DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,169 times
    Time Online
    558d 17h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I work in tech as a developer, but as of recently am unemployed. Trying to find something that pays the bills, provides good health insurance, but doesn't suck my soul away. I was just talking to a friend who is also job-searching about how important it is to also have stuff outside of school/career that drives you in some way, but I still want to have some degree of pickiness over what I do next, especially because right now I don't have that thing that balances shit out. Until I got sick in my early twenties, I was super passionate about outdoor adventuring, but it was never something I wanted to make a career of. Still was super painful to have to give it up. Later on, my year as a coordinator here was one of the most fulfilling things I've ever done in my life and I can only hope I'll be able to find something like that again someday. Maybe one day I'll find something that hits that right spark, there are certainly graduate programs that allow for weird and multidisciplinary approaches to technology and code, but it would definitely be a paycut and also comes with the huge risk of monetizing your hobbies taking the joy out of it.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Menine (01-10-2023),mixednuts (01-11-2023),Zenitsu (01-05-2023)