Thread: Tips on buying NC for a new user?

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    13d 22h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m

Tips on buying NC for a new user?

Hey guys! I’m new here (I hope I’m posting this okay) and would love to splurge on my next paycheck. Trading in the NCC is super hard so I’d love to buy NC items for my pets instead. Do you guys have any tips for first-time buyers?
    Also I have a question! Is it okay to put the items on your pets, or will people be suspicious if they haven’t seen you on the NCC with your new shiny items? Thanks guys!! ♥︎

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 4h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    @(you need an account to see links) Yeah, wrong section. Neopets Trades is not where you ask questions. I moved this to a more appropriate section for you.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

3. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Cocobutter (12-03-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    13d 22h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    Oh no, I’m so sorry! Thank you very much for doing that, sorry again

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    36d 1h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    59m
    Hey! Buying NC is so much fun, I love getting the customs I want without any of the hassle

I would recommend checking our trades section and checking user feedback on sellers, the system is really handy and helps you feel comfortable. Most sellers prefer the friends and family option on PayPal, so maybe get that set up if you haven’t already.

When I buy I pretty much doll my pets up immediately and haven’t had any issues— but my neoboard presence is pretty minimal. You might have a slightly different experience if you’re a well known user, but tbh I think even then you’ll mostly be fine. People seem way more focused on UCs and pets than NC items, for the most part!

Pomi the Ryu
    amazing userbar by lyrichord

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orbit For This Useful Post:

Cocobutter (12-03-2022),Houndoom (12-06-2022),Zenitsu (12-03-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    13d 22h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    Thanks so much Orbit! Yeah, NCC trading is seriously no fun, it’s a hassle dealing with trying to trade and also having plenty of boxes all the time. :c
    I’m not Neo famous or anything (lol), but I do appear on a few boards a few times a week. Thanks a lot for the help, it does make me feel a lot more comfortable

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cocobutter For This Useful Post:

Orbit (12-03-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    NC is very safe tbh. As @(you need an account to see links) mentioned check the itrader (you can see on their profile) to verify they're a reliable one.

Almost everyone here use Paypal. Just ask the items to be sent to a shell to protect your identity, and then you can move them from the shell to whatever account you need.

I sometimes wait a few days, sometimes move same day. But mostly nothing to worry about! All my experiences have been good and it's a relief to know you don't have to endless bumping a board or look for an impossible wish.

Another thing is don't go screaming what you got on boards. You should be fine

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Cocobutter (12-03-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    13d 22h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    Thank you so much @(you need an account to see links)! (Does mentioning work this way?? Sorry I am SUCH a noob)[br]
    That’s great advice, thanks so much! I’m totally new at cheating so I wouldn’t have thought to use a shell account. I will definitely do that! (And yes, definitely keeping it private instead of telling everyone what I just got lol) Thanks a lot for your help!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cocobutter For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (12-03-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocobutter View Post
    Thank you so much @(you need an account to see links)! (Does mentioning work this way?? Sorry I am SUCH a noob)[br]
    That’s great advice, thanks so much! I’m totally new at cheating so I wouldn’t have thought to use a shell account. I will definitely do that! (And yes, definitely keeping it private instead of telling everyone what I just got lol) Thanks a lot for your help!
    No problem and yeah you did well the mention thing :3

Have fun customizing

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 1h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I personally don't buy NC, just because 90% of it is cosmetics and already I have a hard time landing on a Neopet configuration that I like. That said, if you're also in the game for some good stats, I have used my NC I receive free from TNT to buy the Faerie Quest Fortune Cookies. One cookie alone runs for a full 9 days, giving you a guaranteed random faerie quest daily for those 9 days. It may be random which faerie gives you a quest, but some of the faeries give you chunky stat boosts, free dips in the Rainbow Pool (worth a lot nowadays considering the inflation of Paint Brush prices), and discounts from the hidden Faerie Tower.

For me, compared to something cosmetic that I may ultimately get tired of and want to change, the fortune cookies give me a permanent stat change or allow me to change my pet's colour at my own leisure. There are also cookies to allow you to use the Lab Ray or some other locked things for a few days. I personally haven't bought those yet because I've run into 5 of the map pieces already and I'm a bit scared that zapping my pet will change the one build I like. Either way, the lab ray in general is locked behind probably what is about a million NP in costs for the map pieces nowadays, so it's also a good way to use the ray without a massive NP investment. A big reason why I aim for the actual map pieces for the Lab as well is that it will also unlock the Secret PetPet Laboratory as long as you have its map pieces (absolutely dirt cheap in comparison). My pet I don't really want to risk changing with the ray, but I'll happily blast a PetPet daily. I've heard of people scoring the mighty rare Kadoatie eventually as well, and one hit of that alone could net you an instant 10 million NP+ nowadays.

So yeah, I'd say stick to the other fortune cookies in general if you're after stats or potential rare items. Remember that when you join Neopets, you get some NC, and recently they gave out a handful more as part of a celebration. It's all about considering the balance: do you instantly want the gratification of some of the items? You'll have to fork over some real money for the NC. Otherwise, if you trickle in the bonuses TNT occasionally hands out, then you can still get some nice benefits without paying.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    188 times
    Time Online
    84d 20h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    Buying NC is probably the safest thing you could buy imo, since people gift each other NC items all the time, whether through legit trading or other legit means. When I bought NC items, I personally still had items sent to my unlinked/anonymous sides (and then I bought boxes to transfer to my main after a while), but I've had really good experiences with some sellers who have been around for a long time so I tend to trust them a little bit more and once or twice had them send to my actual side. Whatever makes you feel comfortable is the best method! I'll also echo the above posters that if you're not on the boards a lot (e.g. being very public like trading your new NC), no one will really notice.

And also welcome to ck