Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mind sharing something that you're proud of?

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    I'm proud because I managed to open myself to someone and, last month, I started a serious relationship with him after 5 years without even trusting anyone.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Menine For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (01-03-2023),Charmander (01-04-2023),cuddlypanda (01-04-2023),Erik. (01-04-2023),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (01-03-2023),kittyray (01-03-2023),Lyrichord (01-03-2023),Nattiee (01-03-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 1h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Purrson View Post
    I'm proud of the fact that I quit smoking cigarettes/vaping in July and haven't smoked since! I'd always tell myself I'd quit someday, so I never thought I'd see the day that I'd actually do it. I had been smoking for 15 years and it feels amazing to not have my life be controlled by it any longer. I urge anyone struggling to quit to just stick with it. I hope someday you find the motivation to quit as well and if you are trying, I'm proud of you!
    That is such a big thing! Im super proud of you for that! That is so tough to kick.
    I dont smoke, but I have a friend who does and I feel so bad because he's tried so many time to quit, but just couldn't.
    So being able to quit something like that is amazing! Im happy to hear you're doing so well with it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Menine View Post
    I'm proud because I managed to open myself to someone and, last month, I started a serious relationship with him after 5 years without even trusting anyone.
    Oh, that is so wonderful! Oh my word, that's lovely!
    Its wonderful to hear that you two took that step and how you were able to open up!
    I big congratulations!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (01-03-2023),Menine (01-04-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Holy crap
    That is 100% what I do. I want to be there for others and I always am, but I never really put myself first when I need it. I always feel that Im bothering people or even that I may be talking to much.
    Its why during our game nights, I wanted to get into the conversations, but I felt as if I was being pushed down? So I did my best to try and speak up to join in the fun.
    But if I want to be a better friend for people, I really do need to work on myself lol

So that will be a goal of mine this year! I want to be proud of who I am and who I've become over the years!
    This way I can truly show my appreciation to all of you as well

I want to be a proud Bulbabro to everyone!
    Aw I’m sorry you felt that way! We want everyone to always feel welcome and hope you continue to make it out to game night when you’re available. We loved having you! I actually still feel like this in a lot of situations where I’m very soft spoken because I feel like people don’t care to hear what I have to say or talk over me. Slowly finding my voice and I hope you do too we can work on it together.

@(you need an account to see links) - What a huge accomplishment. Do you feel like you can smell/breathe better since you’ve stopped? Was there anything that finally made you call it quits?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Menine View Post
    That’s amazing! Trust is so hard to build and for someone to be able to slowly chip away at those walls is such a testament to them and you. I hope you two make some great memories with each other

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-04-2023),Cat Purrson (01-04-2023),Menine (01-04-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    83d 20h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    @(you need an account to see links) the thing is, if you never talk, you’ll never know. Just jump in and join in! If you have the mindset of you’re always bothering people by talking to them, then you’re really just limiting yourself. Also, some of us are naturally loud mouths, like have you ever seen my big fat Greek wedding? And they’re all talking so loud all at the same time? Yeah, that’s how many of us at clraik are. One big, loud family you just gotta add your voice in! Don’t be shy, be yourself and just talk away! No one will judge you or think you’re bothering them

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 1h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    Aw I’m sorry you felt that way! We want everyone to always feel welcome and hope you continue to make it out to game night when you’re available. We loved having you! I actually still feel like this in a lot of situations where I’m very soft spoken because I feel like people don’t care to hear what I have to say or talk over me. Slowly finding my voice and I hope you do too we can work on it together.

@(you need an account to see links) - What a huge accomplishment. Do you feel like you can smell/breathe better since you’ve stopped? Was there anything that finally made you call it quits?

- - - Updated - - -

That’s amazing! Trust is so hard to build and for someone to be able to slowly chip away at those walls is such a testament to them and you. I hope you two make some great memories with each other
    Oh, I 100% want to come to more Game Nights!
    I just missed the AC one because of my health ): I was pretty upset with myself because I REALLY wanted to join it!
    But I would honestly be up to work on that! I always feel that Im to shy/soft when it comes to discord, but I would do want to share in some fun when I can. I just dont want to bother anyone is all

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) the thing is, if you never talk, you’ll never know. Just jump in and join in! If you have the mindset of you’re always bothering people by talking to them, then you’re really just limiting yourself. Also, some of us are naturally loud mouths, like have you ever seen my big fat Greek wedding? And they’re all talking so loud all at the same time? Yeah, that’s how many of us at clraik are. One big, loud family you just gotta add your voice in! Don’t be shy, be yourself and just talk away! No one will judge you or think you’re bothering them
    Oh, I did try and chat! But when I did, I was talked over. Then by the time it was clear to talk, the conversation was on to something different lol
    Now, in my Wotlk guild/discord, I feel more able to chat because I think most of the people in my guild are a little more quiet is all lol

So its just getting use to different people is all!
    But that's something to work on for myself as well.

Which is why Im excited for the next game night! I want to join in the fun again.
    I was pretty proud of myself the first time as my anxiety was shooting through the roof, but everyone made it feel super comfortable to be there! Its why I want to join in the fun again

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Nattiee (01-04-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    83d 20h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Oh, I 100% want to come to more Game Nights!
    I just missed the AC one because of my health ): I was pretty upset with myself because I REALLY wanted to join it!
    But I would honestly be up to work on that! I always feel that Im to shy/soft when it comes to discord, but I would do want to share in some fun when I can. I just dont want to bother anyone is all

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I did try and chat! But when I did, I was talked over. Then by the time it was clear to talk, the conversation was on to something different lol
    Now, in my Wotlk guild/discord, I feel more able to chat because I think most of the people in my guild are a little more quiet is all lol

So its just getting use to different people is all!
    But that's something to work on for myself as well.

Which is why Im excited for the next game night! I want to join in the fun again.
    I was pretty proud of myself the first time as my anxiety was shooting through the roof, but everyone made it feel super comfortable to be there! Its why I want to join in the fun again
    Unfortunately that happens sometimes, as connections lag and yeah then you got a few talking at the same time. From doing many work meetings on Teams, it’s something I’ve gotten used to. The connection at work is brutal oh don’t get me started. So it isn’t intentional, it’s how voice calls go sometimes 😅

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-04-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 1h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    Unfortunately that happens sometimes, as connections lag and yeah then you got a few talking at the same time. From doing many work meetings on Teams, it’s something I’ve gotten used to. The connection at work is brutal oh don’t get me started. So it isn’t intentional, it’s how voice calls go sometimes 😅
    Oh, my word! I 100% know what you mean!
    It wasn't a jab at anyone though, as it is SO fun to be able to chat and talk with everyone here! Everyone is a ton of fun and I cant wait till the next Game Night!
    Hell, or even a night if people just wanted to chill and hang out lol

Like, honestly, I enjoy talking to most people here as everyone is such a blast

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (01-04-2023),Nattiee (01-04-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    56d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I was in a friend group in highschool that was extremely competitive (gaming) and 10/12 of them were male.

I didn't really play any PC games until I was 18, so I didn't really mesh with them about games other than Pokemon or tabletop/MTG - and they often made jabs about how me and the other girl aren't good at games.
    I used to laugh and I told them I bet I'm better than them at this game they were all obsessed with.

They laughed and would continue to jab at me and other girl all the time, honestly so much I'm not sure why I kept hanging out with them - literally the bane of my high school existance was my own friend group

Anyways, fast forward a year later I start playing their game on my boyfriends PC. I'm absolutely awful at it, it's my first PC game what do you expect lmao!
    The jabbing continues...

Fast forward another year, I've fallen in love with this game - I've surpassed them all in rank - I've succeeded in being better than them
    They finally give in except the 'ringleader' who tells me it doesn't matter, they're all bad at the game anyways.

SO I tell him I'm going to go pro in the game.
    They all laugh, of course.

Last year in July I made a very measly 1000 dollars cash prize from a professional tournament for this game.

I went pro in the game.

I don't talk to any of them anymore, but FUCK it feels good to this day.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cherub For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-04-2023),Cinnamoroll (01-04-2023),Nattiee (01-04-2023)

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    Oh, that is so wonderful! Oh my word, that's lovely!
    Its wonderful to hear that you two took that step and how you were able to open up!
    I big congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post

Thank you =^•^=
    It's still in the very beggining, but I'm already happy for the past months we spent together as friends and, now, as bf/gf. Even if it don't work out in the future, I'm glad for being sincere with my own feelings, which I usually hide. I am pretty happy right now!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Menine For This Useful Post:

Nattiee (01-04-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    104 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I'm proud of myself because I changed my career successfully!
    I was a civil engineer working in the construction field, but I have always liked software stuff and I was very curious about it.
    So long story short, I moved to another city where I don't know anybody and I didn't want to start over in the construction field, so I started studying to start in the software area and finally after like 6 months, I'm in training for a good latin america software company!!!

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tyranitar For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-04-2023),kittyray (01-04-2023),Menine (01-04-2023),Nattiee (01-04-2023),phantasia (01-04-2023)