Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are some of your favorite gaming moments?

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 21h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m

What are some of your favorite gaming moments?

Favorite Gaming Moments?

Hello all!
    Do you have a favorite moment in your gaming journey?
    An event that sticks with you?
    Or maybe even a memory that sticks with you while playing a game?

I think it will be fun to share some of those moments!

One of mine is way back during the original Animal Crossing for the GameCube lol
    It was New Years Eve and we had a ton of family over for the event. I really dont like being around people, so I was able to sneak away from everyone and just went into my room pretty early on.
    I played Animal Crossing during that time and was so excited because of the New Years event. It was getting to the last minute and my Mom comes into my room asking where I've been and why I wasn't spending time with my family.
    I told her that I didnt feel comfortable with everyone there and I just wanted to play my game.

I thought she was going to get upset and yell at me to come back outside, but she ended up sitting next to me as the countdown got closer.
    As we reached the final 10 sec, I remember her counting down with me while we both watched the screen and its countdown. When it hit New Years she gave me a hug and told me that she loves me.

Now, my games clock wasn't really set correctly lol So the REAL countdown was just a min or two after mine. But I still just stayed in my room and played as I heard everyone do the real one.

But that was such a warm moment for me.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Alister (12-06-2022),Ariealle (12-07-2022),Buizel (12-06-2022),elie (12-07-2022),Ice (12-06-2022),♥ Juna ♥ (12-06-2022),Slowpoke (12-06-2022),Zenitsu (12-06-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    37d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    That's such a heartwearming memory!!
    I too just liked to seclude myself in my room and play my games. Still do.
    My favorite gaming moment is probably the day I met my boyfriend on League of Legends (haha). He was a friend of my best friend's crush at the time. After talking and playing for a couple of weeks we admitted our feelings to each other but at the time, we were very young, and I had a situation in my life where I just couldn't date him realistically.
    Fast forward 5 years, we rekindle and are back to playing LoL and other games practically every day. We eventually start dating long distance, Canada/US, 3,000 miles.
    I moved to him, now we live together and have our cute lil baby girl puppy, Juna, and have been dating for almost 4 years!!
    The feeling of falling love while also playing all your favorite games with that person is wonderful.

Last edited by Juna; 12-06-2022 at 05:42 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juna For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (12-06-2022),Ice (12-06-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 21h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Juna View Post
    That's such a heartwearming memory!!
    I too just liked to seclude myself in my room and play my games. Still do.
    My favorite gaming moment is probably the day I met my boyfriend on League of Legends (haha). He was a friend of my best friend's crush at the time. After talking and playing for a couple of weeks we admitted our feelings to each other but at the time, we were very young, and I had a situation in my life where I just couldn't date him realistically.
    Fast forward 5 years, we rekindle and are back to playing LoL and other games practically every day. We eventually start dating long distance, Canada/US, 3,000 miles.
    I moved to him, now we live together and have our cute lil baby girl puppy, Juna, and have been dating for almost 4 years!!
    The feeling of falling love while also playing all your favorite games with that person is wonderful.

Aw! That is so wonderful for you both! It's so amazing when stuff like that happens!
    I have a friend that actually met her husband on WoW! They've been together for about 10 years now and have 3 wonderful kids

Im super happy to hear that you both were able to rekindle after 5 years as well!

Oh, speaking of! I still need to bug you both on OSRS one day lol
    Once I can get my sub back up

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 6h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    oh gosh so many good memories are tied up in games for me.

favorite general memories with friends and family

• being 7 years old and running to announce to my dad I had cleared the skeleton room in Eye of the Beholder (which is actually only on the second level but this was a huge accomplishment at the time)
    • I wish I'd kept a tally of how many times my brother and I blew up the Eiffel Tower and blew off the Statue of Liberty's clothes in Twisted Metal 2
    • deathmatch in GoldenEye 007, no further explanation needed??
    • coming home from track practice in high school and flying through my homework so my dad, brother, and I could have a StarCraft LAN party
    • weekly Thursday night Champions Night in college, where all my roommates and I got together to play Champions: Return to Arms, including the roommate who had never played a video game in her life. New generational blood feuds created among a few of us thanks to Champions having free-for-all dropped loot instead of it being assigned to a specific player

favorite video game story moments

• encountering Mewtwo in Pokemon Blue blew my fucking mind
    • encountering Lance in Pokemon Silver blew my fucking mind
    • Red Dead Redemption 2: A Quiet Time made me laugh until I cried
    • Yakuza 0, every second of the game but especially the reveal about Awano ***minor spoilers ahead** Awano being introduced as the lieutenant all about luxury and golf and fancy clothes, out there using a gun like a total wimp while Kuze's beating Kiryu down with a piece of pipe...and then comes the fight with Majima

and my single proudest video game moment ever:

beating Nightmare King Grimm in Hollow Knight. In that moment, I felt more triumphant than I ever have in any sport I've played, contest I've won, or promotion I received
    Last edited by Alister; 12-06-2022 at 06:21 PM.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-07-2022),Bulbasaur (12-06-2022)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    354d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Maybe this is just me, but I had a mind blown moment throughout each trial when I first played each Dangonronpa games. When all the clues come together, it surprised me each and every time, and that feeling always stuck with me haha. Playing each game held great moments for me.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (12-06-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    16d 7h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Playing Halo:Reach with the squad after school and on the weekends. Playing Infection, Swat, Invasion, Big Team Battle and Custom games.

How I wish I could go back in time and relive those times they haven't logged online for years.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dream Weaver For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (12-06-2022)

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 22m
    I remember playing the Lego starwars games with my dad! When I grew up a little more we went to play Borderlands together. We don't play games together much anymore but we do watch each other play still

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Totodile For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (12-06-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 21h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    oh gosh so many good memories are tied up in games for me.

favorite general memories with friends and family

• being 7 years old and running to announce to my dad I had cleared the skeleton room in Eye of the Beholder (which is actually only on the second level but this was a huge accomplishment at the time)
    • I wish I'd kept a tally of how many times my brother and I blew up the Eiffel Tower and blew off the Statue of Liberty's clothes in Twisted Metal 2
    • deathmatch in GoldenEye 007, no further explanation needed??
    • coming home from track practice in high school and flying through my homework so my dad, brother, and I could have a StarCraft LAN party
    • weekly Thursday night Champions Night in college, where all my roommates and I got together to play Champions: Return to Arms, including the roommate who had never played a video game in her life. New generational blood feuds created among a few of us thanks to Champions having free-for-all dropped loot instead of it being assigned to a specific player

favorite video game story moments

• encountering Mewtwo in Pokemon Blue blew my fucking mind
    • encountering Lance in Pokemon Silver blew my fucking mind
    • Red Dead Redemption 2: A Quiet Time made me laugh until I cried
    • Yakuza 0, every second of the game but especially the reveal about Awano ***minor spoilers ahead** Awano being introduced as the lieutenant all about luxury and golf and fancy clothes, out there using a gun like a total wimp while Kuze's beating Kiryu down with a piece of pipe...and then comes the fight with Majima

and my single proudest video game moment ever:

beating Nightmare King Grimm in Hollow Knight. In that moment, I felt more triumphant than I ever have in any sport I've played, contest I've won, or promotion I received
    Oh my word, that Lance fight! I remember back in Red/Blue (I had Blue) my heart was racing as I was trying to fight him. I was on that damn Dragonite and struggling when I first fought him.
    I was so scared because my Pokemon were only like lv 50-52 lol I was NOT ready for this fight.

As for an emotional time, one moment that stuck out was in FFXIV when there was a certain Quest to where we heard past friends as we walked to a boss fight.
    Oh my word just thinking about it gets me emotional lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Weaver View Post
    Playing Halo:Reach with the squad after school and on the weekends. Playing Infection, Swat, Invasion, Big Team Battle and Custom games.

How I wish I could go back in time and relive those times they haven't logged online for years.
    I remember playing the first Halo with my brothers and just having a blast with it!
    Just yelling and being like "Oh, dude! How did you do that!? That was sick!" lol
    Last edited by Bulbasaur; 12-06-2022 at 10:14 PM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    37d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Aw! That is so wonderful for you both! It's so amazing when stuff like that happens!
    I have a friend that actually met her husband on WoW! They've been together for about 10 years now and have 3 wonderful kids

Im super happy to hear that you both were able to rekindle after 5 years as well!

Oh, speaking of! I still need to bug you both on OSRS one day lol
    Once I can get my sub back up
    That’s amazing! I’ve heard lots of love stories stemming from WoW. I’m happy too ~

Tbh I haven’t logged in since that day we spoke of it. LOL. I do want to do the Christmas event though and the anniversary event coming up bc there’s a cosmetic I want.
    But if you commit to a membership, I will too.

Also I have another favorite memory I just remembered.
    Back when I was a kid I didn’t have a internet and had to go to the library.
    That’s where I discovered Neopets and RuneScape. I saw other people playing them. I’d go to the library every day for that measly one hour they give you, haha.
    It was the struggle back then, but those were simpler, fun times. I miss them.
    Last edited by Juna; 12-07-2022 at 09:52 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Juna For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (12-07-2022)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 8m