4/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    15d 23h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    48m

Newbie Buying Questions

Hopefully this thread is ok to be posted here, I came back to neo after a haitus and have decided I'd like to try out pet trading, but I don't really have any pets that I think will get me to the kinds of pets I'd like to have. After reading about UCs coming back I think I'd like to try trading for some RW/RN so I figured maybe a good starting point would be through buying an aged account and a couple of fodder pets to get started? I've never bought anything offsite like this before so some advice would be definitely appreciated.

• How much $ would I be looking at for an account and maybe 1-2 decent trading fodder pets? Or would it make more sense to just go for UCs since it seems like they still trade decently?
    • Do you need to use a VPN when moving these pets from accounts generally?
    • Any other tips you would recommend?

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    @(you need an account to see links), I'll move this thread. The Neopets Trade section is strictly for the marketplace, not questions! Try the Help, SPAM or Neopets Chat next time.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

3. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

♥ Rowlet ♥ (01-27-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    8d 10h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    My two cents as a casual buyer who only plays from my main:

If you're buying pets specifically to trade, I would personally buy dn/bn low to mid tier UCs. the PC usually doesn't bat an eye when those pop up, whereas higher tier UCs and common RW/RN might draw a little attention. Some users also stalk certain RWs/RNs and notice when they change hands. With the UCs you can always just trade for the names you want. Of course, if you're not going to parade around the PC then buy whatever you want.

As far as VPN goes, I have never used one to move pets but it certainly wouldn't hurt. However make sure you're not using a shared IP or something, could lead to chain-freezing if someone else does something risky with it.

The UC trading thread in the neopets traders board is great for finding something specific and a lot of sellers will sell accounts/shells with multiple pets if that's what you're after. Everyone I've ever bought from has been very nice and helpful!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    You should use a proxy/vpn for any illegitimate activity that you partake in. If you don’t have that many accounts, or any accounts, you should be fine being a little more relaxed with how you hide your IP. When Im logging into dozens of accounts a day, I’ll keep rotating out my vpn for a new IP every so often.

You can get an account and a few low end, bad names pets, for pretty cheap. It just depends what you want that account to have on it - aged, stars, trophy’s, name, etc. The same goes for the pets. Im sure you know there are wide ranges on UC pet prices and it depends what you are looking for.

The best way to answer your question would you be for you to make a trading thread for what you’re after, or post on the pet trading thread here to see what people have available.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    10d 10h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Hello fellow newbie to buying!

I just took the plunge a few days ago, and I've moved NPs and bought pet/s to my formerly legitimate main without any fuss. I did the whole switching VPNs thing to juggle the shells around, so far my main is still standing.

There are some report happy PCers you need to watch out for - Taloki being one of the prominent names - but if you avoid them you should be fine. For every pet reporter there are a bunch of PCers just chill with whatever as long as no active player is affected.