30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m

Account access issue?

Anybody ever run into an issue like this?

I logged into an old account I used to pass a few things through, stored some random stuff on. I logged into it today to look through what I had left on it. Successfully navigating all areas of the site. Went to look at another userlookup and it prompted me to login. Found out I was logged out and now the password does not work. The account is not frozen, it was a long long ago account and been under my control for literally years. I changed IPs to see if I was banned, but that wasn’t the case. I’m not sure what could have happened or why it happened.. but I can no longer login to said account.

Confused.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    134 times
    Time Online
    245d 6h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 24m
    There was a mass PW reset on August (due to backend live access to neo info from a third party and this was even offered for some kind of crypto, don't know if they ended selling it but there should be images around here), many people got locked out but the solution that TNT gave for this is now that they actually let you log into your account for 5-10 mins and then log you out with the wrong pw msg, so you'd need the email to that account to do a password reset.

Userbar by ♥ Infected ♥ - Watercolor clefairy by ♥ Wooloo ♥ - Wink cle/avatar art by ♥ DankRUSE ♥ - Pumpkin cle by ♥ hearts ♥

Icon by ♥ mothman ♥ / ♥ sugarbee (heart cle) ♥

Zenitsu has best cookiez

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Clefairy For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (01-07-2023),I_royalty_I (01-06-2023),Moon (01-07-2023),Sakuras (01-08-2023),Unown (01-06-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Clefairy View Post
    There was a mass PW reset on August (due to backend live access to neo info from a third party and this was even offered for some kind of crypto, don't know if they ended selling it but there should be images around here), many people got locked out but the solution that TNT gave for this is now that they actually let you log into your account for 5-10 mins and then log you out with the wrong pw msg, so you'd need the email to that account to do a password reset.

Ahhh okay. I have seen a few password reset/glitches - most of which TNT will never admit to. So that’s not new. Very aware of the access that was available last year but not the reset. I wonder if they reset every account. I heard they were gonna do a 4month rollback or something. It’s weird they’d allow a temp login and then a lock of the account. Idk how they’d do that, database wise, but I’ll have to check on other accounts of mine. I’ve logged into other things that have been just as active with no issues oddly enough.

My understanding was the passwords were hashed in the breach so that’s much safer than plaintext like in the past
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    134 times
    Time Online
    245d 6h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 24m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Ahhh okay. I have seen a few password reset/glitches - most of which TNT will never admit to. So that’s not new. Very aware of the access that was available last year but not the reset. I wonder if they reset every account. I heard they were gonna do a 4month rollback or something. It’s weird they’d allow a temp login and then a lock of the account. Idk how they’d do that, database wise, but I’ll have to check on other accounts of mine. I’ve logged into other things that have been just as active with no issues oddly enough.

My understanding was the passwords were hashed in the breach so that’s much safer than plaintext like in the past
    I think they did that because they were getting flooded with tickets from people who were locked out and didn't knew their mails for their accounts.

And yes, I read everything was stored on hashes.

Userbar by ♥ Infected ♥ - Watercolor clefairy by ♥ Wooloo ♥ - Wink cle/avatar art by ♥ DankRUSE ♥ - Pumpkin cle by ♥ hearts ♥

Icon by ♥ mothman ♥ / ♥ sugarbee (heart cle) ♥

Zenitsu has best cookiez

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Yeah, you need original email access to keep accounts/shells "safe" these days so you don't get locked out. On first login (since the reset in August) you get like 5 mins (to me it seems like a set amount of clicks but it probably is based on time and I'm just being paranoid about clicking around) to get in and change the password before you're locked out forever unless you have the email (then you can just request a password reset). You can change the email address in that time too but sometimes it doesn't register in the system and reverts back to the old one right before the lockout hits. And if you do change the email and the email address is still active, that person will get an email saying "you changed your email address from *this address* to *the email you chose*" which can get you caught immediately if they still play or still care enough about neopets to report it when the see that email in their inbox.

I've even heard of people who get a second round of the password change weeks after the first one though it doesn't seem like it's too common and is most likely a glitch (I haven't experienced it)

It's definitely changed the way I've had to do things and a lot of us lost some really nice stuff during this. *Cries in lost rich shells*
    Last edited by Narkotiq; 01-07-2023 at 03:00 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Narkotiq For This Useful Post:

DrBumfinger (01-07-2023),I_royalty_I (01-07-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    28d 8h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Ah yes I lost a really nice semi main shell =(
    Because of a long hiatus, I did not know about the 5 Minute Lockout. I have the email of that account, but the password reset mails are not coming through. Annoying!

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Carialle View Post
    Ah yes I lost a really nice semi main shell =(
    Because of a long hiatus, I did not know about the 5 Minute Lockout. I have the email of that account, but the password reset mails are not coming through. Annoying!
    I have one doing the same thing, it's so aggravating because the account is one of my favorite shell mains (full team of BD pets, HUGE SDB and Gallery, more avatars and stamps than I'll ever have, old trophies) and I have the original email. I sent in a ticket about not getting the password change email, that was back in like September and I still haven't heard back, even after using a spare twitter account to message them the ticket number.

RIP my sweet sweet shell main. Your original owner abandoned you and now sadly I must too Q_Q
    Last edited by Narkotiq; 01-07-2023 at 04:25 AM.

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    That happened to me! I'm the owner of the original mail but it's hotmail and it seems that neo is having issues sending mails to.
    So even if I ask a password reset, the mail does not send.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    28d 8h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Yes mine is a Hotmail as well!

It was my favorite shell as well, RW Account name, two common RN Pets, UC, all lost.
    It is frustrating. I can not login because wrong password.

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Mine's yahoo. I haven't had any problems with any hotmail accounts luckily.