Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Espurr View Post
    I've found 2 shinies so far! I have never found a shiny in any past pokemon game so I was blown away
    Same here! I was so excited I was praying to not accidentally KO them xD Never found one before!! If only I was still 13, I’d be over the moon! lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to elie For This Useful Post:

Mothman (12-02-2022)

Pronouns
    he/him/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    57d 14h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Been playing the shit outta Scarlet since it released. I really enjoyed this game, despite the performance issues and some graphical criticisms I have.
    But the game itself is a blast and I liked the story and characters, which are a HUGE step up from Sword/Shield.

I beat the Charizard raid, some with a group and one solo. Now I'm breeding for a 5iv/6iv Shiny Charmander...so far no dice. I did get a Shiny Dreepy bred pretty quickly though.
    It's too bad we can't trade the Charmanders yet because I have BOXES full of nice ones I'd like to give away.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    A few things I will say though:

- I'm sad they removed the option to turn off battle animations. It makes battles/raids SO much longer. Especially if it's a multiple hitting move.

- I don't really like most online portions of games and prefer to play single player most of the time. That said, I hate how higher ranking raids practically force you to get online...Gamefreak should really take a note from Capcom and Monster Hunter when it comes to these things. In MH, if you fight a monster solo, the monster is scaled to have as much as they need to fight one person. With four, their health/stats increase to match fighting 4 people. Granted, it is 4 people in this game lol so I get it somewhat, but those other 3 computers definitely aren't fighting as hard as real players.

In pokemon, it's a giant fuck you, here's a CPU team mate with a magikarp or something lol but I'm not too focused on clearing raids right now thankfully.
    You can solo 5* and 6* raids with the right Pokemon and strategy. Going in with a group though that uses the Perrserker strat is definitely faster. But I've done many high level raids with:

Koraidon, level 100, Fighting Tera, Full IVs except special attack, Adamant Nature, EV Training in Attack and HP OR speed...HP is better for raids but I've had no issues with my speed one.
    Moves: Drain Punch, Collision Course, Screech, Swords Dance
    I usually set up with a couple SD, then a couple Screeches, then go to town. I use Drain Punch for heals if needed in between.
    Obviously I don't go in with this guy with any Pokemon that has Fairy moves. Koraidon is tanky though and I went in solo on a 6* Steel Tera Goodra, and its Dragon Pulses barely did anything to my Koraidon. I would just heal it back up with Drain Punch.

Also Skeledirge is nice with Torch Song spam. People have had good luck with Iron Hands as well, though I haven't trained up and used mine yet.

Azumarill with Huge Power, Belly Drum, Play Rough and a Shell Bell as a held item is great too...but the damage calculation gets buggy in raids unfortunately. It'll show more damage than is actually being done because I guess the game wants raids to be scripted, so it'll look like the boss "heals" after doing a ton of damage to it. It's annoying, but I still manage to be successful with it.

Flutter Mane is another Fairy option to go against Special Attackers, as its normal Defense is weak. Evs in Sp Atk and Sp Defense.
    Level 100. Moves: Calm Mind, Fake Tears, Moon Blast, Draining Kiss. You can solo the 7* Charizard raid with this! Set up with some Calm Minds, then a couple Fake Tears, Draining Kiss for heals, then Moonblast away. Moonblast can also keep lowering Charizard's Sp Atk and I don't think Charizard resets it own stats...only in the beginning after it uses Overheat.

I do struggle with raids, even 5*'s which are easy with Level 100 Pokemon, that have bosses that use Yawn. It's really annoying when they spam it, because I have to waste turns even at full health to heal cheer to remove the sleep. Then I get one or two moves in before it Yawns again.
    LIKE SLOWKING. FUCK SLOWKING.
    So if you run out of heal cheers when solo, the timer is just ticking while your Pokemon sleeps. I tend to equip a Chesto Berry when I know I'm going up against a boss that loves to use Yawn, but even then it's only useful for one turn but sometimes that makes the difference between winning and losing the raid.

ANYWAYS I'm into building Pokemon lol so sorry if this is TOO MUCH but hopefully it'll help people out.
    "when I say acab, I include tony p"

-Proverb, 2021

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Double.Trouble For This Useful Post:

Buizel (12-02-2022),elie (12-02-2022),Mothman (12-02-2022)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 16h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m
    @(you need an account to see links) Ahhh thank you very much for all these builds! I love building pokemon myself as well on Pokemon Showdown so I understand haha.

I'll try building these pokemon up to hopefully have a shot at higher level raids when I finally get around to them.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (12-02-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 20h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Oh, I love building teams!
    I use to breed and make so many comp pokemon for myself and friends! I spent so many hours doing that lol

But its been a good while since I did that, so now I need to get caught up on stuff

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I feel like this gen will be so much more fun to make a team in since you don't have to spend hours breeding and everything.. you can use whatever pokemon you want and enjoy thanks to hyper training/mints/etc!!

mothman userbar by @munna !!! <3
    venonat splice by me :3

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mothman For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (12-02-2022),Double.Trouble (12-05-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 20h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by mothmen View Post
    I feel like this gen will be so much more fun to make a team in since you don't have to spend hours breeding and everything.. you can use whatever pokemon you want and enjoy thanks to hyper training/mints/etc!!
    This is true!
    I remember spending so much time trying to breed for the IVs and then raging when it would be a butt with it lol

Also, this gen makes it so easy to get eggs! Im super happy with that.
    Plus, I hear its easier to breed for a shiny as well

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    693 times
    Time Online
    83d 2h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    @(you need an account to see links) what do you mean, you can’t trade Charmanders? Yes you can, I’ve been doing it and I originally got mine through a trade…?

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 20h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) what do you mean, you can’t trade Charmanders? Yes you can, I’ve been doing it and I originally got mine through a trade…?
    I haven't tried to breed my Charizard, but I did hear that we couldn't. But since we can, I think Im going to breed a ton of them and send them out for surprise trades so some people who just got the game can start with a Charmander

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I have Scarlet and hunting for an Orthworm was driving me crazy. I didn't realize that Koraidon's running made too much noise and scared the Orthworm into hiding.

Love that detail, but I genuinely thought something was wrong with my game.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    693 times
    Time Online
    83d 2h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    I haven't tried to breed my Charizard, but I did hear that we couldn't. But since we can, I think Im going to breed a ton of them and send them out for surprise trades so some people who just got the game can start with a Charmander
    It definitely seems that you can! Like I said, I’ve gotten quite a few through surprise trades and I’ve traded them myself to others!

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (12-03-2022)