10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m

Quest for the pressed (coins)!

The Pokemon centers have pressed penny machines and I just found out they have city-specific coins today. I got the Hiroshima set and now have to plan my Japan tour of all the centers.

Also these stores are a financial danger pit. I want everything. Has anyone hit up any? Are there any in the US? Or elsewhere worldwide? I'd be down for some Pokemon penny swaps if so.

Last edited by Lilac Tentacles; 06-19-2023 at 08:13 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Pidgey (06-19-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    335 times
    Time Online
    163d 5h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    I remember going to a zoo as a kid and they had these in certain exhibits x)

I cannot remember the last time I've see one of these if I'm completely honest but it's super cool.

I'll have to watch this thread and see if it's a thing in the US! Pretty neat!

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    ♡ Lyrichord ♡

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    13d 2h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Hmmm I think I have some from Themeparks around the world, pressed pennys or coins of some sort. Those ones look pretty darn cool. I have been to Hiroshima and to the museum there etc and very sad. But Pearl Harbour was also sad. Wars just suck in general ...

Neopets + GC player, collector, fanatic.
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for the amazing userbars
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for vector art

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Yeah, I've done the museum a few times in both locations. I'll take people who visit me off they want, but I usually try to avoid the heavy side of Japan when I do my tour guides around the city.
    Thus how I found: the Pokemon center 😅 and the 20 anime stores with figures to the brim.

I was googling around and I hope the map app is just wrong. There have to be some Pokemon places in the USA. I need more Pokemon pennies!

Also the display there was cool. Enjoy my goober face:

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (06-19-2023),DarkSkies (06-19-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    92d 22h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Aw man, I've wanted to go to a pokecenter for such a long time now. I think the closest one is in New York? :/

Japan has so many cool Pokemon places. Hopefully I get to go there someday. The only penny squish machines I've seen have been at zoos and history museums around here.

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    58d 14h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    Can confirm I've only seen Penny pressers at state fairs, zoos and museums. I was tempted to get one at the zoo I went to a couple months ago but I didn't have any spare coins on me. I think the images that get pressed onto it are zoo animals and thought that was very cool

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,162 times
    Time Online
    557d 10h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracarys View Post
    Aw man, I've wanted to go to a pokecenter for such a long time now. I think the closest one is in New York? :/

Japan has so many cool Pokemon places. Hopefully I get to go there someday. The only penny squish machines I've seen have been at zoos and history museums around here.
    From looking, it seems like the Pokecenter was turned into Nintendo World for unclear reasons:

I've been a few times just when needing to kill half an hour nearby, and is probably worth the visit, but last time I went (5-6 years ago) and def didn't emphasize pokemon more than anything else that I can recall. I don't remember if they had pressed pennies.

 The Pokémon Center New York attracted thousands of tourist for the four years it was open. Pokémon was declining in popularity by the mid-2000s, and Nintendo wanted to keep gaming characters in the interest of children. In 2004, it was announced that the Pokémon Center NY store would be closed for renovations, then to later announce that it would no longer be a Pokémon location, but a Nintendo Flagship store known as Nintendo World. The Pokémon Center New York closed its doors for the last time on January 19th, 2005.

 ”The decision to change the store stemmed from Pokémon and Nintendo efforts to continually evolve and nurture interest in video games and gaming platforms/systems, including Pokémon games and trading cards,” says Suzanna Scallon, director of trade shows for Nintendo of America, the Japanese company’s U.S. subsidiary.

 This released statement was a seemly innocent and legitimate reason to convert into Nintendo World. However, the real reason for the closure of the Pokémon Center in New York was far from innocent. Former employees of the store claim that Nintendo was unhappy with the way that The Pokémon USA was running the store. There were issues of employees stealing merchandise, as well as overall non-professional behavior. There were supposed to be more future Pokémon Centers across the nation, but they never came to be. The New York store seems to have been a “test-run,” which eventually closed after only four years of operation. The headquartered New York Pokémon Company location was shut down, and Nintendo took over the store.
    Source: (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    92d 22h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    From looking, it seems like the Pokecenter was turned into Nintendo World for unclear reasons:

I've been a few times just when needing to kill half an hour nearby, and is probably worth the visit, but last time I went (5-6 years ago) and def didn't emphasize pokemon more than anything else that I can recall. I don't remember if they had pressed pennies.

Source: (you need an account to see links)
    wow this is disheartening
    Idk the fine-tuning of the bureaucracy of these companies, but nintendo/pokemon co/gamefreak are missing out on money by not having more pokemon stores around. I know there are enough pokemon lovers here for at least one store.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Alcremie For This Useful Post:

kittyray (06-19-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    I kind of get renaming to encompass more fans. Even the poke centers here are relatively small. It's nothing major. Even the one in Tokyo was about the size of a five guys restaurant. But it was definitely packed to the brim.

I know they have huge events and tons of people still turn out. I know the US has the population to sustain a small poke center here and there.

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Ah crap, I wish I was still working at Disney!
    They have Cast Member only pressed coins that I could have got for you.
    I sadly never got them myself but I ALWAYS walked by them! Like everyday

Maybe I can try and talk to one of my friends lol