DL/UL
    164/0
    Mentioned
    166 times
    Time Online
    59d 21h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    I've been an fan of the prizes this year. usually it's stuff I don't care for. Retired items, multiple collectables and paintbrushes. *chef's kiss* that's what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Hall; 12-24-2022 at 11:46 AM. Reason: honest I can spell

(you need an account to see links)

Thank you Hollow for the shiny Minior art!
    Thank you ♥ hearts ♥ for the shiny Minior pumpkin!
    Mint born 11/15/2020

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hall For This Useful Post:

♥ Rattata ♥ (12-24-2022)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    265 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSloth View Post
    i`m in a bitter sweet spot rn, i really wish they would give out the other two SV stamps even though i already have them, it just feels like torture giving only one of them and building such a huge hype around it.

On the token item i`m kinda excited and feeling it would be a bummer tbh, so many people with so many accounts nowadays that would unleash another `login in all possible account`day like it was with SSS with people collecting them in masses, but x100 since you'd be able to pick a item.

I really thing it was by far the best AC to ever exist and i hope tnt keep this pace in reintroducing items into the economy, whatever they have planned for us i`ll be happy even if it's just new random junk at this point xD
    I really really agree with you so much.

They killed any chances of people completing the SV album now that SS stamp was released because the other two will just be inflated into oblivion once AC ends.
    It's really so annoying that they chose to release an r99 instead of the r101 :\

I really hope the token thing happens. It'll bring down the prices of many items and it'll make more things affordable in the game.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

DrSloth (12-24-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    104 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Yes, I'm crossing my fingers for tomorrow's gift being the ticket

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown View Post
    Christmas paint brush! And a new seashell.

And... why do you think they should be excluded?
    Sorry for the late reply. I think that if an item is retired or an artifact it ought to actually be those things. If item rarity labels don't mean anything and any item can come back at any time, what's the point of the label? How is anyone supposed to make any NP off being a seller?

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    104 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
    Sorry for the late reply. I think that if an item is retired or an artifact it ought to actually be those things. If item rarity labels don't mean anything and any item can come back at any time, what's the point of the label? How is anyone supposed to make any NP off being a seller?
    I absolutely understand you, but I think neopia has a very serious inflation problem, we're only a certain users can afford a lot of things, and meanwhile the average users can't do anything.
    I mean, even for me that I'm a software-oriented-user(cheater) it's very difficult to get the cheapest stamps, I don't imagine a legit user accumulating 100m+ nps and spending all of that hard earned money into a single object.

So for me, introducing again some of those objects is a way to balance things.

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I think that retired items were more of a thing back when this game was still very much alive and new items were constantly being made which is why they barely ever retire anything other than NC now. I also don't think they were thinking 10-20 years into the future when they retired some of them. A lot of (Desirable/Useful) retired items are nowhere to be found even with collectors being around and the ones collectors have will never sell because no one will ever have that much NP, unless you cheat, in which case you'll buy the item and get frozen with it on your account thus killing another retired item forever. Retired also just means that it cannot be bought at a store, some retired items are still given via prizes like Faerie Paint Brush so giving retired items for Advent isn't too farfetched.

Inflation, cheating/hacking, and selfish people are the reason for rereleasing some items, otherwise those items would just be 10-20 year old memories for old players and new players will just hear legends of them. The inflators make it impossible to afford the items, the cheaters and hackers get frozen holding the items, and the selfish people hoard all these items in their SDB from everyone else so that they're the king or queen of X item and only they have it.

If Neopets were a newer game and the items were recently retired I could see why people would be upset by rereleasing them, but some items on Neopets were retired before a lot of the kid/teenaged players today were even born. (Isn't that crazy?)

Plus this game really doesn't have much time left (I mean it's not going to disappear tomorrow or anything but still). Even if they implement all the changes they talk about, they've lost so many players over the decades, they have next to no staff, the website hardly works, and it's a 20+yr old browser game living in the age of Fortnite and Roblox and whatever else people are playing these days + Neopets private servers coming out more often that are allegedly (I've never played one ) more fun than the real Neo. Might as well enjoy all the retired items from our childhood before it's all inevitably gone forever (or turns into a barren wasteland with 10 players that have 100 accounts each to make the game look fuller and more spread out than it actually is like some other old games) and words like Retired and Artifact won't matter anyways. At least that's how I look at it.
    Last edited by Narkotiq; 12-24-2022 at 06:36 PM.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    265 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    As many others have already said - these things meant something back in the day when the game had many users. With the current dwindling userbase as well as an influx of newer players, who in the world can earn enough NP to pay for retired items that have been inflated so much?

If items are retired or an artifact that should never be re-released, then it should be an item that does not hinder any progress (stamp avatars especially). If people come to this game and realize that they cannot clear certain achievements and collections, then what's the point of even playing? Coupled with the fact that flash games are down (even if they're up, how long do you have to play to earn a 100m?)

Items that were retired 20 years ago doesn't mean squat to people coming in to play now and getting blocked from progress by an item that costs a billion.

I'm not saying that TNT should release retired items point blank into the system via the AC where everyone gets one, but they should be released more often in smaller batches into circulation to help keep the price stable.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-24-2022)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 11h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Doesn't the "Retired" label only mean that those items don't restock in shops? It's a bit silly to not incorporate items like these back into the game. Some of these stamp prices are ridiculous, so sorry not sorry to the people who want them to stay at impossible prices.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (12-25-2022),Lyrichord (12-24-2022),Narkotiq (12-24-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    689 times
    Time Online
    216d 8h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    You find 4410 Neopoints!!!

You find a Roxtons Trusty Bowie Knife!!!

You also find a Judge Hog Cupcakes!!!

You also find a Holiday Lights Suit!!!

Something Has Happened!
    You are now eligible to use 'Christmas Aisha' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Unofficial stats for the weapon:
    Last edited by Lyrichord; 12-25-2022 at 03:13 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    59/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    23d 14h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Shit, how likely will it be you get caught if you collect the avatar on all your accounts?
    you talk to me you answer to my pig moomoo