7/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m

Anyone else's VPN acting up?

Noticed today logging into some accounts of mine with my VPN that each page I go to tells me 'No internet' (I have internet). Sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm wondering if it's because certain aspects of the site are lagging again? (NC mall/Quests etc) or is it just my VPN I have?

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,757 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Wouldn't you be able to rule out Neopets by navigating to other websites while using your VPN, @(you need an account to see links)? If all the websites you visit experience issues loading, then it's your VPN. Otherwise, it might be Neopets.

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    Yeah I was fiddling around w my other sites and it did it too :/ Think maybe my VPN on my PC is having a moment of sickness lol. I have a free one I got since I can't pay so I'm hoping it clears up soon! (The text i get mentions the servers so they might be down or something) @(you need an account to see links)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,757 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    I have a free one I got since I can't pay so I'm hoping it clears up soon! (The text i get mentions the servers so they might be down or something)
    Free VPNs tend to endure substantially more load than the paid alternatives, and so they're more likely to suffer from lag and outages. The VPN server you're using is probably getting slammed right now, which will result in navigation errors as you attempt to browse with it. If your VPN allows you to select different servers, then you might be able to select one that is under less load in order to speed things up a bit. Otherwise, you'll need to wait it out.

A word of warning: free VPNs are dangerous to use when playing Neopets. The Neopets team is known to go after players by targeting the IPs of free VPNs because that information is relatively easy to obtain. You may also get caught in a mass freezing if any of the IPs you're using are being shared with other players that get caught breaking Neopets terms of service.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (12-28-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    79d 9h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    I am using a paid VPN, and whenever I connect to it to browse neopets I get the stackpath security check. Sometimes it just got stuck on the security check too.

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,757 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by Daki View Post
    I am using a paid VPN, and whenever I connect to it to browse neopets I get the stackpath security check. Sometimes it just got stuck on the security check too.
    Nearly everybody will get hit by StackPath at one time or another, especially if you're using non-residential IPs. That's just the way things are nowadays. As to why you're getting stuck on the validation page - that can be for a number of reasons. Some forms of the validation page wait for user input before continuing. Others fail to continue because either ad-blockers or the browser itself interferes with the validation process by messing with the scripts being executed, or the elements being modified. It's also possible that Neopets itself bounces the request once validation completes, which might leave you at a broken page, or one with a generic error message. Unless the StackPath validation page you're getting specifically tells you that you have been blocked, then the page failing to continue is going to be one of the aforementioned reasons.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (12-28-2022),♥ Yuumi ♥ (12-28-2022)

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Free VPNs tend to endure substantially more load than the paid alternatives, and so they're more likely to suffer from lag and outages. The VPN server you're using is probably getting slammed right now, which will result in navigation errors as you attempt to browse with it. If your VPN allows you to select different servers, then you might be able to select one that is under less load in order to speed things up a bit. Otherwise, you'll need to wait it out.

A word of warning: free VPNs are dangerous to use when playing Neopets. The Neopets team is known to go after players by targeting the IPs of free VPNs because that information is relatively easy to obtain. You may also get caught in a mass freezing if any of the IPs you're using are being shared with other players that get caught breaking Neopets terms of service.
    Yeah mine has different options to choose from. I think its the whole server thing tho - I'm not on it rn so hopefully it does clear up. I hardly also use my VPNs as well - only for pet trading and then I'm off

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Every once in a great while my VPN will crap out for a whole day and not let me connect at all, usually on those day I just focus on my main account (or my side account using our extra modem/isp) or do something off of neopets.

But to answer your question, I don't think it's your VPN. The mall and everything loaded for me but last night, but moving NC items from SDB and opening fortune cookies was really slow for me, but everything else on the site loaded super-fast. Sometimes Itll load forever after trying to move nc or open nc items without actually loading and then I have to refresh and try again. It's not as bad as the last time when everything was at a painfully slow crawl but annoying none the less.

If it's moving NC from an SDB I find that instead of pressing remove under the item, typing in how many you want to remove and then clicking remove at the bottom of the page loads way faster than clicking remove one, As for the opening of the cookies, that I haven't found a faster way to do, I just refresh after about 10 secs and try again because I know it isn't actually loading but looks like it is. (You may not be trying to do either but I figured I'd put it out there just in case you were)

I haven't tried it today though.
    Last edited by Narkotiq; 12-28-2022 at 04:17 PM.