Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 12h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

Small Shiny Sandwich Guide W/ Pics ^_^

(you need an account to see links)

First guide I think ever? So please Excuse the grammatical errors or my I's not being capitalized. I will do my best to do a once over on this. So I will include the pictures floating around the interwebs but this will be a guide for those who want to spawn shiny pokemon in. It isnt easy... especially if you havent caught all 400 to get the certification which helps enable better odds at finding shinies! Right? Noice. The odds go from 1/4096 to a wopping 1/2044.5 (source:keengamer)

After completing the Dex (which you also get some cool Pokeballs) you will need to visit Jacq and speak to him to get the shiny charm. He can be found at Naranja/Uva Academy in the Biology Lab.

Noice! you got a shiny charm! Now what? On to Sandwiches! We first must know what gets the shiny power? That is HM's! or Herba Mystica! You might be asking whats the chances? Well with both sandwich and Charm: 1/683 (See Below)

However it is important to split the HM's. Youre going to want to choose two different ones for the sandwich (sometimes Salty & Salty will be fine). The picture below may seem like much, but i will explain underneath!

The picture at first was confusing. It is simple though! The only thing you need to worry about is mixing the incorrect herbas. Peep #3 on the picture, Example: Water will require any herba EXCEPT 2 sweet or 1 sweet and 1 sour. So you can freely choose Spicy and Sweet. That's one example, but similar to the rest of the types that require a different match up.

&& Thats it!!! No... not really. First off you want to look for OUTBREAKS of the specific pokemon youre looking for.. WHY? Because it will make things like 1.5X easier? The ratio is 1/512

Lets go catch shiny Drifblim! Things you will want to do:

• Go to area
    • Save
    • Make sammich of the specific pokemon type (example for drifblim ghost ingredients then sour and salty HM)
    • Use the lets go attack method and knock out 60 pokemon
    • Save again
    • Defeated 60 pokemon? Shiny hunt time!
    • From here, you have two options: you can either run away from the area and come to reset encounters, or you can open and close the picnic to reset them as well.
    • Shinies will DESPAWN so its best to have saved. Lets say you saw the shiny and left the area you can close, reload and find it again.
    • CATCH IT once you find it, get off the Dragon and sneak up on that booger.

Things to note: You can change the outbreaks by time traveling. If you dont want to time travel by all means play as intended. I prefer the picnic open and close method after defeating 60 pokemon i so far have found 20 shinies that way.! Scarlet and Violet are different... in terms of shiny hunting and i will say nowadays its so much easier!!

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (10-07-2023),Buizel (01-16-2023),Bulbasaur (01-23-2023),chii3d (01-15-2023),DarkSkies (02-13-2024),Hollow (01-23-2023),Mothman (02-13-2024),Nyanobyte                      (01-15-2023),oddish (02-13-2024),♥ pillowfighter ♥ (09-21-2023),Teakwood (01-23-2023),Zenitsu (01-23-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 19h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m

Thank you a ton for the Guide!
    Once I get my Dex going, I want to try and farm some Shiny Pokemon lol
    I mainly do eggs, but the Sandwich method can help me get a nice amount of Shiny Pokemon to play with

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (01-24-2023)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 13h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m
    Thank you for taking the time to write this guide! I do wish some of the shiny pokemon this gen were more noticeable...there are quite a few that you can't even tell is a shiny pokemon because the difference is so small

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418