Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mind sharing something that you're proud of?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 7h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I started law school this year! I was kind of worried about it bc it's been ages since my undergrad, I had an absolutely terrible couple of years through the lockdowns and was at probably an all time low like right before this, and my physical and mental health have both been dicey for a while (mental especially, a pretty major aspect is ADHD and it's made me torture myself through all my past schooling with all nighters and stuff), but I'm like, thriving.

I qualified for a national competition in the spring (won't get too specific but lawyers gamify everything, so there are tons of these moots [fake court] and lawyering skills competitions for students), I felt like I knew how to answer everything on my first semester exams, I get involved in discussions in all my classes and all my profs know me, I wrote a paper I'm genuinely proud of, I got a 95% on something (which is CRAZY, grades are curved to a B ), I hadn't ridden a horse in 10 years but I'm riding on the equestrian team & won a class in my first show (just doing the division with tiny baby jumps, but still!)... like I can't believe how well everything is going. And there are a bunch of classmates I get along with well, but one in particular I completely click with, and studying with her all the time means we can keep each other focused so ADHD vs school has been WAY less of a nightmare than I thought it would.

It's craaaazy to think about where I was a year ago vs now. I was back and forth about doing this & only fully decided to go in mid-August, but GOD I'm glad I did.

thank you for the gay rights peo ♥ @honeycomb ♥

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

Aero (01-02-2023),kittyray (01-02-2023),Nattiee (01-03-2023),Pidgey (01-02-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkotiq View Post
    I originally started out selling video game consoles, accessories, amiibos (cards and figures) etc but during the pandemic I switched to health and beauty products since stores were closed and a lot of stuff was hard to find for some people, I got into business relations with several liquidators and wholesalers and totally revamped my business plan. It was realllly difficult at first because I was selling makeup and a bunch of stuff I didn't exactly know about or understand, so I had to study cosmetics and other beauty products to learn all the terminology and how to describe the products and explain their uses. Lately I've been sprinkling in some general goods in an attempt to shift away from health and beauty since the stores are open again and supply chains aren't as bad for those types of items anymore. Now I sell a lot of Funkos, media (new DVDs/BluRays (still sell really well, I sold 16 copies of Disney's Coco in just 2 days one time), rarer CDs (mostly lesser known Kpop groups), collectable disney dolls, toys, books, stationary, Kpop merch, pretty much anything I can get via retail/online arbitrage, liquidation, wholesale, or thrift (although I deal in mostly brand new merch unless it's old pokemon cards, broken tablets, phones, ipods etc or some expensive old thing I found for cheap).

The only thing I won't sell is clothing unless I do a popup sale in person. Selling clothing online is a nightmare full of returns saying things like "it didn't fit" "it looks different than the pics" "It has a spot/hole/smell/ghost in it" and then I have to wait for it to come all the way back, send them their money back including shipping and then chances are they've worn it so It's no longer new and then goes to the charity box. Plus I don't know anything about clothing or fashion or measurements or any of that. I wear basketball shorts and t-shirts every day lol. I have a giant box full of clothing I've gotten in liquidations and I just try not to look at it.
    Oh wow! Back when I was working (Im on MLOA atm), I use to buy a ton of amiibo cards and figures, but found a way to make them. I was thinking of selling them due to Animal Crossing being so big, but I never got around to do it. When I did have the time, it was to late and people kind of stopped lol
    But the stuff you sell now sounds super interesting! Is it against the rules to ask for the site so I can check it out? lol (If it is, then Im sorry!)
    As for clothing and stuff, I have no idea about any of that as well lol Like, Im in my PJs as I type this, and odds are I'll stay that way till I take my shower LOL ... which should be soon.

The clothing thing, I feel so much.
    I work at um... a VERY popular Theme Park... lol
    And I use to work in one of the stores at the entrance. The amount of people who would come back at the end of the day to return and item was pretty wild. Like, sometimes you can SMELL the sweat on the clothing and it was just

But it is so great that you are selling stuff and its working out for you! Its wonderful!

@(you need an account to see links)
    That, in itself, shows how strong and wonderful you are
    It takes a lot to grow and find yourself. To be who you are and to push through a lot of the crap that goes on in the word.
    I am so happy and proud of you and for who you are! Thank you for always being such a bright and wonderful person

Holy cow! You have done so much and are so active with your studies/schooling!
    I'll be honest here... Im pretty dumb lol So I cant say I fully understand a lot what a lawyer has to do for their work and all, but I DO know it takes a lot and that you have to be so smart of quick on your feet for it.
    So Im so damn impress at what you have been doing and pushing through it all! Like, I legit am kind of embarrassed to share anything as its nothing compared to what you go through lol
    Here I am like "I cooked dinner!" and you are doing such wonderful and amazing things! I am excited and happy to see how proud you are of your work!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Druid (01-02-2023),kittyray (01-02-2023),Unown (01-02-2023)

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    57d 23h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    I think my proudest moment is I fucking finally stopped biting my nails. I grew up my whole life biting them because my dad did it and I did it out of habit/nerves and I especially hated it when I bite so much off my nail that it hurt to even touch my fingers because that's how bad I chewed them off + not to mention all the hangnails + hangskin tags that bothered the shit out of me.

I've been getting my nails done and it immensely helped me stop biting my nails. Because I've been getting them done I actually have length of my OWN fingernails I never thought I'd stop biting my nails and it's been almost a full year since I started getting my nails done. I've even gotten that nailboo kit in the mail to do my own fingernails (It's not pretty BUT it at least protects my fingernails from bending and breaking + other things) if I can't go get my nails done at the salon.

I'm sure this isn't something to be proud of but it is to me. I've been battling this habit for YEARS in my life and I'm finally at the point that I can actually enjoy looking at my fingernails instead of hiding my hands

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Totodile For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-02-2023),kittyray (01-02-2023),Narkotiq (01-02-2023),Pidgey (01-02-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    3d 17h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    It can be really stressful to host a dinner for friends and family, on top of having to buy and prepare ingredients it's also a lot of mental work. You have to think hard about what to buy, be mindful of people's restrictions (or pickiness!) and if you're anything like me, you spend the whole event worrying whether people are actually enjoying the food. So well done!!

You know what, I also hosted my first dinner party for friends in a long time this New Year's Eve and I think I wasn't giving myself enough credit, so I'll say that now I'm proud of having done that too! Thank you for helping me realize it! XD

Happy new year!!

♥ Valentin the Ryu ♥
    base by Orbit

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vexi For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-02-2023),kittyray (01-02-2023),Pidgey (01-02-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    @(you need an account to see links) It's not up right now. I removed everything when I moved so no one could order while everything was packed away. I run a store on ebay (when it's up) and then I sell stuff on mercari as well. My ebay store is my more professional storefront where I sell my good items and Mercari is more like "Buy this cheap junk that came in my boxes" I also open a stall every once in a while at the market (in person) to off load some of the items that with shipping and all wouldn't be worth buying for anyone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Narkotiq For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-02-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    334 times
    Time Online
    163d 2h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    I love reading everyone's accomplishments!

I think the thing I'm most proud of in my life is my relationship with my husband.
    It brings me the most joy in my life and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
    Together we have bought a house, 3 vehicles, and started traveling more.
    We've been together 8 years and they've been the best 8 years of my life!

Perhaps corny but things I used to be proud of most seem secondary in life now.

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    ♡ Lyrichord ♡

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pidgey For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-02-2023),kittyray (01-02-2023),♥ Vexi ♥ (01-02-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    I think my proudest moment is I fucking finally stopped biting my nails. I grew up my whole life biting them because my dad did it and I did it out of habit/nerves and I especially hated it when I bite so much off my nail that it hurt to even touch my fingers because that's how bad I chewed them off + not to mention all the hangnails + hangskin tags that bothered the shit out of me.

I've been getting my nails done and it immensely helped me stop biting my nails. Because I've been getting them done I actually have length of my OWN fingernails I never thought I'd stop biting my nails and it's been almost a full year since I started getting my nails done. I've even gotten that nailboo kit in the mail to do my own fingernails (It's not pretty BUT it at least protects my fingernails from bending and breaking + other things) if I can't go get my nails done at the salon.

I'm sure this isn't something to be proud of but it is to me. I've been battling this habit for YEARS in my life and I'm finally at the point that I can actually enjoy looking at my fingernails instead of hiding my hands
    Oh, that is still something to be proud of! Don't say that it isn't YOU are proud of it, and that's a wonderful feeling!
    Hell, I think its pretty great that you were able to do so! I actually bite mine still! My brother bites his to the nub, so I understand what you're saying.
    Its wonderful to see how excited you are for your nails and getting them done!
    I dont do my nail, but I LOVE Cristine (Simply Nailogical). She does Holo Taco and they look so pretty!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vexi View Post
    It can be really stressful to host a dinner for friends and family, on top of having to buy and prepare ingredients it's also a lot of mental work. You have to think hard about what to buy, be mindful of people's restrictions (or pickiness!) and if you're anything like me, you spend the whole event worrying whether people are actually enjoying the food. So well done!!

You know what, I also hosted my first dinner party for friends in a long time this New Year's Eve and I think I wasn't giving myself enough credit, so I'll say that now I'm proud of having done that too! Thank you for helping me realize it! XD

Happy new year!!
    Oh, yes! 100%! A lot does go into making dinner!
    I think its pretty wonderful that we share a moment like this
    Its exciting to see how they enjoy the meal and get to be around people you love and care for.
    Im sure you did such a beautiful job as well!

I use to do it a lot, but my health issues have kept me from doing so ):
    So it was such a warm and wonderful feeling when I was finally able to do it again lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narkotiq View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) It's not up right now. I removed everything when I moved so no one could order while everything was packed away. I run a store on ebay (when it's up) and then I sell stuff on mercari as well. My ebay store is my more professional storefront where I sell my good items and Mercari is more like "Buy this cheap junk that came in my boxes" I also open a stall every once in a while at the market (in person) to off load some of the items that with shipping and all wouldn't be worth buying for anyone.
    Oh, mkay! I understand now!
    Its still pretty wonderful that you have a business like that! Since Im home and have a lot of stress with work, I want to try and find something from home that I can do.
    So its pretty amazing that you have your business! Its tough out there and you were able to grow! That's wonderful

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    I love reading everyone's accomplishments!

I think the thing I'm most proud of in my life is my relationship with my husband.
    It brings me the most joy in my life and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
    Together we have bought a house, 3 vehicles, and started traveling more.
    We've been together 8 years and they've been the best 8 years of my life!

Perhaps corny but things I used to be proud of most seem secondary in life now.
    That is not corny at all! Oh my word this is so cute I love it!
    The feeling of being so in love and being proud of your S/O is so wonderful!
    Having that special someone in your life and being able to share it with them must be so beautiful
    Im so damn happy for you both and seeing all the wonderful things you have done!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (01-02-2023),Pidgey (01-02-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 7h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    @Druid
    Holy cow! You have done so much and are so active with your studies/schooling!
    I'll be honest here... Im pretty dumb lol So I cant say I fully understand a lot what a lawyer has to do for their work and all, but I DO know it takes a lot and that you have to be so smart of quick on your feet for it.
    So Im so damn impress at what you have been doing and pushing through it all! Like, I legit am kind of embarrassed to share anything as its nothing compared to what you go through lol
    Here I am like "I cooked dinner!" and you are doing such wonderful and amazing things! I am excited and happy to see how proud you are of your work!
    lol if it helps I almost never cook dinner I microwaved an Easy Mac just now and this is honestly closer to a real meal than I often get. Everyone has different strengths and stuff - I do know I'm smart, and it turns out I'm good at law school, but I'm reaallllly terrible about a lot of basic stuff. If I don't stay busy I really easily fall into depressive states where I do **nothing** (that's a big part of why lockdown was so bad, I was fully catatonic). Anyway the point is things don't have to be law school level chaotic to be worth being proud of! This is a very specific field, not doing it is absolutely not shame-able.

thank you for the gay rights peo ♥ @honeycomb ♥

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-02-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    That, in itself, shows how strong and wonderful you are
    It takes a lot to grow and find yourself. To be who you are and to push through a lot of the crap that goes on in the word.
    I am so happy and proud of you and for who you are! Thank you for always being such a bright and wonderful person
    Thank you for the kind words. I do hope that whatever you're going through now, you'll get through them and grow to become a stronger person.
    It's not the end of the world and there are people around you that love you.

It's pretty hilarious in retrospect that life is just a whole bunch of solving problem after problem and just getting better at it.

Let's all get through this and may 2023 be a better year!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-02-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    lol if it helps I almost never cook dinner I microwaved an Easy Mac just now and this is honestly closer to a real meal than I often get. Everyone has different strengths and stuff - I do know I'm smart, and it turns out I'm good at law school, but I'm reaallllly terrible about a lot of basic stuff. If I don't stay busy I really easily fall into depressive states where I do **nothing** (that's a big part of why lockdown was so bad, I was fully catatonic). Anyway the point is things don't have to be law school level chaotic to be worth being proud of! This is a very specific field, not doing it is absolutely not shame-able.
    Its true that everyone has a strength and weaknesses
    But it is super awesome knowing how smart you are and how wonderful that is!
    As for me, I think I feel less hyped than I should, as I use to cook dinner for my family all the time. I went to culinary school and love cooking!
    But with how things are for me now, I sadly cant cook as often (or at all) anymore. It sucks lol Its why doing this dinner was a big thing for me, as I feel that Im on the road to being able to cook again!... I hope

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unown View Post
    Thank you for the kind words. I do hope that whatever you're going through now, you'll get through them and grow to become a stronger person.
    It's not the end of the world and there are people around you that love you.

It's pretty hilarious in retrospect that life is just a whole bunch of solving problem after problem and just getting better at it.

Let's all get through this and may 2023 be a better year!!
    Awww! Thank you so much! I hope things can get better as well!
    But I am being very honest in saying that you really are a strong and wonderful person
    Life likes to punch us down, but we keep on going and show it who's boss!

If there is EVER a time where you just want to vent or talk, I'm always open to chat

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Druid (01-02-2023),Unown (01-02-2023)