DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 10h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    I work in Finance! I'm the head of a team in the Business Finance department. My team's job is to own all the analytics around revenue and costs of good sold, profitability by product, stuff like that. It sounds dry but my job is really fast-paced and requires a ton of critical thinking within ambiguous conditions / being very assertive so I don't get bored.

most notable thing about my job is that I have no formal financial education, I was an English major. I started off as a front-line document processor at my company, worked my way up to the head of the production department I started in, then asked to join the strategic finance team when it was getting built out. Transferred over as a front-line analyst, worked my way back up to senior manager. One of the compliments I'm most proud of receiving was my old boss commenting that I have the most raw natural horsepower for analytics he's ever seen and that it lets me run circles around my MBA co-workers, finance degree or no.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (01-05-2023),mixednuts (01-11-2023),phantasia (01-05-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    I work in Finance! I'm the head of a team in the Business Finance department. My team's job is to own all the analytics around revenue and costs of good sold, profitability by product, stuff like that. It sounds dry but my job is really fast-paced and requires a ton of critical thinking within ambiguous conditions / being very assertive so I don't get bored.

most notable thing about my job is that I have no formal financial education, I was an English major. I started off as a front-line document processor at my company, worked my way up to the head of the production department I started in, then asked to join the strategic finance team when it was getting built out. Transferred over as a front-line analyst, worked my way back up to senior manager. One of the compliments I'm most proud of receiving was my old boss commenting that I have the most raw natural horsepower for analytics he's ever seen and that it lets me run circles around my MBA co-workers, finance degree or no.
    I absolutely love task where critical thinking is needed, that's why I wanted to become an engineer.
    Also, I've always thinked that people don't need to have a deree to achieve great things. There are a lot of very successfull people without a degree. I think that sometimes when you get a degree you're kind of excluding yourself from another fields.
    I want to congratulate you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyranitar For This Useful Post:

Alister (01-05-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    708 times
    Time Online
    83d 15h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Early childhood education is both my career and what I’m currently studying as well! It’s difficult at times but rewarding.

I may play on becoming an elementary school teacher down the road, but I am not sure yet. For now, I’m content with early childhood so infant, toddler, preschool and kinder age.

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Danny Phantom (01-05-2023),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (01-05-2023),Menine (01-10-2023),mixednuts (01-11-2023),Zenitsu (01-05-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    Early childhood education is both my career and what I’m currently studying as well! It’s difficult at times but rewarding.

I may play on becoming an elementary school teacher down the road, but I am not sure yet. For now, I’m content with early childhood so infant, toddler, preschool and kinder age.
    I actually thought you were a photographer! Because of your Camara Roll & Cooking Roll.
    So do you actually like tiny people? I think I prefer them to be 12+ years old, isn't it difficult to have the control of things when they're so young?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyranitar For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (01-05-2023),mixednuts (01-11-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    708 times
    Time Online
    83d 15h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post
    I actually thought you were a photographer! Because of your Camara Roll & Cooking Roll.
    So do you actually like tiny people? I think I prefer them to be 12+ years old, isn't it difficult to have the control of things when they're so young?
    Haha, yes! I do like working with the tiny humans! And they take quite a liking to me.

So a quick backstory: I grew up with a young, single mother and I started going to child care around 12 months of age. I stayed in child care until I aged out, which is typically 6 years old at most centres in my country (as children are in elementary school full time by that age). I knew how to read by age 4. I would read to other children. I was told I was a smart, confident, headstrong child and excelled in my fine motor, literacy, cognitive, and emotional skills. All of which I learned from my educators while being in childcare.

I know that there are many children who do not always get a great start to early learning from their parents in their homes. I know that for some children, going to child care is the best part of their day. Why not make their early experiences a bit better and make things the best I can so I can do my best to help set them up for early success? Watching them learn and grow and develop so many skills that will stay with them across their lives, is just really special to me! That’s why I love it. I do not have children of my own, and I am unsure if I want children of my own. Part of that is because I feel the world is heavily overpopulated and our planet cannot keep up, and there are already a lot of children out there who need or deserve better homes. I would rather help shape the children that are already here and have that be my legacy in life, than to have my own children I gave birth to. Children deserve to be treated with respect and kindness and too many parents and adults do not give children the credit or autonomy they deserve. When children are given developmentally appropriate experiences, choices and responsibilities, they thrive and they also build a better relationship with the adult who supports them in that way. That’s why I work so well with children. I treat them as an actual human being and not a “dumb little kid who doesn’t know anything” as many adults do. Younger children are actually easier to handle in my opinion, than children that are older. There’s many reasons for it, some of them developmentally based. Children at that age are inquisitive and want to help and learn. They want to be involved and it is easy to have them be involved by teaching them how to approach different situations and life skills. Older children just.. often give attitude and have learned various social things that can make it harder to manage/deal with. Early childhood behaviours are much easier to manage becaus their brains are more plastic than older children, so it’s easier for them to relearn a desired behaviour versus an undesirable one.

So, when people ask if I have children and I am at work, I always gesture to the children I am with and I say, “these are all of my children right here”. 🖤
    Last edited by Cinnamoroll; 01-05-2023 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Added a point I forgot to address

Art Credits:

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Danny Phantom (01-05-2023),DarkSkies (01-06-2023),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (01-05-2023),mixednuts (01-11-2023),Tyranitar (01-05-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    Haha, yes! I do like working with the tiny humans! And they take quite a liking to me.

So a quick backstory: I grew up with a young, single mother and I started going to child care around 12 months of age. I stayed in child care until I aged out, which is typically 6 years old at most centres in my country (as children are in elementary school full time by that age). I knew how to read by age 4. I would read to other children. I was told I was a smart, confident, headstrong child and excelled in my fine motor, literacy, cognitive, and emotional skills. All of which I learned from my educators while being in childcare.

I know that there are many children who do not always get a great start to early learning from their parents in their homes. I know that for some children, going to child care is the best part of their day. Why not make their early experiences a bit better and make things the best I can so I can do my best to help set them up for early success? Watching them learn and grow and develop so many skills that will stay with them across their lives, is just really special to me! That’s why I love it. I do not have children of my own, and I am unsure if I want children of my own. Part of that is because I feel the world is heavily overpopulated and our planet cannot keep up, and there are already a lot of children out there who need or deserve better homes. I would rather help shape the children that are already here and have that be my legacy in life, than to have my own children I gave birth to. Children deserve to be treated with respect and kindness and too many parents and adults do not give children the credit or autonomy they deserve. When children are given developmentally appropriate experiences, choices and responsibilities, they thrive and they also build a better relationship with the adult who supports them in that way. That’s why I work so well with children. I treat them as an actual human being and not a “dumb little kid who doesn’t know anything” as many adults do. Younger children are actually easier to handle in my opinion, than children that are older. There’s many reasons for it, some of them developmentally based. Children at that age are inquisitive and want to help and learn. They want to be involved and it is easy to have them be involved by teaching them how to approach different situations and life skills. Older children just.. often give attitude and have learned various social things that can make it harder to manage/deal with. Early childhood behaviours are much easier to manage becaus their brains are more plastic than older children, so it’s easier for them to relearn a desired behaviour versus an undesirable one.

So, when people ask if I have children and I am at work, I always gesture to the children I am with and I say, “these are all of my children right here”. 🖤
    Wow Cinna!
    I absolutely remember my kinder garden teacher, so I bet a lot of your childrens love you the way I do love my kinder teacher.
    I think that age is where you Early childhood all your values so I absolutely agree with you about the specialness of seeing someone grow up and develop skills.
    My point of view about the early childhood teachers has changed, really. Thank you for sharing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyranitar For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (01-05-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    My current "real job" field is event planning and set up. I set up for weddings, movies/tv shows (mostly Outer Banks and The Rightous Gem Stones atm, no I don't get to meet the actors, they're never there and yes I do watch these shows and look for the scenes I decorated for lol), festivals, and rich people's mansion parties >.> (I hate those)

My person business field is running an ecommerce and popup retail store

Future field: I start school not this semester but next (probably way too late, I turned 33 a few months ago) I will be majoring in computer sciences and minoring in foreign language/translation (Leaning toward focusing on my Korean but I'm almost finished with German. I also really want to learn Portuguese(BR) but Spanish is spoken a lot around here so that'd be helpful too.. I'm sure I'll figure it out. I want to be a polyglot anyways so maybe I'll just take them all
    Last edited by Narkotiq; 01-05-2023 at 02:50 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Narkotiq For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (01-05-2023),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (01-05-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkotiq View Post
    My current "real job" field is event planning and set up. I set up for weddings, movies/tv shows (mostly Outer Banks and The Rightous Gem Stones atm, no I don't get to meet the actors, they're never there and yes I do watch these shows and look for the scenes I decorated for lol), festivals, and rich people's mansion parties >.> (I hate those)

My person business field is running an ecommerce and popup retail store

Future field: I start school not this semester but next (probably way too late, I turned 33 a few months ago) I will be majoring in computer sciences and minoring in foreign language/translation (Leaning toward focusing on my Korean but I'm almost finished with German. I also really want to learn Portuguese(BR) but Spanish is spoken a lot around here so that'd be helpful too.. I'm sure I'll figure it out. I want to be a polyglot anyways so maybe I'll just take them all
    Whenever you need help with spanish, I'm here!
    Are you the owner of the event planning or do you work for a company?
    That kind of job is very heavy, setting all things up and making them perfect being against the clock...
    Also, I don't get how can you be majoring something and minoring another completely different thing. How does school works? lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 16h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I currently work in the actual pits of hell. Shoveling lil coal pieces into the flames and trying to keep lil demons from falling into the lava.

I'd like to make little comics or doodles for a living but I'm too far into my nightmarescape to switch gears now as I need money and health insurance.

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chii3d For This Useful Post:

Charmander (01-08-2023),Cinnamoroll (01-05-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    708 times
    Time Online
    83d 15h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post
    Wow Cinna!
    I absolutely remember my kinder garden teacher, so I bet a lot of your childrens love you the way I do love my kinder teacher.
    I think that age is where you Early childhood all your values so I absolutely agree with you about the specialness of seeing someone grow up and develop skills.
    My point of view about the early childhood teachers has changed, really. Thank you for sharing.
    When I have children that are aging out or if a child is moving to a different centre/city, I always tell their parents and the child that there will likely come a day where the child may not remember me or who I was anymore, but they will always remember the fun we had and the skills I taught them ECE is something I have become quite passionate about, and I am always happy to share why with others. Many people do not have a developed or well-round view/idea of what ECEs do!

Art Credits: