DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 13h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m
    Thank you both for answering! I knew about Tony and his shenanigans, but I was thinking the newer staff probably barely knows about us lol.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    he/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    This is a super interesting thread! It's kind of depressing how many of these comically expensive items are/were easily obtainable at one point, and could easily be re-released in the same way! a stamp given out for FREE 20 years ago going for millions and millions is ridiculous. Still, I LOVE history of old site events+items like this!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    19d 1h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Wow this is really depressing to see how much is out of reach...just for stamps.

I'd be interested in books. The normal book award and booktastic seem impossible.

And seconding gourmets!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (01-12-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    I added up all the prices of the main big stamp albums (I excluded stamps 999,999 and under because whatever)

9.615 billion np

If 1 mill is .5 USD, 1 bill is $500. Times 9.6 gives us about $4800 usd

Most people don’t even got $500 to spare. Stamp collecting is out of reach of majority of Americans too forget just on Neopets

Smh those 1.5bil stamps gonna cost you $750 lmao

I feel like Neopets current state is a great parallel to our current society, hard for people to make money, save up etc etc
    That is crazy. And in that aspect, Neopets's current state IS what our current society is, because it shows how the rich manipulate the market and everything the government does only suppresses the middle class and lower. I think neo is a little worse since it was left unattended for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    Hmm, I hope this comes off correctly, because this list and all the work you've done to compile it is wonderful, but how would this reach TNT?

The general public makes us out to be the devil, so I'm not sure they'd be keen to accept any ideas from us, especially in this scale.
    I think that as much as the general public, r/neo and neocord makes us to be the devil, it still doesn't shy away from the public's views. I do believe that TNT has people who check up on here regularly to see if there's anything neo-related. Not sure if TNT has the manpower to do so, but I believe from time to time they might come in. Hey, if we could give them an easy all-in-one easy-to-access solution for all the retired items in one thread which they could just look through, I'd be more than happy to do it.

Source: I had a friend who worked in a game company in Korea quite some years ago. In the community management dept, there were people who would infiltrate and scour known black market facebook groups and communities (not to ban them directly, but to see the pattern of trading and try to work out a solution).

Quote Originally Posted by Fiore View Post
    ATTN TNT:

Make use of the mod accounts on site where you used to auction rare stamps/retired Hidden Tower items (illusen and dr_sloth are a couple of them). You can do this once a month or on special occasions. I'm not sure why this was stopped but it would be nice to get some rare items back out there especially if you don't want to just give them away freely, although that would be nice too!

Quote Originally Posted by Demetri View Post
    BD Weapons? Plot prizes etc. etc. I don't think it'll be as vast as stamps, but that's the first one that came to mind with retired items
    Quote Originally Posted by alterian View Post
    This is a super interesting thread! It's kind of depressing how many of these comically expensive items are/were easily obtainable at one point, and could easily be re-released in the same way! a stamp given out for FREE 20 years ago going for millions and millions is ridiculous. Still, I LOVE history of old site events+items like this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    Wow this is really depressing to see how much is out of reach...just for stamps.

I'd be interested in books. The normal book award and booktastic seem impossible.

And seconding gourmets!
    Retired food/gourmets, then BD weapons, and thereafter Books sounds like a good order!

Thanks for the interest in this thread. I, myself, was really curious about many items. Considering I was really young when many of those things came out, I hardly had a clue even when I was playing at that time.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    I added up all the prices of the main big stamp albums (I excluded stamps 999,999 and under because whatever)

9.615 billion np

If 1 mill is .5 USD, 1 bill is $500. Times 9.6 gives us about $4800 usd

Most people don’t even got $500 to spare. Stamp collecting is out of reach of majority of Americans too forget just on Neopets

Smh those 1.5bil stamps gonna cost you $750 lmao

I feel like Neopets current state is a great parallel to our current society, hard for people to make money, save up etc etc
    Yea this one's a little crazy.

I was trying to get a Flaming Evil Coconut the other day for about $100-125 USD (at JN pricing of 250m) which I felt was kinda pricey but still okay for a stamp album since the design is really nice and I had some money leftover at the end of the month.

I found out that the item got inflated to 600m (which is understandable considering the amount available in the game and how long it has been), which was essentially $250 ~ $300 USD for one, which is kinda... crazy and stupid for just an avatar in a game where my account could be frozen or the game could die...? Hahahaha.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    56d 4h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Retired Gourmet Food

These were originally awarded a point for the Gourmet Club. If your pet ate the food before it was retired, you received the point. Eating these now retired foods award no points for Gourmet Club!

Tropical Foods
    Every year on Gadgadsbogen some Tropical Foods get retired and replaced with others.

-->Blairnut - Originally r99.
    -->Combomelon Plant - Originally r90.
    -->MechaBerries - Originally r99. Very popular Cooking Pot ingredient that was used to make other items (Mec Mec Grub, Mechabread and Mechadonut).
    -->Minty Shrimp - Originally r91.
    -->Purple Sardplant - Originally r99.
    -->Spironut - Originally r99.
    -->Thistleberry Fruit Salad - Originally r97
    -->Whomp Berries - Originally r99.

Misc Foods
    Used to restock at various shops across Neopia.

-->Asparagus and Butter Hot Dog - Originally r98. Retired Hubert's Hotdog.
    -->Hot Dog Sundae - Originally r99. Retired Hubert's Hotdog.
    -->Puntec Pie - Originally r97. Retired Baked Food.
    -->Spooky Jelly Brains - Originally r95. Retired Spooky Food.
    -->Swill Pudding - Originally r95. Retired Gross Food.

Special Cases
    These retired Gourmet foods have an unusual history behind them!

-->Crystal Pop - Originally r96. Retired Snow food and originally called "Crystal One Soda".
    -->Globlin - Originally r99. Retired Tombola prize!
    -->Seasonal Pudding - Originally r98. Was given out by the Advent Calendar.

There are some foods that had ambiguous rarity that I couldn't really find any info on like the Black Currant Gummy Kiko and Snowberries just to name a couple. But if I find anything I'll change the list!

*Searching for all Gourmet Club foods yields a Jellyneo search of 1,418 foods as of right now!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiore View Post
    Retired Gourmet Food

These were originally awarded a point for the Gourmet Club. If your pet ate the food before it was retired, you received the point. Eating these now retired foods award no points for Gourmet Club!

Tropical Foods
    Every year on Gadgadsbogen some Tropical Foods get retired and replaced with others.

-->Blairnut - Originally r99.
    -->Combomelon Plant - Originally r90.
    -->MechaBerries - Originally r99. Very popular Cooking Pot ingredient that was used to make other items (Mec Mec Grub, Mechabread and Mechadonut).
    -->Minty Shrimp - Originally r91.
    -->Purple Sardplant - Originally r99.
    -->Spironut - Originally r99.
    -->Thistleberry Fruit Salad - Originally r97
    -->Whomp Berries - Originally r99.

Misc Foods
    Used to restock at various shops across Neopia.

-->Asparagus and Butter Hot Dog - Originally r98. Retired Hubert's Hotdog.
    -->Hot Dog Sundae - Originally r99. Retired Hubert's Hotdog.
    -->Puntec Pie - Originally r97. Retired Baked Food.
    -->Spooky Jelly Brains - Originally r95. Retired Spooky Food.
    -->Swill Pudding - Originally r95. Retired Gross Food.

Special Cases
    These retired Gourmet foods have an unusual history behind them!

-->Crystal Pop - Originally r96. Retired Snow food and originally called "Crystal One Soda".
    -->Globlin - Originally r99. Retired Tombola prize!
    -->Seasonal Pudding - Originally r98. Was given out by the Advent Calendar.

There are some foods that had ambiguous rarity that I couldn't really find any info on like the Black Currant Gummy Kiko and Snowberries just to name a couple. But if I find anything I'll change the list!

*Searching for all Gourmet Club foods yields a Jellyneo search of 1,418 foods as of right now!
    Thank you for that!

I searched Gourmet Food and checked for r101 ~ r180 and it yielded no results.
    I also was about to do food and found that there were too many r101 ~ r180 food to be doing in one sitting so I decided to move on the BD weapons first.

But what you posted will definitely help in my list when I move on to food!!

Such an interesting history behind certain items

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    56d 4h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown View Post
    Thank you for that!

I searched Gourmet Food and checked for r101 ~ r180 and it yielded no results.
    I also was about to do food and found that there were too many r101 ~ r180 food to be doing in one sitting so I decided to move on the BD weapons first.

But what you posted will definitely help in my list when I move on to food!!

Such an interesting history behind certain items
    No prob! I found some of the foods listed on another site and I cross-references them with Jellyneo to double check their previous rarity, if anything was listed.

It’s difficult to check for retired gourmet foods because some are just no longer available or have had their rarity changed to something other than 101 or 180. I had to search up items from that list one by one. For example if you look up Swill Pudding, it will be r180 but it’ll have a footnote that it was previously r95 on Jellyneo.

There were supposedly items like Oreo cookies and goldfish crackers that were gourmet but Neo changed the name, image and rarity of those items. Those items were for promotion, and available within a very short timeframe. I’ll do a little bit more research when I have time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiore For This Useful Post:

Unown (01-12-2023)