Mentioned
    379 times
    Time Online
    88d 20h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m

Exam stress

Hi Everyone

So last week I was writing exams and not I am freaking out, bone fo the exams marks are out.
    Like I keep checking the website if any marks are out even though I should be consintrating on the next assignments that are already due this week!

So how do you guys deal with exam stress how do you feel after?
    What is the longest you had to wait for results?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    One thing I always try to remind myself in general, but specially when it comes to exams and uni stuff, is that there's plenty of exams, tests, finals, you name it, that I've taken in the past and while they were important to me in that particular moment and I put all my energy into them, they don't really impact my life in the long run and grand scheme of things.

Like, try to think of every exam you've taken in your life and you won't remember 98% of them. Keep that in mind and remember to not get too much in your own head!

there i was, with my butterfly net
    trying to catch your light

(you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    379 times
    Time Online
    88d 20h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Seohyun View Post
    One thing I always try to remind myself in general, but specially when it comes to exams and uni stuff, is that there's plenty of exams, tests, finals, you name it, that I've taken in the past and while they were important to me in that particular moment and I put all my energy into them, they don't really impact my life in the long run and grand scheme of things.

Like, try to think of every exam you've taken in your life and you won't remember 98% of them. Keep that in mind and remember to not get too much in your own head!
    I never thought of it that way and you are completely correct. Most exams I can't even remember when I think back on it.
    We still have not received any results at least this semester will give me an indication of what to expect next semester. I think knowing when something will happen and reducing uncertainty as fas as possible really minimizes my stress levels.
    I am one of those weird people that go to look where and how the exam centre looks like a day or two before I write so I don't stress about where the place is on the day

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I always had a bit of a meh attitude about it. You prep for the exam as best as you can. After you’re done with it, you’ve hopefully done everything that you can. Generally I feel like you have a pretty good idea as far as how you did after the exam is done. Either you went through it and felt very confident in how you performed or you were a little scared with how unprepared you were.

When grades come out, I did the bandaid treatment. I didn’t like hyping it up and making it a big deal because you can’t control it at that point. Stressing things that are out of your control leads to even more stress. When they are out, open up the grades, take a peek and see how it went. If it went poorly, well shit, next time you better study harder. If you aced it, well done and keep doing what you’re doing. Maybe that’s too black and white of a view, but it always helped me.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

5. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

phantasia (06-14-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    I just finished off my degrees but my academic anxiety is notoriously bad, I definitely understand getting stressed out about exams. @(you need an account to see links) already hit the nail on the head as far as what mindset will help you get through. Once it's over, it's over. When you worry you suffer twice and all that. I hope things went well, and remember to be kind to yourself no matter what mark you receive!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    379 times
    Time Online
    88d 20h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    THank you everyone

So the results came out and I did really really well. All distinctions.
    At least now I know what to expect in the future and how long the wait will be. Uncertainty is my worst enemy.
    Yeah I have to learn to do what I can and let go.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phantasia For This Useful Post:

Crooked (06-16-2023),DarkSkies (06-16-2023),Lyrichord (06-16-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    13d 2h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Congrats on the distinctions! Exams are always a high-pressure environment which isn't really healthy.
    I used to always try to sit on the front on the room so I couldn't see other people and get distracted etc. unless you get set seats.
    Don't talk to other classmates after the exam! If their answers are different to yours it will just stress you out more.
    Make sure to get proper sleep before and after your exams. Don't cram the night before.
    Are you under pressure to get top results? Or just want to do your best?

Neopets + GC player, collector, fanatic.
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for the amazing userbars
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for vector art

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinderella For This Useful Post:

phantasia (06-16-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    379 times
    Time Online
    88d 20h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    @(you need an account to see links)

Thank you
    I actually just want to do my best but if I want to do my masters to get funding I will need to do really well. On the one side I want to do really well. So I think I am creating my own pressure if that makes any sense
    I ended up just going to write in the dicibility centre. I have dislexia and Type1 diabetis so if I get a low I can eat when I write there and they also print the paper bigger for me. Not that I can't see. The exam centre prints them 2 up so its really small and then the letters like zoom together for me. If that makes since.
    So writing there actually mean I don't see any of my class mates so in some way its a really good thing. At first I did not want to write there and I wrote the first exam with them and it was just really bad for my anxiety even though the invigilator was made aware that I might need to eat.
    I think I will just arrange with the centre that I write there again. it was also far better when they printed out the paper normally. Not 2 up

12. The Following User Says Thank You to phantasia For This Useful Post:

Cinderella (06-16-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    379 times
    Time Online
    88d 20h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    I finally got my results back.
    I am so so happy!
    Ye I was worried about nothing. I did really, really well. Far exceeding my own expectations.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phantasia For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (06-21-2023),Lyrichord (06-23-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    417 times
    Time Online
    84d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by phantasia View Post
    I finally got my results back.
    I am so so happy!
    Ye I was worried about nothing. I did really, really well. Far exceeding my own expectations.
    Congratulations on that, I've been reading your going through and I'm glad you're better now! It really seems your putting enough effort so enjoy the rewards

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3