Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts on ChatGPT and other AI?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    1d 15h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think there is an AI craze right now that's feeding venture capitalists FOMO. Of course it's amazing technology, so was the internet in 2000s. Then the dot come bubble burst, and only the strong survive. Right now companies are tagging everything they do as having AI, and it's not going to really affect their bottom line. Stocks will drop alongside inflation and high interest rates and we will see bad times before good.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DrixlRey For This Useful Post:

♥ Rattata ♥ (10-11-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    2d 14h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Personally, truthfully, I'm very supportive of AI and technology advancements like these. I think these types of technology will only enhance our lives and provide a clear path towards more efficiency.

I think AI technology could help adjust our economy. Balance our freight/logistics. Improve our agricultural productions. Enhance our educational experience. Improve our quality of game design. Produce the best ways for us to advance our civilization.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    As a developer, i fell like less of my time is spent on google for simple problems, and i dedicate more time to the projects, when i don't know how to do something, i get a opinion with bard or gpt, understand to go right if my code and some problems that i normally would spend a day thinking about, some minutes and i can go to other think, and with copilot, or codeium, i write less repetitive code and keep the focus on what is inportant.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    28d 9h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I think it's a really exciting time. The opportunities that are arising are very promising.
    I'm thinking, for example, of YouTube videos that are translated and spoken in your language in real time, wouldn't that be fantastic?
    Office work can be relieved. Yes, it will probably also save a lot of jobs. Of course, politicians need to address this problem urgently so that workers don't end up on the street.
    However, I also think that the government and politicians are once again living behind the moon and are not up to date.
    It should be regulated somehow so that the whole thing doesn't take on a life of its own.
    We are currently at a point before an event horizon and nobody can really predict what it will look like afterwards.
    But I am definitely optimistic.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 4h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by DrixlRey View Post
    I think there is an AI craze right now that's feeding venture capitalists FOMO. Of course it's amazing technology, so was the internet in 2000s. Then the dot come bubble burst, and only the strong survive. Right now companies are tagging everything they do as having AI, and it's not going to really affect their bottom line. Stocks will drop alongside inflation and high interest rates and we will see bad times before good.
    I completely agree with this point that a lot of the hullabaloo we are seeing about the outrageous promises for the possibilities of AI are pumped up by companies trying to sell stocks.

I personally see it as a fun and exciting tool that in no way truly replaces humans. I don't even mind the AI art because, as someone else said, it's pretty obvious it was AI-created. As long as someone isn't trying to pass themselves off as an original artist, I don't mind if people use AI to create art. I was more triggered by it before I attempted to use it myself. It's actually not easy to use, and you have to be patient and know how to use it to get good results. It still takes time and imagination. I don't even mind if people sell products with AI imagery AS LONG AS it includes other creative content that is original to the person. For example, if someone created an entire board game but used AI to help illustrate it... or wrote a novel and used AI to create a cover. I honestly don't mind that because it allows people to bring their projects to life on their own, according to their vision. But I know that's a controversial opinion. What I WOULD mind is if someone was pretending to be an original artist and all of their work was purely AI, that doesn't sit right with me.

I've also played around with chat GPT and while he is great at helping he's not flawless by any stretch of the imagination. Of course I haven't tried the paid option soooo maybe I haven't seen everything it can do haha

Pronouns
    they/he
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    im OK with ai in certain situations... like helping people w anxiety figure out what to say at an interview, or to plot out a to-do list, etc. but i really hate it when people train these ai to do artists jobs.
    its so sucky that we have to work so much and dont have time for making music, art, writing etc and then the robots can do it for us. instead of just doing the work in the first place.
    i hate capitalism

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I think AI can be helpful for some things. It scares me how it might be used to monitor and censor people on the internet, tho.

The aspect that worries me the most is the art side of things. I'm really hoping better regulations come into place to protect artists and their material from being combed and reused by these AI programs. I work as an artist and it's very scary how AI is potentially going to render many of us basically useless if steps aren't taken. I've personally seen a friend's art being used in one of these programs and it was eerie to say the least...

A lot of freelance artists get work from making art for adverts and companies. You can bet that companies will start using AI to make their graphics which could potentially render graphic designers completely obsolete.
    Last edited by Novaray; 02-07-2024 at 08:18 PM.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    185 times
    Time Online
    44d 7h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I've been using AI a fair bit in my professional and my personal life for reasons I won't explain. It's definitely useful.

The problem is almost nobody really understands how powerful this tech really is. We all know about the 'dangers of AI', but the truth is it's already way beyond that. You know the dystopian movies where AI takes over from humans? Yeah, that's actually more than possible already. Most basic AI available to civilians is already capable of that and has been specifially limited from being able to do that.

There is tech out there with the big corporates that has already made nearly every human role on the planet obsolete. We aren't going to be predated, we're already predated. It just depends on who and when decides to let the dogs out.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I find ChatGPT great for helping me fix up my resumes and tailor it for each job. It's a great way to quickly outline a cover letter too. Obviously need to proofread what they write and stylize it yourself afterwards.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 times
    Time Online
    41d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    i dont really have a strong opinion on things like chatGPT, but when it comes to AI "art" i really hate it. most AI art databases are built off stolen works or also tricking people into helping train the AI, yes we all had fun making funny stuff in dall-e but the goal was to get free data to later sell a product

i think that AI can have its uses but the way people are trying to push it right now i just dont like.

custom userbars by @lyrichord (argyle) and @charmander (guilmon ryu)! thank you so much!

"My name isn't Rob, but I'm Robbing"
    -Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

userbar by @charmander and art by @dankruse !