Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buyable OG Dyework items. What do you think?

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    For me, I just dont like how they put the items in the mall for all the values to tank.

We do have less people on the site (a lot less lol), so having items RR to help those people get some items is nice. But I just feel that it should have been in some type of cap for a CHANCE at the item.
    While I do agree that we shouldn't be spending $100 on ONE NC item, I still think that items should have some type of value to them. With these things now in the mall, they are just went down to 1-2 caps in just 1 day lol

As for people who want to show off NC JUST because its high value, I think its good to now be able to customize off what we like and not because of the value.
    I learned that years ago after AC Wig was RR lol I traded for that when it was SUPER high, and just a few weeks after...it was RR Since then I tried to keep my item values below 20 (aside from a few items around 30)

All in all, Im happy that we can get these items, but I just think it should have been done differently than just putting them in the mall.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    27d 9h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    As someone who merely dabbles with NC, I am thrilled! I returned from a long hiatus and didn't have the funds previously to participate in NC. Upon my recent return I decided to get into customizing my pets and found trading pretty inhibitive given the valuing of older items. This makes it easier for newer or returning players to get “caught up” without spending potentially hundreds for a single custom.

I do feel for those who traded for the items in anticipation of the DW release though… I think TNT could’ve done a much better job in handling it (or even communicating it at all lol).

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    For me, I just dont like how they put the items in the mall for all the values to tank.
    Quite frankly I'm the opposite. We shouldn't have to pay 30-50+ cap value for ANYTHING in the NC mall - its stupid. NCers are just the same as NP users; hoarding to inflate.

For example; Smiling Eye Contacts. Have been steadily at 4-5 since they we're released and only just now been in demand, trading at 7+ (Some as most at 10). People have admitted to having (20) of these contacts to trade when value goes up and honestly I'm sick and fucking tired of it. As someone who cannot afford the luxury to buy NC too much and or has pretty items to trade; i say its a pretty smart & dumb move by TNT to make these items buyable. If they continue to go this route for the next dyeworks then I sincerely hope they put in Cherry Blossom Garland, Shop Specs & more to tank the values of those items.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Totodile For This Useful Post:

Mothman (12-02-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    13h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I’m going to put my City in Space BG up for trade pretty cheap, waiting for the panic to die down a bit though so I don’t come across as opportunistic. I think it’s ridiculous to expect anyone to pay 250$ IRL dollars for an item that could be devalued down to 5$ in a week. I was hoping to trade for a few HTF items, but I don’t want people to have to clear their closets out to trade only to have stuff immediately devalued.

Meanwhile TNT still has not responded to my ticket about my Neopian Times Background disappearing from the custom on one of my pets…dear TNT, can you stop rereleasing items for like five minutes and respond to my ticket? 😭😭😭

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    42d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I am happy about it but i wish they chose other items. some of the ones they chose aren't even wintery

7. The Following User Says Thank You to oventoast For This Useful Post:

Mothman (12-02-2022)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 8h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by oventoast View Post
    I am happy about it but i wish they chose other items. some of the ones they chose aren't even wintery
    True, I wonder if they just kind of shrugged and went with the survey results. The tousled wig isn't wintery at all... At least Caylis wig is white and wintery in that way.
    Hoping for the same scheme in the spring and crossing my fingers for a CBG release

mothman userbar by @munna !!! <3
    venonat splice by me :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    16d 3h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    I get people feeling miffed about it if they spent a lot of time/money acquiring the items and then got blindsided by this, but I also get people who were previously priced out feeling happy about it and also, well, that's life, sometimes you lose the sunk cost. All in all it's probably a net positive. The only hesitation I kinda agree with is the one about NC collectibles being included (especially if they ever DW collectible bonuses in the future) since I can see the perspective that those items have an implicit (or was it ever made explicit?) contract that they're snooze-you-loose too-bad-so-sad items never meant to RR. But even that's not the end of the world.

On a tangentially related note, I would love it if they they NP RR'ed Meridell Background like they did Haunted Woods Background since that's the only one of those customization beta backgrounds I like. Or Theatre Curtains, my other never-to-be-obtained NP customization wish (or make an NC dupe!).

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    678 times
    Time Online
    213d 18h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 32m
    Thank you for the thread, I would have never realized otherwise. This is amazing news! I'm also a casual NC person. The move feels in line with TNT trying to keep more $ in the house.

Pronouns
    he/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    26d 22h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Like a lot of others I was kinda upset initially, but it is what it is. I'm happy more people will be able to get items they like but I am very interested to see how the votes go for the next dyeworks poll. Mostly it just reminds me I'm better off buying my HTF wishes here than collecting fodder to try and trade on site!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    23d 22h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Ultimately, I am for anything that brings the site more revenue. This should've been done ages ago.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Archer For This Useful Post:

Totodile (12-03-2022)