Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    9d 20h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m

Gaming Laptop/Computer Recommendations

Hello! I currently have a 2015 Macbook Air, and I am running out of space. I believe I have the 128GB one.

I mostly play the Sims 4. I have most of.the expansion packs, and I download Mods and custom content.

Does anyone have any recommendations of laptops/desktops with more memory? I'll probably have to get a new one soon.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaenyra View Post
    Hello! I currently have a 2015 Macbook Air, and I am running out of space. I believe I have the 128GB one.

I mostly play the Sims 4. I have most of.the expansion packs, and I download Mods and custom content.

Does anyone have any recommendations of laptops/desktops with more memory? I'll probably have to get a new one soon.
    If you don't necessarily need a laptop for mobility, a desktop is always going to be better for gaming as the parts can be changed with the times.

I'm not sure how it is where you live but I visit computer shops that can custom build it based on my own specifications.
    If you're unsure, just search for gaming computer builds online, then search the parts separately till you get the cost and then bring it to the shop for them to get it fixed for you, if it's within your budget.

1. CPU Case (Any with good fan and wind ventilation)
    2. CPU/Motherboard
    3. SSD/HDD (Rule of thumb: SSD for start-up + games you play, HDD for everything else)
    4. RAM 16-32 GB should be more than enough
    5. Graphics Card
    6. Monitor

But if you're going for a laptop, search for any gaming laptop I guess. ASUS has always been well known for gaming.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (12-11-2022),Rhaenyra (12-11-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    37d 19h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Hello!

In the meantime if you want to free up some space from your TS4 Folder you can do below ^^

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Juna For This Useful Post:

Rhaenyra (12-11-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    705 times
    Time Online
    83d 12h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I may be biased, but get a good desktop.

If you’re not into building a PC yourself, you can buy a prebuilt one or you can get someone to build it for you. I bought a Starter Plus prebuilt PC from NZXT almost two years ago. It’s perfect for me, and it’s easily upgradable down the road!

I also play a lot of TS4 with mods and CC. As mentioned, get a PC that has a decent sized SSD and HDD (you can always add HDD later too, which is what I did!). For RAM you’ll only need 16GB unless you also do heavy video/image processing/editing or mining. GPU prices are all over the place, but a mid grade one is all you really need if you only play TS4!

Basically, get a desktop. They’re easy to upgrade and customize. You don’t need to spend a lot to get a good PC. The price you’d pay on a new MacBook, you can EASILY get a nice gaming PC.

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

♥ Juna ♥ (12-11-2022),Rhaenyra (12-11-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    9d 20h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Juna View Post
    Hello!

In the meantime if you want to free up some space from your TS4 Folder you can do below ^^
    I probably won't go with a Mac if I go the laptop option. Maybe it's because I have an older model, but it has always felt outdated to me. It also kinda sucks with Microsoft Word, PP, Excel, etc. The updates do take up a ton of memory, and I can't update mine ever again.

Thank you so much for the recommendation! I don’t have that many mods and cc, compared to what you said you have. But It would be nice to have something "big" enough to hold all of my Sims 4 stuff, possibly Sims 3, and definitely 5 when it comes out.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 8h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Macs are not built for gaming. I know Alienware has some good gaming laptops, but some companies seem to try and sell the looks of the laptop more than the specs. Just check the graphics card, RAM, etc and make sure they look good.

mothman userbar by @munna !!! <3
    venonat splice by me :3

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    37d 19h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaenyra View Post
    I probably won't go with a Mac if I go the laptop option. Maybe it's because I have an older model, but it has always felt outdated to me. It also kinda sucks with Microsoft Word, PP, Excel, etc. The updates do take up a ton of memory, and I can't update mine ever again.

Thank you so much for the recommendation! I don’t have that many mods and cc, compared to what you said you have. But It would be nice to have something "big" enough to hold all of my Sims 4 stuff, possibly Sims 3, and definitely 5 when it comes out.
    Yeah, for sure! I would definitely get one with 250 GB SSD (honestly even 500gb), if you're wanting to install all of those together! 5 looks like it'll come out in a couple years.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    9d 20h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown View Post
    If you don't necessarily need a laptop for mobility, a desktop is always going to be better for gaming as the parts can be changed with the times.

I'm not sure how it is where you live but I visit computer shops that can custom build it based on my own specifications.
    If you're unsure, just search for gaming computer builds online, then search the parts separately till you get the cost and then bring it to the shop for them to get it fixed for you, if it's within your budget.

1. CPU Case (Any with good fan and wind ventilation)
    2. CPU/Motherboard
    3. SSD/HDD (Rule of thumb: SSD for start-up + games you play, HDD for everything else)
    4. RAM 16-32 GB should be more than enough
    5. Graphics Card
    6. Monitor

But if you're going for a laptop, search for any gaming laptop I guess. ASUS has always been well known for gaming.
    Thank you for the list of "Parts" I would need. Building one is over my head. I'm from the USA, so I probably could find a place to do it for me.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I have a laptop, and it's starting to crap out on me now despite being a gaming laptop, and I don't have the space for a rig. So, I recommend if you don't need the space, just avoid going for a laptop if you want to use it for gaming because they'll crap out at random while an actual rig is more reliable. You wouldn't have to go nuts and drop thousands on a desktop if the most demanding game you play is sims 4.

I'd say take the time to look around for specs that can run sims 4 on high, and you'll have plenty of power for some other games too.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Hey there!
    I'll probably go with the desktop option too. That way you can keep updating it for a long time.
    And keep your Mac just to work or do basic stuff when you want to travel.