Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mind sharing something that you're proud of?

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I'm proud of how I am able to stick to my values.
    I lost a job last year, and when I look back at the reasons I was given for my firing, I realize I would never be happy in that place. I could never be the person they wanted there, and I'm proud I stood by my values and beliefs even when it meant losing a job/source of income.
    I can't elaborate more on the issue, so you'll have to take my word for it, but my core values are something I'm very proud of. Thanks for this thread, it was good to have a moment to think about what makes me proud, and to realize it was such a personal thing. It's a 100% me, and I love it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to biowitch For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-03-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Hmm, I’m proud of how far I’ve come in my career. Was a rough start with school, took the long way here - but I’ve advanced from an entry level, basic position - to having two senior level positions concurrently.

Im also very proud of my daughter who was born today at 10am. Playing around on my phone while she (finally) snoozes for a little bit this evening!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-03-2023),Menine (01-04-2023),Narkotiq (01-03-2023),Nattiee (01-03-2023),Sephora (01-03-2023)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 14h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m
    It's honestly a work in process, but has been on the positive side as of late, but I'm proud of myself for starting to save money and improve on my spending habits. I usually spend money on things I don't need before my rent or something, but I've been straight yelling at myself to stop.

Now my checks are starting to go into my savings in case I ever need to tap into it for my mother's or cat's health, so I'm really happy about that.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-03-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    @(you need an account to see links) - This is such a great thread. Thank you Your Christmas dinner sounds like a success! What did you make?

First off, I'm proud of all you folks in the community.

@(you need an account to see links) - I'm so happy for you for speaking up and advocating for yourself and those who aren't brave enough to do so for themselves. The universe will provide exactly what's meant for you. I hope that role comes along soon because you are very deserving.

@(you need an account to see links) - Congratulations on becoming a healthier version of yourself. 100lbs is absolutely unreal!

@(you need an account to see links) - YAAS. I LOVE this for you!! It sounds like you've found your calling in Law. Canada's own Harvey Spector in the making ^_^

@(you need an account to see links) - Breaking a habit is absolutely something to be proud of AND you have glorious looking nails to boot! Habits are super hard to break, especially when it's been ongoing for years. Congratulations dear

@(you need an account to see links) - Congratulations on the bébé!

@(you need an account to see links) - Budgeting can be so difficult, I'm happy for you that you were able to find a flow that works for you and you're feeling more stable financially <3

As for me, I've also had a hell of a year.. I've been taking inventory of everything that happened the last couple weeks and I am very thankful to be there I am today because of my resilience. I'm also thankful that going through everything I have/seeing what I have did not turn me into a cold hearted person (I was cold hearted before mwuahaha jk kinda not really).

I'm also proud of the strides I've made with my mental health. I've started prioritizing myself, my boundaries and my peace and it's been incredible.

Also, side note for those reading these amazing posts and feeling not so great about themselves or feel like they haven't done anything that is deserving of being proud - please give yourself some grace. Life isn't a cake walk, and sometimes it takes all your energy just to get through the day. If you've managed to make it through the day, no matter how broken/bruised, that is something you should be proud of because it can take A LOT just to get out of bed.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Buizel (01-03-2023),Bulbasaur (01-03-2023),Druid (01-04-2023),I_royalty_I (01-03-2023),Synth Salazzle (01-03-2023),Teakwood (01-03-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    42d 5h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I have an interview for a job in my industry tomorrow!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wandas For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-03-2023),kittyray (01-03-2023),Nattiee (01-03-2023),Zenitsu (01-03-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 19h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Standing up for yourself is a very big and important thing! It may have cost your job, but Im so proud that you stood up for yourself and your beliefs!
    Especially since it was in an area that you wouldn't be happy in
    I hope your never area of work treats you a lot better!

A very big congratulations on your career! That takes a lot out of you, so its wonderful to hear!
    But! OH MY WORD! THAT IS SUCH BEAUTIFUL AND WONDERFUL NEWS! OMG! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!
    I cant express how truly happy I am for you!! That is so amazing!

Brittany - B-u-i-z-e-l (I cant tag for some reason)
    That is a big thing and one that I actually need to work on myself! I admit that I tend to buy things I shouldn't ...lol... but I do make sure I have enough for the important stuff. I just need to not spend money so I can actually save as well!

Putting you first is always such a giant thing and Im really proud of you for doing that!
    I admit that I dont do that for myself, but I do need to work on that... I feel so bad that I dont and it just makes me feel so crappy );

But thank you for that! Sometimes the day is such a drag and it is hard to get out of bed... but getting through the day really is a big thing for a lot of people! So thank you for those kind words

Hey! Grats!
    That's wonderful!! If its okay to ask, which industry would that be?
    Last edited by Bulbasaur; 01-03-2023 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Trying to tag

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (01-03-2023),♥ Wandas ♥ (01-03-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    42d 5h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Film and entertainment adjacent!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wandas For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-03-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    @(you need an account to see links) - goodluck tomorrow!

@(you need an account to see links) - I feel you. I’ve been like that for forever. I’m nurturing by nature but I really learned & acknowledged you can’t pour from an empty glass. In order for me to be able to fully be there for others I need to be at 100% or I’m doing a disservice to those I want to be there for. Also (I’m sure those who speak with me regularly have already heard this because I preach it constantly) sometimes you need to teach people how to treat you and if you treat yourself like shit, or if you put other people and their needs before yours constantly, you’re setting that tone for how they can treat you and your wants/needs. It’s definitely easier said than done but some of the shit in the last year really solidified this concept for me.
    You’ll get there when you’re ready until then if you ever need someone to show up for you the way you show up for others, I’ve gotchu. I’m here to give all the love and attention you need <3 maybe even a meme or two

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-03-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 19h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) - goodluck tomorrow!

@(you need an account to see links) - I feel you. I’ve been like that for forever. I’m nurturing by nature but I really learned & acknowledged you can’t pour from an empty glass. In order for me to be able to fully be there for others I need to be at 100% or I’m doing a disservice to those I want to be there for. Also (I’m sure those who speak with me regularly have already heard this because I preach it constantly) sometimes you need to teach people how to treat you and if you treat yourself like shit, or if you put other people and their needs before yours constantly, you’re setting that tone for how they can treat you and your wants/needs. It’s definitely easier said than done but some of the shit in the last year really solidified this concept for me.
    You’ll get there when you’re ready until then if you ever need someone to show up for you the way you show up for others, I’ve gotchu. I’m here to give all the love and attention you need <3 maybe even a meme or two
    Holy crap
    That is 100% what I do. I want to be there for others and I always am, but I never really put myself first when I need it. I always feel that Im bothering people or even that I may be talking to much.
    Its why during our game nights, I wanted to get into the conversations, but I felt as if I was being pushed down? So I did my best to try and speak up to join in the fun.
    But if I want to be a better friend for people, I really do need to work on myself lol

So that will be a goal of mine this year! I want to be proud of who I am and who I've become over the years!
    This way I can truly show my appreciation to all of you as well

I want to be a proud Bulbabro to everyone!

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    101d 21h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    I'm proud of the fact that I quit smoking cigarettes/vaping in July and haven't smoked since! I'd always tell myself I'd quit someday, so I never thought I'd see the day that I'd actually do it. I had been smoking for 15 years and it feels amazing to not have my life be controlled by it any longer. I urge anyone struggling to quit to just stick with it. I hope someday you find the motivation to quit as well and if you are trying, I'm proud of you!

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

j03 (01-03-2023),Nattiee (01-03-2023)