I haven’t encountered a single glitch, no issues with lag. The character voices are fine IMO, not a fan of the charms professor but what can you do? As for their names… this IS a fantasy game. Do you really expect “normal” names? Lol. I don’t really have an issue with the sync of the voices, either. I’m playing on PC so…? 🤷🏼*♀️

I haven’t been bored AT ALL. There is so much to do and explore. I’ve only just gotten to Hogsmeade and I am mind blown at how much there is to see and do, literally everywhere. Personally if you think it’s boring, then either you haven’t played it as in depth as you think or maybe this game just simply isn’t for you.

Overall, to answer OP’s question, I think it’s quite good. I have no complaints, other than the charms professor is a bit annoying.

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

glittery (02-09-2023),I_royalty_I (02-09-2023),♥ Juna ♥ (02-09-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023),Mawb (02-10-2023),Nyanobyte                      (02-09-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    15d 1h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    Weird because I feel the opposite. I’ve been playing for six hours (so far, so at the time of writing this). I haven’t encountered a single glitch, no issues with lag. The character voices are fine IMO, not a fan of the charms professor but what can you do? As for their names… this IS a fantasy game. Do you really expect “normal” names? Lol. I don’t really have an issue with the sync of the voices, either. I’m playing on PC so…? 🤷🏼*♀️

I haven’t been bored AT ALL. There is so much to do and explore. I’ve only just gotten to Hogsmeade and I am mind blown at how much there is to see and do, literally everywhere. Personally if you think it’s boring, then either you haven’t played it as in depth as you think or maybe this game just simply isn’t for you.

Overall, to answer OP’s question, I think it’s quite good. I have no complaints, other than the charms professor is a bit annoying.
    I honestly think that looking back as an adult, the Harry Potter franchise as a a whole is super corny and a bad representation of fantasy. And this is coming from a former Potterhead. I re-read the book series a few months ago and it just doesn't have that same magic. I get that it's a children's book series, but that doesn't excuse shitty writing.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Irohh For This Useful Post:

fool (02-16-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023),♥ Rattata ♥ (02-10-2023),Sanctus (05-04-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    706 times
    Time Online
    83d 13h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Irohh View Post
    I honestly think that looking back as an adult, the Harry Potter franchise as a a whole is super corny and a bad representation of fantasy. And this is coming from a former Potterhead. I re-read the book series a few months ago and it just doesn't have that same magic. I get that it's a children's book series, but that doesn't excuse shitty writing.
    I mean this as nicely as I can, but that sounds more like a “you” problem versus the actual game itself, as that’s based on your own opinion/feelings on the series. Not the game itself. Which is why I said, it just may not be the game for you! Doesn’t mean it isn’t still a good game.
    @(you need an account to see links) go for it once you can! It’s definitely worth it, “stiff” characters or not.

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Bomb (10-03-2023),Bulbasaur (02-09-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    I mean this as nicely as I can, but that sounds more like a “you” problem versus the actual game itself, as that’s based on your own opinion/feelings on the series. Not the game itself. Which is why I said, it just may not be the game for you! Doesn’t mean it isn’t still a good game.
    @(you need an account to see links) go for it once you can! It’s definitely worth it, “stiff” characters or not.
    Oh, yes yes!
    I didnt mean that as a "THIS GAME SUCKS!" way!
    It does look like so much fun! Im trying not to look at any streams, as I want to enjoy it while I play (if I can get it)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-27-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    15d 1h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I'm just responding with my opinion to OP. I respect your opinion on the game but I just didn't like it.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irohh For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-27-2023),♥ Rattata ♥ (02-10-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    I REALLY want to play/try it out, but Im broke as a joke lol (MLOA. No work. No monies lol)

From what I've seen and read though, its a mixed bag.
    It does look like a lot of fun, but the characters do seem a bit stiff

If I can get my hands on it though, Im sure I'll enjoy it!
    I just fear I'll get it once everyone stopped playing

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (02-15-2023),♥ Juna ♥ (02-09-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023),Slowpoke (02-17-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    37d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I've been playing for hours and just made barely made it to Hogsmeade. I've been exploring and doing side quests, there's just so much to explore!! I can't speak on the entire game since I've barely progressed, but I really like it!
    This is coming from someone who didn't like Harry Potter as a kid, and i've only ever seen the first three movies so far as an adult. Yeah its a bit cheesy, but the franchise is built off a series meant for young kids.
    The graphics are a bit weird, but that's whatever. I wish they had more skin color options, the scale thing only goes so far left/right and more general customization options. I also don't like that the houses don't have the same amount of quests, and Azkaban is only accessible if you're in that one specific house. I'll update this comment once I play through it more. So far, loving it.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Juna For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (02-09-2023),Cinnamoroll (02-09-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    354d 8h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 11m
    Ohh, did you all get this game early? I am excited to play it on my Switch/Steam Deck, but it says it comes out Friday.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418