15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

Discord locked me out help?

Discord has decided I'm now requiring phone verification despite having a 6 year old account. It is completely random, out of nowhere, and just happened to me. I do not own a phone number and cannot afford one. Trying to use a landline, or even google phone services did not work and they block that.

the only thing I found is that they don't verify european phone numbers as fake or not. So, I got back in for a bit with a free SMS set in france. Problem is someone else will just take the number shortly after leaving you locked back out because you can't simply just add one then remove it, it has to stay on there.

Discord is claiming I flagged the system, won't tell me how or why, and won't work with me on using a landline and just keeps saying "yeah we checked and you did" won't elaborate, I keep to myself on discord for the most part so I absolutely didn't do anything to warrant this.

Literally I just talk to my family, my partner, and a couple friends and that's really all I do anymore.

Is there ANY solution? I tried making a new account and that was instantly locked too. Is there any kind of number service I can use to keep my account? A way to spoof around it?

Seriously I don't even use a VPN on discord or anything,

there's nothing that would have or should have flagged this and I literally cannot voice chat with my partner or my family until this is resolved and I am genuinely crying in panic rn.

edit: I have 2fa but it's not linked to a phone number.
    Last edited by Synth Salazzle; 12-13-2022 at 11:56 PM.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 10h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I've had issues with discord while using a VPN related to phone number verification because I have multiple accounts but you can't share phone numbers between them, which is frustrating considering they clearly understand that people have multiple accounts with the switcher. I did some searching and I saw somebody on reddit a month ago recommending TextNow, but not sure how viable it is as a long-term solution, but might be worth looking into?

I get that they need to combat spam and other abuse, but this causes so many problems.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (12-14-2022)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    I've had issues with discord while using a VPN related to phone number verification because I have multiple accounts but you can't share phone numbers between them, which is frustrating considering they clearly understand that people have multiple accounts with the switcher. I did some searching and I saw somebody on reddit a month ago recommending TextNow, but not sure how viable it is as a long-term solution, but might be worth looking into?

I get that they need to combat spam and other abuse, but this causes so many problems.
    Problem is I used a temp number like that already, someone else delinked it from my account and used it for theirs, and I was instantly locked back out. They're forcing me to KEEP the number on record for... Whatever reason? I'm genuinely panicking. I'm in a long term LDR and this is what I use to talk to my partner and I was locked very very suddenly with no real reason other than discord saying they refuse to tell me why

My contributions:
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    706 times
    Time Online
    83d 14h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Can you just get a cheap prepaid phone and use it for emergencies? It is good to have a point of contact when you’re out and about anyways, so that you can call for help if you need it.

Also I had a friend also get locked out seemingly out of the blue, no rhyme or reason. They were able to unlock it via email, I think? But it did make them switch to phone number, as the issue was not having access to an email address I believe.

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    Can you just get a cheap prepaid phone and use it for emergencies? It is good to have a point of contact when you’re out and about anyways, so that you can call for help if you need it.

Also I had a friend also get locked out seemingly out of the blue, no rhyme or reason. They were able to unlock it via email, I think? But it did make them switch to phone number, as the issue was not having access to an email address I believe.
    I have exactly 36 cents in my bank account. Payment for anything isn't an option unless someone's kind enough to let me pay in pokefarm, flight rising, or remix some music for them in return for a phone number.

I am talking to discord support on email, so they do have my email and it's on record, but they're not helpful at all and just keep telling me I need a phone number, when I used a fake one it worked but someone else claimed it very quickly and I was back at square one.

they keep telling me I did something to flag, will not elaborate and tells me they aren't allowed to and that they won't even accept a landline from me which is all I have. I tried signing up for google voice even using said landline but it was pointless cus they don't accept non real numbers.

the only things I did tonight were send a picture of my dad's shirt to my partner, and look at my ban list. That's it. That's all I did then boom verification.

My contributions:
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    58d 4h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    I can maybe see if one of my old highschool phones has a number you can have. I never use it anymore - I merely keep it as a backup incase my current phone breaks but it only works connected to my wifi. It's dead atm and somewhere in my draw (Its also late here) but send me a PM and I can check tomorrow once it's charged and see if the number is different than my current phone number so you can use it for discord.

Really hating discord pushing the phone number bullshit. Isn't an email enough?

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 10h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthbass View Post
    Problem is I used a temp number like that already, someone else delinked it from my account and used it for theirs, and I was instantly locked back out. They're forcing me to KEEP the number on record for... Whatever reason? I'm genuinely panicking. I'm in a long term LDR and this is what I use to talk to my partner and I was locked very very suddenly with no real reason other than discord saying they refuse to tell me why
    Oh shit, that really throws a wrench into it. Yeah, I don't totally understand how those services work, but definitely not useful if they can just be reclaimed and reused. I'm really stumped right now, but if I think of anything, I'll hop back in here.

Having your primary form of communication suddenly cut off like that is genuinely distressing, especially with no explanation. Just wanted to reassure that feeling.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    Oh shit, that really throws a wrench into it. Yeah, I don't totally understand how those services work, but definitely not useful if they can just be reclaimed and reused. I'm really stumped right now, but if I think of anything, I'll hop back in here.

Having your primary form of communication suddenly cut off like that is genuinely distressing, especially with no explanation. Just wanted to reassure that feeling.
    We can still talk through text, but as far as voicing and video go it's a no go. Steam's client is awful for voice chat, and I'm banned from making calls on facebook for another 3 weeks because I mocked nazis. I wish I was joking about that. It's the worst timing EVER.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Update: I'm going to talk to my partner in the morning and see what we can come up with. I will update the thread if we find a solution.

That said I am such an anxious mess I cannot stop throwing up and I am going to try to just relax and rest for a bit, I will check back in the morning.

Thank you to everyone in the thread and DMs trying to help, it really really made me feel better not being alone in this mess.

My contributions:
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

kittyray (12-14-2022),Lyrichord (12-14-2022)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Final update: My partner is a saint because I had a full scale meltdown in his DMs while he was sleeping and said he only uses discord for voice chatting with me anyway and said I can use his number on discord full time. Thank you all so much for helping me deal with such a stressful and unknown situation, problem is 100% solved

My contributions:
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (12-14-2022),DarkSkies (12-14-2022),kittyray (12-14-2022),Totodile (12-14-2022)