Thread: What Would You Change About Your Most Hated Neopets Species?

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

What Would You Change About Your Most Hated Neopets Species?

So recently I started a faerie fountains giveaway (if you haven't entered yet you should)where I asked people to list their top 5 favorite Neopet species and their 1 all time favorite color for those species. As I was reading through some of them, I found myself saying "Ugh I hate X species" and that made me think "But why do I hate X species" and then that got me curious what other people would say about their most hated species and that led to this post.

What is your most hated species, why do you hate them, how would you change them, and would you like them after that change or are they just an all around lost cause in your eyes?

You can list as many as you want, I look forward to seeing what everyone says. No offense to anyone's favorites. This is all just for fun/research.

Heres a blank template if you'd like to use it
    Species:
    Reason Why I Dislike/Hate Them:
    Change(s) I'd Make:
    Would The Change Save It For Me?:

My List

Species: Bruce
    Reason Why I Dislike/Hate Them: The species name is a human name and I've never liked that. It doesn't help that the only 2 Bruces I've ever met in my life have both been horrible people.
    Change(s) I'd Make: Name it something more species-like. They should have changed it when Bruce went from human to animal like they changed "Macy Gray" to "Kau"
    Would The Change Save It For Me?: Yes. Bruce is a cute penguin and I love penguins. I just can't get over saying "My Bruce" "A Bruce" "That Bruce" knowing I'm referring to a penguin and not a person, let alone one I've had a bad interaction with.

Species: Lenny
    Reason Why I Dislike/Hate Them: Pretty similar to Bruce except I don't know any Lennys (other than Kravitz and I've never met him lol)
    Change(s) I'd Make: Same as Bruce, give me a bird like name not a person's name.
    Would The Change Save It For Me?: Eh, it wouldn't make it a sudden favorite, but I wouldn't roll my eyes at the species name anymore.

Species:Chia
    Reason Why I Dislike/Hate Them: They are like the Pikachu of Neopets. They get favored a lot by the devs, they get magical chia pops and fun fruity colors, they get hair changes in some paintbrush styles while all/most other pets keep their normal hair, etc. Plus their design seems to lack character, it's a sack with a giant mouth and little eyes.
    Change(s) I'd Make: Stop giving chia special treatment and spread the love to other species. Give the design a bit more character maybe? Open eyes? Fingers? Something.
    Would The Change Save It For Me?: Nope. Damage is done. I probably hate this pet more than any other. I've hated it ever since I was a kid and noticed what was up with the favoritism (and it just looked generally boring). Screw Chia and screw Pikachu lol.

Ok so I feel like this one will be the most controversial because surprisingly a lot of people like them.
    Species: Gnorbu
    Reason Why I Dislike/Hate Them: At first, I thought it was the ruffled collar but then I tried on some ruff restricting clothing and was even more turned off of Gnorbu..It looked weird and lumpy and naked. It's so bulky (more blubbery than solid or fluffy) and it has such tiny legs I feel like if it had a big meal that it's stomach would drag on the ground along with its chest. I know it started as an April Fools joke but it's still funny looking to me after all these years
    Change(s) I'd Make: Give it longer legs or a smaller chest/belly region (or both) so that it isn't so stubby or make the chest/stomach look more wooly(furry?)so that it's the fur/wool making the torso look so low to the ground. Cause right now Im getting mild Mutant Moehog vibes.
    Would The Change Save It For Me?: Probably not. I'm already not a huge fan of 4 legged pets and then there's all the fur/wool to deal with. Plus llamas are always used as jokes/memes (hence the Llama April Fools pet that became Gnorbu)

Species: Blumaroo
    Reason Why I Dislike/Hate Them: It's literally got a **** for a nose. They make me laugh, especially when Desert Blumaroo has it's mask on, it looks like something slipped out of place LMAO
    Change(s) I'd Make: Give it a more Kangaroo like nose/mouth area
    Would The Change Save It For Me?: Yes, because besides the phallic nose I'd love to have a Blumaroo but I just can't.. at least not before that nose goes.

That's about it. I like and/or would have a pet of any other species except those 5.

I hope I didn't offend anyone. I can't wait to see what you guys say (and to see if any of you roast any of my faves as well)
    Last edited by Narkotiq; 12-25-2022 at 12:09 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Narkotiq For This Useful Post:

Erik. (12-25-2022),Lilac Tentacles (12-25-2022),Orbit (12-25-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    This (your review) is very detailed and calculated... and I'll go in the complete opposite direction.

Not science/reason based at all. Fucking hate Meercas.

Chuffer Bob the Meerca and I have a long-standing 22 year CHEAT rivalry and I hate him with a fiery passion. I have a song and everything. I hate the entire species because of him.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Clefairy (01-06-2023),Narkotiq (12-25-2022)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    354d 18h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Species: Ogrin
    Reason Why I Dislike/Hate Them: They are honestly really difficult to customize. I love certain colors for them like Robot and Stripped, but I see that most pets that stand on all 4 legs are really hard to dress.
    Change(s) I'd Make: I think their customization issues comes from how pants and shoes look on them. they look huge and clunky compared to when a 4 legged pet wears gloves and they look relatively normal compared to the shoes they wear.
    Would The Change Save It For Me?: It would. I'd love to have an Ogrin or Lupe on my main account, but I can't decide on a good look for them and urgh

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Clefairy (01-06-2023),Narkotiq (12-25-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac Tentacles View Post
    This (your review) is very detailed and calculated... and I'll go in the complete opposite direction.

Not science/reason based at all. Fucking hate Meercas.

Chuffer Bob the Meerca and I have a long-standing 22 year CHEAT rivalry and I hate him with a fiery passion. I have a song and everything. I hate the entire species because of him.
    I choked on my vape hit when I read this. I'm dyinggggg. (Maybe literally?) LMAO. I love Meerca but Chuffer Bob pisses me off too. Now I'm curious about this song lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    Species: Ogrin
    Reason Why I Dislike/Hate Them: They are honestly really difficult to customize. I love certain colors for them like Robot and Stripped, but I see that most pets that stand on all 4 legs are really hard to dress.
    Change(s) I'd Make: I think their customization issues comes from how pants and shoes look on them. they look huge and clunky compared to when a 4 legged pet wears gloves and they look relatively normal compared to the shoes they wear.
    Would The Change Save It For Me?: It would. I'd love to have an Ogrin or Lupe on my main account, but I can't decide on a good look for them and urgh
    Ogrin almost made my list but I was like "Nah 5 is enough". I have the same gripes as you with Ogrin customization but other than that I like the design, they look spunky and energetic, and I could see having a real one as a pet lol.
    Last edited by Narkotiq; 12-25-2022 at 12:42 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Narkotiq For This Useful Post:

Buizel (12-25-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    15d 1h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Species: Shoyru
    Reason Why I Dislike/Hate Them: It's a discount Draik. I get what they were going for, I really do. But IT HAS NO NOSE. I HATE that it has no nose, it's just so bizarre to me, like they couldn't give it some nostrils or anything? Just all smooth up in there? Disgusting
    Change(s) I'd Make: NOSE
    Would The Change Save It For Me?: mmmmmm no clue. I would give it some claws/fingers and less puppy eyes too.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irohh For This Useful Post:

Clefairy (01-06-2023),Narkotiq (01-05-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari View Post
    like they couldn't give it some nostrils or anything? Just all smooth up in there? Disgusting
    That part made me laugh so hard.
    I have a love hate with shoyru and haven't owned one since I was like 12 but it isn't because of it's nose. I don't like the fin/bumpy thing coming out of it's head. You aren't a fish or a shark, I get that dragons have horns and random growths on their heads but I think shoyru would look better without it. I don't know how wigs work with shoyru but hopefully that thing disappears when one is applied.