Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts on ChatGPT and other AI?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    23d 13h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Adam Conover pretty much sums up my thoughts on AI in general. I think it's useful to mess with but when it comes to actually using it for important systems or profit it becomes very sketchy imo.

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 12h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    did you guys see that snapchat made an AI based on chatgpt and i think its fun to mess with but ultimately ive seen some music videos using AI voices of artists... same with pictures obviously but theres two sides to that coin: cool we can now create music using our favorite artists... but now we dont "need" them. idk its a big question of dang we can literally do somewhat anything to well now these artists arent going to be credited/havent done the work

we live in a weird day and age for sure lol

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 16h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    did you guys see that snapchat made an AI based on chatgpt and i think its fun to mess with but ultimately ive seen some music videos using AI voices of artists... same with pictures obviously but theres two sides to that coin: cool we can now create music using our favorite artists... but now we dont "need" them. idk its a big question of dang we can literally do somewhat anything to well now these artists arent going to be credited/havent done the work

we live in a weird day and age for sure lol
    I'm sure artists are not at all worried that some AI is going to make them obsolete. If I had the choice to listen to authentic Taylor Swift or Beyonce music versus whatever weird fantasy people make with AI, I'd choose to listen/have the actual artist every time.

There's a lot that goes into making a song. It's not just artist putting words into a prompt and releasing that. They have producers, editors, ect. to make the music that we love. The difference in the quality of music would be stagnant.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

ButterBird (05-15-2023),Excalibur (04-24-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 12h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    I'm sure artists are not at all worried that some AI is going to make them obsolete. If I had the choice to listen to authentic Taylor Swift or Beyonce music versus whatever weird fantasy people make with AI, I'd choose to listen/have the actual artist every time.

There's a lot that goes into making a song. It's not just artist putting words into a prompt and releasing that. They have producers, editors, ect. to make the music that we love. The difference in the quality of music would be stagnant.
    so i did find one AI song from weeknd and drake that i think you should listen too... its pretty spot on scarily so. i can send a pm if you want!

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 16h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    so i did find one AI song from weeknd and drake that i think you should listen too... its pretty spot on scarily so. i can send a pm if you want!
    With all due respects, I wouldn't be interested. If Drake and The Weekend wanted to release/collaborate on a song together, then they'd do it themselves.

I also don't see a point in making up songs with AI since we'll never see the artist perform said song during a tour or something.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (04-24-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 12h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    With all due respects, I wouldn't be interested. If Drake and The Weekend wanted to release/collaborate on a song together, then they'd do it themselves.

I also don't see a point in making up songs with AI since we'll never see the artist perform said song during a tour or something.
    totally get it! theres rumors saying supposedly its a marketing scheme? but yeah i think its all hearsay

Pronouns
    Flor/Fleur
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    45d 6h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I think there's many pros and cons with AI. I think the pros outweigh the cons. I am really intrigued by everything I've seen and heard thus far and excited for the future.

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    40d 13h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    I think there are lots of upsides from small-scale things like making fun and quick advertising posts when your brain isn't being creative enough to learning random information in a quick and fun manner on the web. I'm worried about the dangers of more theft as we see with AI art theft however.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    10h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    It is still at a fairly elementary stage, in my opinion. ChatGPT and similar products are still generative -- they use a probability index to generate the words, so it is less a sense of giving a certain correct output than what is the most likely to appear in the batch of example texts they are fed. In that sense, I don't feel like these AI are that special; but it definitely hints at the potential for AI becoming something much more. We are still a ways away from AI consciousness or anything that crazy, but it is unfortunate that it seems like many people are already using AI to automate or replace peoples' jobs. I read (you need an account to see links) not too long ago about workers, particularly in the tech sector, using ChatGPT and similar programs to essentially 'work' 4 jobs a time, since they can outsource most of the work to the AI. How is that fair?

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    9h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Also in the camp of many pros and cons to chatGPT. I know it gets dicey when artists of any kind are involved. Being an artist myself, I understand. But the amount of time it can save in the creative process is also very interesting, as well as the learning process. Once you develop a 2nd nature of effectively using prompts, you can help ideas form at an alarming rate. And when it comes to other AI like midjourney, I feel like using concepts as a template for your own interpretation can be a beneficial tool in the sketching/mockup stage of design projects. I don't believe it will ever truly erase the individual skill of an artist (speaking about visual arts), but it is definitely something to look at as it progresses.

This is without even touching how it's affected the content creator market on youtube. From scripts to thumbnail design... there is a lot to consider with ai