Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Slice of Life Anime do you recommend?

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 19h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m

Which Slice of Life Anime do you recommend?

So, the talk of Anime has really got in in the mood to watch some new ones!
    But, I REALLY enjoy Slice of Life type.
    The thing is, I love like... REAL slice of life. No magic, no power, no time travel kind of thing.

An example of one that I love is called "Princess Jellyfish".

Plot:

So I wanted to see if there were any type of Slice of Life Anime that you all can recommend

Im also a sucker for funny ones as well!
    Doesnt have to be Slice of Life

Like Nerima Daikon Brothers!

Plot:

PLEASE! I know that sounds bad, but it really is a fun and enjoyable anime lol
    Last edited by Bulbasaur; 01-10-2023 at 02:18 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Aero (01-10-2023),doraemon (01-19-2023),Nyanobyte                      (01-10-2023),Slowpoke (01-11-2023),Zenitsu (01-10-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    28d 8h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Oh, I already heard good thing about Princess Jellyfish. I'll give it a try =)

My absolute favorite Slice of Life Anime is:

(you need an account to see links)

A Place further than the Universe

It is only 13 Episodes, so a snack anime =P

Mari Tamaki is already in her second year of high school when she realizes with horror that all her high school resolutions have so far remained unfulfilled. No spontaneous trips, no truancy, nothing at all! Again and again, she shies away at the last moment from doing something new, spontaneous, unknown, and thus always remains in familiar paths. One day, however, chance brings her together with Shirase Kobuchizawa, a girl who, for very personal reasons, has made up her mind to travel to Antarctica. She works ceaselessly on this project, despite the ridicule and all the demotivating comments of those around her. Mari is impressed by Shirase's strength of will and now sees her chance to finally overcome her own hesitation and make the big trip she has been planning for so long.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sneasel For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 4h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m

Nana is hands down my favorite slice of life!
    I believe there are around 47 episodes.

The series is centered on Nana Osaki and Nana Komatsu, two women who move to Tokyo at the age of 20, with the story focused on Nana O.'s pursuit for fame and Nana K.'s pursuit for romance, all while struggling to maintain their friendship.

For me this one just felt relatable. I wasn't that much older than the characters when I watched this, so a lot of topics or situations were able to hit close to home. It def caused a few tears to be shed! Worth the watch imo ^^

^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-10-2023),♥ Juna ♥ (01-10-2023),Slowpoke (01-11-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 19h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Carialle View Post

Mari Tamaki is already in her second year of high school when she realizes with horror that all her high school resolutions have so far remained unfulfilled. No spontaneous trips, no truancy, nothing at all! Again and again, she shies away at the last moment from doing something new, spontaneous, unknown, and thus always remains in familiar paths. One day, however, chance brings her together with Shirase Kobuchizawa, a girl who, for very personal reasons, has made up her mind to travel to Antarctica. She works ceaselessly on this project, despite the ridicule and all the demotivating comments of those around her. Mari is impressed by Shirase's strength of will and now sees her chance to finally overcome her own hesitation and make the big trip she has been planning for so long.
    Snake Anime? I guess you could call it a...Snackime?... I'll see myself out

Oh, but this sound cute! And 13 episodes sounds great in my book!
    Is this something I can find on Hulu/Netflix or um, Crunchyroll?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post

Nana is hands down my favorite slice of life!
    I believe there are around 47 episodes.

The series is centered on Nana Osaki and Nana Komatsu, two women who move to Tokyo at the age of 20, with the story focused on Nana O.'s pursuit for fame and Nana K.'s pursuit for romance, all while struggling to maintain their friendship.

For me this one just felt relatable. I wasn't that much older than the characters when I watched this, so a lot of topics or situations were able to hit close to home. It def caused a few tears to be shed! Worth the watch imo ^^
    Oh my, Im a baby when it comes to things that can make me cry lol
    Hell, I cried so much watching Violet Evergarden...

Aw, this one sound so good as well! and 47 episodes is great too!

I might end up having to watch both real soon!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

♥ Juna ♥ (01-10-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    434 times
    Time Online
    64d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Carialle View Post

100%. This anime is amazing, I can't count how many times I've watched it. So good... really everyone should give it a try!

As for my own recommendation, I have to go with

Sound! Euphonium

It's about a high school wind instruments band, and all of their hardships they go through in order to do better than in past years. It has a huge focus on interpersonal relationships which is what I personally like the best about it. The characters are great and their struggles feel real, and also the music is top notch. In addition, the animation studio is Kyoto Animation - so the show looks fantastic as well!
    It has 2 seasons of 13 episodes each, one OVA, 2 movies and soon there will be more! (another movie and a third season iirc)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-10-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 19h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Mkay, so I 100% will have to watch A Place further than the Universe then!

Oh my word, I love anime with music! And its so wonderful that they made 2 movies on this!
    This one sounds so cute as well!

So far, these three sound so perfect for me!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

♥ Juna ♥ (01-10-2023),TsUNaMy WaVe (01-10-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    28d 8h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    It's on Crunchyroll.
    Lol, Snack, not Snake. Like little tiny cause only 13 episodes. hahaha

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sneasel For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-10-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    37d 17h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I second Nana, and third A place farther than the universe!! lol

I love Fruits Basket to death. I cried so many times reading the manga, and I'm so happy they finally did a proper anime adaption.
    It's about a high school girl named Tohru Honda, who finds herself living with the mysterious Sohma family after her mother passes away. The Sohmas are cursed such that when they are hugged by someone of the opposite sex, they turn into one of the animals of the Chinese Zodiac. Tohru promises to keep their secret and, as she becomes more involved with the family, she learns about their individual struggles and helps them come to terms with their curse. This series is known for its strong character development and emotional themes, but it also has a lot of comedy and drama.

I also really like Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid! It's super funny, cute, and fluffy.
    Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid is about a young programmer named Kobayashi who saves the life of a dragon named Tohru and as a result, Tohru decides to repay the favor by becoming her maid. But Tohru isn’t the only dragon to have found her way to the human world and soon, a group of dragons show up at Kobayashi's door, each with their own personalities and quirks. This show is a comedic slice of life with fantasy elements, featuring the daily lives of these dragons as they try to adapt to life in the human world.

Both MC's named Tohru, hopefully not confusing, lol.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juna For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-10-2023),Slowpoke (01-11-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I literally came here to recommend dragon maid. It's 10/10

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-10-2023),Slowpoke (01-11-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 19h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Juna View Post
    I second Nana, and third A place farther than the universe!! lol

I love Fruits Basket to death. I cried so many times reading the manga, and I'm so happy they finally did a proper anime adaption.
    It's about a high school girl named Tohru Honda, who finds herself living with the mysterious Sohma family after her mother passes away. The Sohmas are cursed such that when they are hugged by someone of the opposite sex, they turn into one of the animals of the Chinese Zodiac. Tohru promises to keep their secret and, as she becomes more involved with the family, she learns about their individual struggles and helps them come to terms with their curse. This series is known for its strong character development and emotional themes, but it also has a lot of comedy and drama.

I also really like Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid! It's super funny, cute, and fluffy.
    Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid is about a young programmer named Kobayashi who saves the life of a dragon named Tohru and as a result, Tohru decides to repay the favor by becoming her maid. But Tohru isn’t the only dragon to have found her way to the human world and soon, a group of dragons show up at Kobayashi's door, each with their own personalities and quirks. This show is a comedic slice of life with fantasy elements, featuring the daily lives of these dragons as they try to adapt to life in the human world.

Both MC's named Tohru, hopefully not confusing, lol.
    Fruits Basket has actually been on my list for sooo long, but I admit that I have never even tried to watch it.
    I think this is a sign to actually to watch it!

Oh, and mkay! That one seems pretty cute as well!
    I think a friend of mine was trying to get me to watch this one as well lol
    That one with the pink hat and ... horns? Seems familiar too!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

♥ Juna ♥ (01-10-2023)