Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mind sharing something that you're proud of?

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m

Mind sharing something that you're proud of?

Over the past month or so, I've been having a lot of problems. If it be my heath or depression. It's been pretty hard and I just honestly dont like where I am atm.
    But thats not here or there lol

So! What I think would be neat is to hear about something YOU'RE proud of.
    It can be anything! I honestly would love to hear about it
    I want to share in your excitement and to see some of the amazing things you've done!

I can start with one thing Im super proud of! It's pretty silly, but ... lol
    I was able to do a FULL on dinner for a few of my friends for Christmas! Its been almost 2 years since I've been able to do that!
    Wasn't anything like a Turkey dinner or something lol But it was something I was hyped about

So what about you all? I'd love to hear about it!

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Buizel (01-02-2023),cielope (01-03-2023),Cinnamoroll (01-02-2023),Demetri (01-02-2023),♥ Dita ♥ (01-31-2023),doraemon (01-02-2023),Erik. (01-02-2023),Menine (01-03-2023),Narkotiq (01-02-2023),Pidgey (01-02-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,160 times
    Time Online
    555d 4h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I feel you, 2022 kind of kicked my ass. There's honestly nothing recent in my personal life that I'm proud of or was good, but clraik was my sole positive outlet (at least until I had to stop being a coordinator),and I remain so incredibly proud of the (you need an account to see links) event last year. Like, maybe it sounds corny as fuck, but opening a door for people in a community I care so much about to spread kindness meant more to me than I could ever possibly express. I kind of feel like I don't deserve credit for it because it couldn't have happened without the rest of the team putting shit together or all of the members for participating, but it was my brainchild and I feel like the work I did was a net benefit on it, and I can't really say that about anything else lately. So thanks to all of you who participated!
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-02-2023),doraemon (01-02-2023),Druid (01-02-2023),♥ Juna ♥ (01-02-2023),Menine (01-03-2023),Narkotiq (01-02-2023),Pidgey (01-02-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    10d 10h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Amazing work, both of you!

For me it's something small. I'm starting to gain more stamina, physically. I've started working out in the past month, and I've noticed that it takes longer to feel fatigued now compared to a few months ago. No progress on the weighing scale yet, but I feel better.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to doraemon For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-02-2023),kittyray (01-02-2023),Narkotiq (01-02-2023),Pidgey (01-02-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    2022 almost entirely broke me due to things that happened and are personal.

One of my friends made a facebook post at random, and tagged me in it, and told me that watching me grow as a musician and digital artist gives them inspiration despite I barely made anything this year due to, well the world is collectively depressed I don't need to explain myself.

But, it did make me feel more encouraged to try harder this year and cheered me up a lot.

I also have lost a grand total of 7.1 stone (or 100 pounds) as of the start of 2023.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-02-2023),♥ Juna ♥ (01-02-2023),kittyray (01-02-2023),Narkotiq (01-02-2023),Pidgey (01-02-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    52d 15h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    2022 was a lot for me. I accepted a different position in another store to leave a toxic situation. I moved into a beautiful house that I'm finally turning into a home (one year later, but still). In the last 6 months, I've been taking on more and more of a workload. Which, in hindsight, looks great on my resume, but the additional workload, and stress, doesn't come with a pay raise.

At the end of the year, I finally put myself first. I expressed my concerns about the "inclusivity" that my company boasts about, and called them out on their inequality within it's ranks. I got some pushback from former bosses of mine, as they didn't like being called out on their homophobia and sexism. However I didn't give up. I wanted to highlight that it happens in every day life, and a lot of people are blind to it because they don't experience it.

In doing all of this, I found that, I no longer want to work for this company. Being here for the last three years, and facing homophobia with every single manager I've had, it makes me sick. So I recently started putting out applications, which is a big thing for me, because I hate the entire interview process (even though I myself, do plenty of interviews lol).

But yeah, something that I'm proud of that I've accomplished. Sticking up for myself and for what is right within a company that masks their homophobia with "inclusivity departments". It's a freeing feeling.

Thank you Hellraid <3

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Teakwood For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-02-2023),Druid (01-02-2023),kittyray (01-02-2023),Narkotiq (01-02-2023),Pidgey (01-02-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    705 times
    Time Online
    83d 12h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I started post-secondary school finally during 2022 (I am nearly 29, so a bit of a late entry compared to most). I work full time, and do school full time as well.

I made the Dean's List in my first semester, and my second semester (which just ended), I made the Honors List! (I just missed Dean's List by a few GPA points but that is okay)
    I didn't think I could do it, let alone do well. BUT I did it and am doing it!

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-02-2023),♥ Juna ♥ (01-02-2023),kittyray (01-02-2023),Narkotiq (01-02-2023),Pidgey (01-02-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Congrats to everyone on your accomplishments!

This past year has been really hard on me as it has been on a lot of people. Depression has been at an all-time high for me with a long chain of bad situations and circumstances keeping it fueled all year.
    BUUUUUTTTT....
    What I'm most proud of though is that after running my business for 5 years out of my bedroom and a closet I finally have an office to run it out of. I also have a bunch of extra room to do art which I've wanted for a while as well (even though I'm not good at it.)

Now I've just gotta get my butt into gear and get back to work. I temporarily closed my business when I moved and haven't reopened it or done anything with it or my inventory since getting my office set up. It's been a month and I just haven't quite felt up to it even though I've had almost 2 weeks off from my "real job". Winter sucks the life right out of me lol.
    Last edited by Narkotiq; 01-02-2023 at 01:15 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Narkotiq For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-02-2023),kittyray (01-02-2023),Pidgey (01-02-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Oh, that event is so adorable! I love that you did that for everyone! I wasn't around during that time (I think I was in the hospital?), but I would have loved to have shared so much love to everyone!
    There are those here that I appreciate so much and wish them all the best in everything they do. So you putting that together for us is so sweet and kind! I love it!
    If it comes back this year, I'm totally gonna spread the love around! Thank you so much!!

Oh! Oh! That is such a wonderful thing to hear!
    I wish I could say the same! Im a Lechonk boi, but I know I need to try and better myself lol
    Its great that you are feeling better and Im super happy to hear that!

I feel you on that with the world. Im sorry about that, and I hope things can get better for you soon!
    You deserve all the happiness that comes to you
    But that's amazing about your work and the total! Big congrats on that!
    Your friend sounds like someone who cares for you a ton and looks up to what you do. It's great that you have people around you like that

Oh my word! Im so sorry that you are putting up with that!
    That is a big thing in my book and I am so damn PROUD of you for standing up to it! A giant congratulations!
    It hurts that there are people who think the way your bosses/company do but act as if they dont. Im so sorry you have to put up with that, but it shows how strong you are for fighting it!

And that's wonderful about your home! Ah!
    That was a goal of mine for so long, but my health has seen to it that I cant do it anymore lol But that's okay!
    Im so excited for you and your new home!!

Oh damn! Look at you! Holy crap that's wonderful!
    The highest education I have is...High School LOL (And dont worry about the age. Im 34 and haven't done anything with my life lol)
    It warms my heart to see how excited and proud you are of your education! You work so hard and even work full time! You're a power house!
    AND you are such a sweet and active member here as well! Look at you go!

Ahhh! That is such a big and wonderful step for your business! That is so exciting to hear!
    If you dont mind me asking, what do you do/sell? (Im so sorry if you mentioned this before!)
    Being able to move up like that is so great to hear! Im sure its been a ride to get there, but being able to have your own office is such a great and wonderful thing for you
    Last edited by Bulbasaur; 01-02-2023 at 01:39 PM.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (01-02-2023),kittyray (01-02-2023),Pidgey (01-02-2023),Synth Salazzle (01-02-2023),Teakwood (01-03-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Ahhh! That is such a big and wonderful step for your business! That is so exciting to hear!
    If you dont mind me asking, what do you do/sell? (Im so sorry if you mentioned this before!)
    Being able to move up like that is so great to hear! Im sure its been a ride to get there, but being able to have your own office is such a great and wonderful thing for you
    I originally started out selling video game consoles, accessories, amiibos (cards and figures) etc but during the pandemic I switched to health and beauty products since stores were closed and a lot of stuff was hard to find for some people, I got into business relations with several liquidators and wholesalers and totally revamped my business plan. It was realllly difficult at first because I was selling makeup and a bunch of stuff I didn't exactly know about or understand, so I had to study cosmetics and other beauty products to learn all the terminology and how to describe the products and explain their uses. Lately I've been sprinkling in some general goods in an attempt to shift away from health and beauty since the stores are open again and supply chains aren't as bad for those types of items anymore. Now I sell a lot of Funkos, media (new DVDs/BluRays (still sell really well, I sold 16 copies of Disney's Coco in just 2 days one time), rarer CDs (mostly lesser known Kpop groups), collectable disney dolls, toys, books, stationary, Kpop merch, pretty much anything I can get via retail/online arbitrage, liquidation, wholesale, or thrift (although I deal in mostly brand new merch unless it's old pokemon cards, broken tablets, phones, ipods etc or some expensive old thing I found for cheap).

The only thing I won't sell is clothing unless I do a popup sale in person. Selling clothing online is a nightmare full of returns saying things like "it didn't fit" "it looks different than the pics" "It has a spot/hole/smell/ghost in it" and then I have to wait for it to come all the way back, send them their money back including shipping and then chances are they've worn it so It's no longer new and then goes to the charity box. Plus I don't know anything about clothing or fashion or measurements or any of that. I wear basketball shorts and t-shirts every day lol. I have a giant box full of clothing I've gotten in liquidations and I just try not to look at it.
    Last edited by Narkotiq; 01-02-2023 at 02:12 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Narkotiq For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-02-2023),Pidgey (01-02-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    I think 2022 was quite a rollercoaster of a year for me. It was a year I tried to find myself, and in a way I learned that you do not fully have control over what happens to you and you just have to go with the flow and deal with what comes.

I really hope that 2023 will be a lot better, and I'm just proud of the fact that I have gone through 2022 feeling a little stronger, a little more secure in myself, and overall (hopefully) a better person.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (01-02-2023),Druid (01-02-2023),kittyray (01-02-2023),Pidgey (01-02-2023)