6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    19h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

workout girlies~

Pleeaase drop your shoulder/back routines! I'm not looking to bulk these areas, really just tone to improve general back pain & posture. I've tried a couple different routines I've put together, I've tried what friends do on shoulder day etc but nothing feels..right

As tax, here's my glute routine that's helped me grow my butt ~2 inches outward & greatly improve shape in the almost year I've been doing it hehe. I only do this 3x a week, I'd love to tell you I use resistance bands for lazy active rest days 4x wk, but really it's like 2x
    (I don't list sets as I go to failure but 3 or 4 is a great starting point, I also don't list weight but I started out using using none/smallest weights possible and currently do between 20 and 40lb depending on the move):

0. Cardio (you don't have to start with cardio at all, but if you do, do something that will wake up your glutes like a steep incline on the treadmill or stair master if you're a sadist. I do 2.5-3mph on max incline for 15-20 mins)
    1. Kas glute bridge x12 followed by 30 second hold
    2. RDLs x8
    3. Single Leg Press (foot high on the plate) x8 per leg
    4. Medial cable kick back x12 per leg
    5. various stretches, whatever feels nice on my legs (probably do this longer than I do, I'm lucky to do 5 mins)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to floofie For This Useful Post:

Dasvidaniya (03-13-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    3d 14h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Hello! I do a lot of bodybuilding, and honestly “toning” a body part is really just building more muscle and having less fat.
    It’s very hard to “accidentally” bulk, especially for women. You’d have to eat at a surplus for a long time and lift heavy and do progressive overload.
    With that being said, I’ll post my shoulder/back workouts!

Shoulders (most of these are 4x8)
    DB shoulder press
    lateral raises
    Front raises
    BB upright row
    Bent over reverse fly

Back workouts
    Warm up with Pull-ups (banded if you’re not able to do body weight)
    Lat pull downs
    Single arm DB row
    Seated cable row (wide and underhand)
    Cable pull downs

Let me know how you like these!

Signature by Wave's Signatures Factory
    Thank you for my Ryu bar Great White North!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macaronbae For This Useful Post:

Dasvidaniya (03-13-2023),floofie (01-18-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    19h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by macaronbae View Post
    Hello! I do a lot of bodybuilding, and honestly “toning” a body part is really just building more muscle and having less fat.
    It’s very hard to “accidentally” bulk, especially for women. You’d have to eat at a surplus for a long time and lift heavy and do progressive overload.
    With that being said, I’ll post my shoulder/back workouts!

Shoulders (most of these are 4x8)
    DB shoulder press
    lateral raises
    Front raises
    BB upright row
    Bent over reverse fly

Back workouts
    Warm up with Pull-ups (banded if you’re not able to do body weight)
    Lat pull downs
    Single arm DB row
    Seated cable row (wide and underhand)
    Cable pull downs

Let me know how you like these!
    Queen! Thank you 🥰 I will definitely report back

6. The Following User Says Thank You to floofie For This Useful Post:

macaronbae (01-18-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    124d 23h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 17m
    I pair shoulder + triceps and back + abs for my lifting. The routine:

Back & Abs:
    Dumbell bent over row - 3 x 6
    Lat pull down Machine - 3 x 8
    Reverse Fly - 4 x 12
    Hanging leg Raise - 3 x 10
    Rope crunch - 3 x 20
    Decline crunch - 4 x 12

Shoulders & Triceps
    Overhead Press - 4 x 5
    Dumbbell lateral Raise - 4 x 10
    Front Raise - 3 x 12
    French Curl - 3 x 8
    Cable Pushdown - 3 x 10

with various types of planking as the warm up and cool down.

I pair weight lifting with my other love, lap swimming for my workout routine. My shoulders and back: amazing, if I do say so myself xD

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Dasvidaniya (03-13-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    90 times
    Time Online
    6d 8h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I've had some SERIOUS back pain issues in the last year with herniated/slipped discs pinching my sciatic nerve so badly that I would spent like 2 days crying from the pain (and I'm a stone cold bitch who doesn't cry 😂) and what really helped me more than doing weightlifting was stretching doing cobra pose. This was for pain, but I now continue to workout with weights because my doctor said this happens to me because I don't have enough muscle; especially at my core.

My back shoulder stuff has been (my trainer has me on this and she's an actual pro powerlifter) focusing on:

Dumbbell overhead press 3x10
    Lateral raises 3x10
    Weighted (usually a 15 kilo plate on my back) planks 3x35-45 seconds
    Dumbbell rows 3x10

Since my trainer is a powerlifter, my training is focused on the big lifts (SBD), so I usually do this on a day I might do a barbell bench, for example. I've been doing this for the last 4 months and have not become bulky at all😅 It's a lot harder to develop upper body stuff for women than lower body I feel like, so I don't think you have to worry about that if you follow any of these suggestions.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    3d 14h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    I've had some SERIOUS back pain issues in the last year with herniated/slipped discs pinching my sciatic nerve so badly that I would spent like 2 days crying from the pain (and I'm a stone cold bitch who doesn't cry 😂) and what really helped me more than doing weightlifting was stretching doing cobra pose. This was for pain, but I now continue to workout with weights because my doctor said this happens to me because I don't have enough muscle; especially at my core.

My back shoulder stuff has been (my trainer has me on this and she's an actual pro powerlifter) focusing on:

Dumbbell overhead press 3x10
    Lateral raises 3x10
    Weighted (usually a 15 kilo plate on my back) planks 3x35-45 seconds
    Dumbbell rows 3x10

Since my trainer is a powerlifter, my training is focused on the big lifts (SBD), so I usually do this on a day I might do a barbell bench, for example. I've been doing this for the last 4 months and have not become bulky at all😅 It's a lot harder to develop upper body stuff for women than lower body I feel like, so I don't think you have to worry about that if you follow any of these suggestions.
    I actually have two herniated disks as well that sometime result in neuropathy down both of my legs! I went to see a physical therapist for a couple weeks and I've been doing the stretches I've learned at home and they have helped me tremendously!
    They told me I needed to keep working out. I haven't has a flare-up in months! I hope your back is doing a lot better!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to macaronbae For This Useful Post:

♥ lint ♥ (03-15-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    90 times
    Time Online
    6d 8h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by macaronbae View Post
    I actually have two herniated disks as well that sometime result in neuropathy down both of my legs! I went to see a physical therapist for a couple weeks and I've been doing the stretches I've learned at home and they have helped me tremendously!
    They told me I needed to keep working out. I haven't has a flare-up in months! I hope your back is doing a lot better!!
    Yeah I'm stretching about 1-2 times a month, unfortunately lol. It's what I hear I gotta do, but I get so impatient and want to just jump into the exercise. I'm much better now, thank you! I am noticing that my core is def weak because when I do a trap bar deadlift, I struggle to control/pull from my core so I'm trying to add that into my workout routine more now. Every now and then I get tinge or zap down my spine in my tail bone, but no where near as bad as it was before.
    Can you link which stretch(es) in particular have helped you?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    3d 14h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    Yeah I'm stretching about 1-2 times a month, unfortunately lol. It's what I hear I gotta do, but I get so impatient and want to just jump into the exercise. I'm much better now, thank you! I am noticing that my core is def weak because when I do a trap bar deadlift, I struggle to control/pull from my core so I'm trying to add that into my workout routine more now. Every now and then I get tinge or zap down my spine in my tail bone, but no where near as bad as it was before.
    Can you link which stretch(es) in particular have helped you?
    Definitely try to stretch at least once a day, even for a couple minutes before bed.
    I've linked a youtube video for you with the stretches!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to macaronbae For This Useful Post:

♥ lint ♥ (03-15-2023)