29/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    15d 1h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m

What field are you in?

Title! What kind of work do you do? What are you studying? Doesn't have to be something you're necessarily doing for a career or for university, just something you find yourself interested in

I'm currently studying applications of AI. Very fun stuff.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    87d 13h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    I am a full time photographer. I have my own studio although it is on the same property that I live on its like a seperate building.

This year (almost typed next year) I am going to study postgrad in disaster management. I already have a law degree but never went in that direction. After my law degree I did graphic design and advertising diploma and have been a photographer for 12 years.

Yeah I have a very wide intrest in many many things

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to phantasia For This Useful Post:

♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (01-05-2023),Irohh (01-05-2023),mixednuts (01-11-2023),Tyranitar (01-05-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I was in the construction field, I worked on a big project and some others not so bigs.
    I was in charge of the retaining walls for an underground parking using the shotcrete technique.
    After that, I created my own constrution firm and did a residential house and a terrace with a pool among other little projects.
    It was vey fun.

But rigth now I'm studying to become a software tester, I've studied 6 months by myself and another 2 in a bootcamp. All fun rigth now

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tyranitar For This Useful Post:

Charmander (01-05-2023),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (01-05-2023),Irohh (01-05-2023),mixednuts (01-11-2023),phantasia (01-05-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    28d 8h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I was a book seller, it is still my dream job, I am looking forward working again.
    But at the moment I am a full time mother of three, one is very care intensive, so I need to be home 24/7.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sneasel For This Useful Post:

Charmander (01-05-2023),DarkSkies (01-06-2023),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (01-05-2023),Irohh (01-05-2023),Menine (01-10-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by phantasia View Post
    I am a full time photographer. I have my own studio although it is on the same property that I live on its like a seperate building.

This year (almost typed next year) I am going to study postgrad in disaster management. I already have a law degree but never went in that direction. After my law degree I did graphic design and advertising diploma and have been a photographer for 12 years.

Are you going to study that postgrad just for fun or are you planning to quit being a photographer? Maybe both?
    What kind of photography do you do?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Carialle View Post
    I was a book seller, it is still my dream job, I am looking forward working again.
    But at the moment I am a full time mother of three, one is very care intensive, so I need to be home 24/7.
    Being a mother is such a big job, what's the age of your three?
    Also, bookseller, wow. Do you read a lot?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    87d 13h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    @(you need an account to see links) I want to do the course so I can have a other option rather than photogrphy in the future. I am really stuggling to stay on top with all the social media and new photographers are popping up everyday.

I actually specialize in event photography (so not in studio at all) then I do families, couples, portraits, newborns. Basically everything. I dont do bodoir. Not really into that kind of thing. and I dont really do landscape or wildlife, more people.

I feel like I am hussling 24/7 and not getting where I want to be so maybe its time to have a stable income.. it would really be nice.. and disaster management looks so intresting

Here is some of my photos
    Last edited by phantasia; 01-05-2023 at 07:42 AM.

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    @(you need an account to see links) I want to do the course so I can have a other option rather than photogrphy in the future. I am really stuggling to stay on top with all the social media and new photographers are popping up everyday.

I actually specialize in event photography (so not in studio at all) then I do families, couples, portraits, newborns. Basically everything. I dont do bodoir. Not really into that kind of thing. and I dont really do landscape or wildlife, more people.

I feel like I am hussling 24/7 and not getting where I want to be so maybe its time to have a stable income.. it would really be nice.. and disaster management looks so intresting
    Oh nice! I have a lot of friends that do event photography!
    I also don't like them to do bodoir, but it is because a lot of them do it for the likes rather than the passion.

You can also try UX/UI design. For my understanding, is web/app design. You design the user experience and suer interface of the actual apps.
    At least in Mexico is a very good career because software (and related) pays a lot. And given your backgrounds, I think you'll do good.
    Some friends of mine that are architects are changing they career to that one.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyranitar For This Useful Post:

phantasia (01-05-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m

I worked in marketing and did photography as a freelance side business.

This year, I decided to focus on photography as a full-time. I'm wondering if you could share some tips on how to get more clients, how to continue up-skilling and offering better services/prices?

I do not do events, mainly portrait, graduation, family, friends, couples, and the like. Mostly outdoors!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

Tyranitar (01-05-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    87d 13h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown View Post
    I worked in marketing and did photography as a freelance side business.

This year, I decided to focus on photography as a full-time. I'm wondering if you could share some tips on how to get more clients, how to continue up-skilling and offering better services/prices?

I do not do events, mainly portrait, graduation, family, friends, couples, and the like. Mostly outdoors!
    The getting clients is the hard part the part that I am really struggling with. At least what I can say is that my clients do come back.
    I love creativelive. I had a subscription last year. Really help me up my skills a lot. This year I took a subscription with Kelly Brown because I want to work on my newborn photography.
    Making an effort to watch training videos every day is a good start.

I am trying to get my instagram and facebook up. I have 2000/5000 followers and for a photographer business that has been in business for 12 years it feels way below parr.
    Since you worked in marketing maybe you should just apply those skills in your photography, i find that photographers that are good in marketing does so much better than those just good in photography

15. The Following User Says Thank You to phantasia For This Useful Post:

Unown (01-05-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Freelance, depends what someone wants, I mostly do writing jobs. But there's a few other things I do that rarely get chosen

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata