DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    78 times
    Time Online
    19d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m

TBH I want to read a book a month at the minimum. Attainable goal. Depression took my love of books away and I want to try to fight to take it back. Romance, horror, slice of life, you name it, I want to just read again.

you have bugs in your code? sounds yummy.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lizerd For This Useful Post:

howdy (01-10-2023),Menine (01-21-2023),radius (01-19-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    15d 11h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I have such a long list of books to read that I just can't get the motivation to read. then of course I found a book from 1946 at an antique store called "a skeptic discovers mormonism" and of course I was way too curious and i've read most of it now. It's very unhinged. I can't wait to get out of this mormonism hyperfocus wormhole it's melting my brain. Esp because this book

anyway so my goal is to actually read the non-brain melting stuff on my list. even just a few hours a week would be a win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lizerd View Post

TBH I want to read a book a month at the minimum. Attainable goal. Depression took my love of books away and I want to try to fight to take it back. Romance, horror, slice of life, you name it, I want to just read again.
    🔗(you need an account to see links)

💖 meme inspo : Dita and Cat Purrson 💖
    orig. + more memes in (you need an account to see links)
    🌵 Cactus Ryu : Great White North🌵

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 20h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 44m
    I am so excited to read back through this read and find some good new recs. Up until recently my health was out of whack and i wasn't unable to concentrate long enough to be able to really get through an entire book. Now with some adjustments im back on track and recently finished the ACOTAR series and loved it! The books were easy to read and the story had me in a chokehold. So after that i went and grabbed a kindle to start making some downloads and try out some other series.

My main goal is to just simply finish a book per month while also reading at least 15-20 mins a day to keep things moving.
    I've been mainly lurking in the Fantasy and Horror genres when finding new things to give a go.

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

kittyray (01-19-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    69d 6h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post
    I am so excited to read back through this read and find some good new recs. Up until recently my health was out of whack and i wasn't unable to concentrate long enough to be able to really get through an entire book. Now with some adjustments im back on track and recently finished the ACOTAR series and loved it! The books were easy to read and the story had me in a chokehold. So after that i went and grabbed a kindle to start making some downloads and try out some other series.

My main goal is to just simply finish a book per month while also reading at least 15-20 mins a day to keep things moving.
    I've been mainly lurking in the Fantasy and Horror genres when finding new things to give a go.
    If you haven't read the Throne of Glass series by SJM too you definitely should! In my opinion, it's better than ACOTAR. The beginning is a bit rough (but I thought ACOTAR was too), but it was her first series and she started it when she was a teenager.
    I enjoyed These Hollow Vows similarly to ACOTAR, so if you'd like something by a different author with a similar feel, I'd pick that up!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to radius For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 20h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 44m
    Quote Originally Posted by radius View Post
    If you haven't read the Throne of Glass series by SJM too you definitely should! In my opinion, it's better than ACOTAR. The beginning is a bit rough (but I thought ACOTAR was too), but it was her first series and she started it when she was a teenager.
    I enjoyed These Hollow Vows similarly to ACOTAR, so if you'd like something by a different author with a similar feel, I'd pick that up!
    I haven't read Throne of Glass yet but have heard nothing but really good things! Really excited to check it out if you re saying its better than ACOTAR. Ugh, ok i know totally what you mean about the beginning being rough. So that shouldn't be much of an issue!

Oh wow, ok totally just looked up These Hollow Vows and honestly that is like.. right up my alley haha! I might have to start that this weekend, so thank you a ton for the recommendations!

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

radius (01-19-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 40m
    At this point of my adult life I feel like my goal is to read just one book in the year laksjdlkfj I'm so bad at sitting down and reading when there's so many shows to binge (which also lets me do something with my hands too) heh

Right now I'm hoping to start and finish Gideon the Ninth cause my friend lent me her hardcopy! It stares at me from my shelf and it's been a couple months already lmao

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    I was so busy last year that my time to entertainment was very little, and I was mostly using my free time to watch anime. Ended the year with burnout and anxiety, but at least the animes were fun.

I want to be an avid reader again and read, at least, one book (not academic or work related. Those I've been reading a lot) per month. Not much, but def more than what I am doing now 🙃

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    5d 4h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I barely read anything that wasn't for work last year, so this year I set the goal of a book a month. Last month was great, read my book, really enjoyed it. This month I'm trying to read ACOTAR and it's just.. I'm stuck. I never feel like reading and I can't tell if it's the book or the depression. Maybe a bit of both.

Anyway I love fantasy (especially clean fantasy but I can deal with smut if needed be), adventure and horror most. Really enjoy Jason Pargin's John Dies at the End series as well.