Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts on ChatGPT and other AI?

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    12d 12h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post
    Hey there!
    I have recently change career from Civil Engineer to become an Automation Testing Engineer, and I've been exploring the software universe and all that it have to offer.
    Recently I discovered the Artificial Inteligence and all the benefits it has, I've been actively making questions to ChatGPT about everything, from asking how the weather is going to be in my city, doing basic exams about mexican history and I've even asked about how to provision Docker by using a Vagrant Plugin? (because that was a homework in the Bootcamp I am at)
    It's not perfect, yet. But it's improving.

Here are the screenshots of the responses about my homework.

As you can see, it's amazing!
    But a lot of people are worried because it can do school resumes, legal contracts based on the laws of the city, it can code, give you step by steps recipes and instructions about anything.
    People is worried to lose their jobs because of this tools and some of them wants to do them illegal.

This is not the first time that the technology makes people lose their job, and obviouly it hurts, but I think it makes us adapt and have better things faster.

What do you think about?
    I met up with my professor and we talked about ChatGPT. He said so many people were using it to do their homework and quizzes! The professors are well aware of ChatGPT even though they aren't a part of their policies on plagiarism. We had two students get kicked out of the program, Computer Science Master's program, and a lot failed their classes and have to retake them. So ChatGPT is costing students money to retake classes as well as ruining their graduate career/futures. Once you get kicked out of college for cheating using AI, it will be hard to get back into another program. The two students were also international students so they had to go back to their countries because their visas were only good for school I guess.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    19h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Isn't it still difficult to fully prove if a student is using it or not though? I know for my school, they don't consider using the AI Detection as a credible source so I'm just curious how else you'd prove it unless you use the bot itself to see who's answers are similar?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    6d 14h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I would call it an incredible tool.

1 hour of searching for tutorials on a work task (Programming an alphabetical override for PowerBI)

Power BI gave me 10 applicable steps that solved it in 10 minutes!!

This is insane

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 5h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    It's an interesting tool, i've utilised it to help set out steps for for things that AI need like GreK above, i've used it for tableau instead of scrolling for hours through tutorials.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    There are so many powerful AI tools. ChatGPT is one of them, but there are many others popping up that allow you to do some pretty crazy things. I'm currently working on doing a deep dive on different interfaces I have come across to figure which ones I can use to monetize different things.

One of my favorite kinds of AI are the ones that generate the images. I've been able to use that to make "custom" images for different business ideas and just for fun. I actually haven't tried it for neo before, I wonder if I can point it at the dr sloth image emporium site and have it create custom stuff based off that. Would have been very handy when I had NPs selling sites to create cool images for that.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    23d 12h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Adam Conover on yt pretty much sums up my thoughts on AI technology.
    I would give it a watch! It's not positive but it's the reality we face.
    As someone who works in the creative field it's a big problem ngl.
    However I think it's useful for fun, explorative ways.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    9d 3h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    My husband uses chatgpt for everything from dinner recipes, to activity recommmendations. Meanwhile my best friend has been using it to write her university essays for her lmao. I havent used it myself, I don't really have an interest in it, but they both love it for different reasons

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    12d 12h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    So, in talking with my advisor on picking a thesis topic for my Masters program, one of the topics I could have chosen was Utilizing ChatGPT in Tutorials Implemented in a Free CMS: This research could evaluate the application of language model ChatGPT in creating interactive tutorials. Further, it could involve examining free content management systems (CMS) to understand their usability and effectiveness in an educational setting.

I have never used this service so I decided not to try and do this thesis topic. I chose: Investigating the Impact of Gamification on Cybersecurity Education: Evaluate the effectiveness of gamification (e.g., point scoring, competition with others, etc.) in teaching cybersecurity concepts. Research could focus on student engagement, retention, and understanding when gamification techniques are applied.

But after seeing a video that @(you need an account to see links) posted, I may try and do some more research on lava lamps and RNGs and see if I can open pandora's box to convince my advisor to let me work on that area for my thesis topic.

Huge shoutout to (you need an account to see links) for my amazing Custom UB!

Huge shout out to (you need an account to see links)for my amazing Thirteen siggie graphic!

Rebel the Otter and her little friend, Jinxy the teddy bear, was drawn by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you so much for this perfect vision of my emo otter!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    68d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    It depends I think, I would say I am more towards the 'I don't like it' maybe! I still really think ATM, you still need to use your brain to check the answers from them and do little edits
    For example, I had an experience checking someone's report who used the AI bots. It sounded OK but it really did not fit/still sounded a bit weird
    So I think it's good to start off with for ideas, but then you'll still need to review it and make edits
    Personally, with good search tools and skills it isn't hard to find what you need
    As a tool I would say things like chatgpt is good! Just make sure to review what comes out of it haha

I am not really a fan of AI art, like i agree its cool for like 1 minute
    Last edited by jellybelly; 06-05-2023 at 10:28 PM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    6d 7h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I love Chat GPT. As a web developer, it makes me 10x more efficient.
    It obviously shouldn't and couldn't write a whole app/website for you, but it's fantastic as a tool to complement your work.
    In particular, it's great for troubleshooting chunks of code, making suggestions on how to do something and what to try next to achieve something, and writing basic functions.
    I've been using it for writing scripts lately and would not want to go back to not using it.

I don't see it as a threat for replacing developers -- it simply can't manage all the moving parts of a project once it starts to get complex, which they always do.
    And it does regularly make mistakes that only humans (at least at this stage) are able to pick up.
    I think in the long run, it's going to make all coding services cheaper for people, as developers will be (and are already) churning out work so much faster.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Badger For This Useful Post:

NeopetLandy (09-25-2023)