8/0
    Mentioned
    85 times
    Time Online
    27d 8h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkotiq View Post
    I think that the friend thing hits the hardest for me. It's one of my best memories of Neopets. Other than Clraik, I haven't really had a friend or friend group to play Neopets with since I was maybe 14. I remember me and my friends had a huge friend group and people were constantly being added. We were from all over the world but would meet up in an AIM chat any time we were online and even though none of us ever met, we were very close because of Neopets (we even used to all have each others phone #s too and this was back before cellphones and discord and such so you were giving your parents/grandparents house phone # lol)

I think besides the site generally being a mess, not having any true Neopets related friendships in years and years is another reason it's easy for me to just go on hiatus whenever I feel bored with it.
    Honestly, I feel this a lot. I think the time (at least in adulthood) when I stayed on Neo the longest was when I had actual friends who played it too! I met two other players on the boards who were really fun and it totally clicked between us, and we did the sneaky add each other on Facebook through a petpage image thing. We stayed close for ages, and then one girl eventually dropped off as her life got busy. The other friendship stayed strong though, and we were close for years and years! I even got to drive down to her uni and meet her IRL, which was absolutely wild. Unfortunately some really rough stuff happened to her and the friendship just didn't last through it. I miss the good times we used to have, and Neopets is definitely not the same without that friendship element. Makes it really easy to drop off.

I also feel bad saying this, but I've never really been able to connect properly with the cK community? It feels like there are a lot of unspoken social rules that I could never quite pick up on, and I just ended up as a lurker in the end after a bunch of people I was friendly with ended up banned or left/went on hiatus after a bunch of drama several years back. It was definitely easier that way. (Also I'm almost certain I got kicked from the Discord for being annoying and asking too many questions lmao, I was pretty upset at the time but now it's just hilarious)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Winona For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-08-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 19h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by mothmen View Post
    It's so nice that you have a connection with people here <3 I used to be part of the tumblr neo community but that seemed to have a lot of drama all the time so I ended up ducking out after a bit.

Here on cK it's so nice... when you are gone for a bit people welcome you back immediately, and there is more to talk about on here than just neo. It's a good space to be in if you want that company.

Also that is CRAZY about your friend haha! Have you tried reconnecting at all?
    I never really tried Tumblr ):
    Well... did, but for different reasons lol

But I 100% stand by it! the people here are just so much more welcoming, honest and wonderful. We're all here because we enjoy not only Neo, but the community here!

Oh, and you know? I haven't tried. Im sure her number is different now, and her account hasn't logged on in for so long. I still have her added though!
    ...I use to have her on FB, but this conversation made me want to look her up. Seems she deleted me from there ):

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-08-2022)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 4h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    I never really tried Tumblr ):
    Well... did, but for different reasons lol

But I 100% stand by it! the people here are just so much more welcoming, honest and wonderful. We're all here because we enjoy not only Neo, but the community here!

Oh, and you know? I haven't tried. Im sure her number is different now, and her account hasn't logged on in for so long. I still have her added though!
    ...I use to have her on FB, but this conversation made me want to look her up. Seems she deleted me from there ):
    tbf if it was a long time i probably would have deleted people too haha, I think in the last 10 years ive swept my friends list a bunch. Maybe re-adding and reaching out would be a good step if you wanted to reconnect!!

the tumblr neopets community was really fun but very volatile i think... i enjoyed it but had to leave once that was the thing that made me want to quit neo, and I actually ended up here after that!

mothman userbar by @munna !!! <3
    venonat splice by me :3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mothman For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-08-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 15h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I might not be the best to answer this question since I have never stopped playing, even during that like full year that the site was extremely laggy.

-When did you first start Neopets?
    1999, the art was awful and I loved it.

-How often are your comebacks?(or have you never left?)
    I never left; neopets has always been a go-to hobby for me.

-How long do your comebacks usually last?
    I do go through phases of playing, interacting a lot, and entering contests, etc. vs. just doing my dailies. I'd say 50% of the time in the summer it is just dailies and then during the more depressing winter months I play more often.

-Do you play the same account every come back (if you can help it) or do you like to start fresh?
    Without saying too much, I am still playing on a very old account that has been mine for... quite awhile.

-What usually makes you go back on hiatus after a comeback?
    Fucking bullshit inflation and shitty site "redesign" come to mind.

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chii3d For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (12-12-2022),Narkotiq (12-08-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    9d 20h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    I started playing in the mid 2000s. I would play nearly every day as a kid for a few years. Then I took a few years off, then I came back, then I took a few years off, then I came back. I've been playing every day consistently for the past 3 years. I've probably spent more time away then actually playing.

I've always had the same main account.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhaenyra For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-09-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 19h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by chii3d View Post
    I might not be the best to answer this question since I have never stopped playing, even during that like full year that the site was extremely laggy.

-When did you first start Neopets?
    1999, the art was awful and I loved it.

-How often are your comebacks?(or have you never left?)
    I never left; neopets has always been a go-to hobby for me.

-How long do your comebacks usually last?
    I do go through phases of playing, interacting a lot, and entering contests, etc. vs. just doing my dailies. I'd say 50% of the time in the summer it is just dailies and then during the more depressing winter months I play more often.

-Do you play the same account every come back (if you can help it) or do you like to start fresh?
    Without saying too much, I am still playing on a very old account that has been mine for... quite awhile.

-What usually makes you go back on hiatus after a comeback?
    Fucking bullshit inflation and shitty site "redesign" come to mind.
    The Redesign is actually what made a friend of mine not want to play Neo.
    I talked her into playing a few years back, and she seemed to like it. She was SUPER into NC and dressing up her pets, as she loved to do glams in FFXIV.

But when they started to mess with the site, she hated it and stopped playing ):
    I was gonna hit her with an UC or some NPs/NC to see if she would stay, but she didnt want it.

It was actually around that time I took a long break as well.
    For a time, I thought I wouldnt come back.

But here I am lol IT PULLED ME BACK IN!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

chii3d (12-12-2022),Narkotiq (12-12-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    13h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    -When did you first start Neopets? Y2K
    -How often are your comebacks?(or have you never left?) Every 2 years or so.
    -How long do your comebacks usually last? Maybe about 6 months.
    -Do you play the same account every come back (if you can help it) or do you like to start fresh? Yes, I continue with my old account. And my sides
    -What usually makes you go back on hiatus after a comeback? TNT's utter inability to run the site properly.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    13h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I tend to go on long hiatuses when I get frustrated by the site. I always come back though, usually when I have a good idea for a new OC that I want to make.

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Hey there! I think I started in neopets in 2008, I actually recovered that account after it being frozen. But I'm not using it anymore.
    I use to love Neo and played a lot, but at the time I was 13 years old and I didn't have a clue about what I was doing.
    Then I think I doscovered ck in 2013 but oh my god, I was telling everyone my username and asking for free stuff, lol, but shortly after that I was frozen again and I just left neo "forever"

Buuuut when covid striked, I was kind of bored and returned to neo. I bougth a shell with nothing but some years on it and started building things up.
    I haven't left since that, but I'm not very active, I just do my dailies and that's all. When the AC is on I stay very active all the time.