Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 2h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    I'm starting to get a little confused with tera raiding *unless I'm just being dumb here lmao* but when we go into an online battle, do we have to take into consideration the tera type only, or both the type of pokemon and the tera type? Because I'm taking into consideration both typing (initial pokemon type and tera type) but I'm still sorta failing here? Like for example I'm taking a fairy type pokemon into a dragon type and ice tera type raid I'm still not doing good amount of damage.

I think I'm missing something x'D
    So, how I tend to pick my Pokemon is that I look at the Tera Type. So if its Water, I try and find a Pokemon that can deal Grass/Electric type attacks.
    BUT! I also look at what the Pokemon actually is. So, lets say it was a Goodra with a Water Tera type. I would try and find a Fairy Pokemon that knew a Grass or Electric move. This is due to Goodra doing some Dragon type moves.
    If I dont have a Pokemon like that, then I move on to a Pokemon that can at least hold itself in the raid, but still aim for something that has the Tera Pokemons weakness.

From what I found, is that Sylveon and Iron Hands are good general Pokemon to bring into a raid. Not saying they're perfect, but both seem to do rather well for me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Hollow (12-09-2022)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 9h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    I'm starting to get a little confused with tera raiding *unless I'm just being dumb here lmao* but when we go into an online battle, do we have to take into consideration the tera type only, or both the type of pokemon and the tera type? Because I'm taking into consideration both typing (initial pokemon type and tera type) but I'm still sorta failing here? Like for example I'm taking a fairy type pokemon into a dragon type and ice tera type raid I'm still not doing good amount of damage.

For Tera raids, you should take the Tera type only into account. However, you need to also watchout, because that's not to say the Pokemon you're fighting doesn't have a move that's super effective against you.

With your example, yes, you are correct in taking a Fairy type to a Dragon battle (**) , but that Dragon could also know Iron Head or Sludge Wave. So, just be on the lookout.

**Also, I recommend bringing an Ice type instead. Most Dragon Pokemon are x4 super effective against Ice as opposed to x2 super effective that Fairy's provide. And some Pokemon honestly just have a stupid high amount of Def and Sp. Def. My Pokemon are EV/IV trained and holding effective items/moves and sometimes the move doesn't hurt as much.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Hollow (12-09-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 2h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m

So, this isn't really what you were asking, but it is some nice info on the Tera Types and can prob help out still!

They're also a good competitive player as well!
    I suck at competitive games, but he's one that makes me want to push myself and learn as much as I can

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Hollow (12-09-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    So, how I tend to pick my Pokemon is that I look at the Tera Type. So if its Water, I try and find a Pokemon that can deal Grass/Electric type attacks.
    BUT! I also look at what the Pokemon actually is. So, lets say it was a Goodra with a Water Tera type. I would try and find a Fairy Pokemon that knew a Grass or Electric move. This is due to Goodra doing some Dragon type moves.
    If I dont have a Pokemon like that, then I move on to a Pokemon that can at least hold itself in the raid, but still aim for something that has the Tera Pokemons weakness.

From what I found, is that Sylveon and Iron Hands are good general Pokemon to bring into a raid. Not saying they're perfect, but both seem to do rather well for me.
    That's extremely helpful! I thankfully found a 5 IV Sylveon with a fairy tera type the other day, so I'm just leveling him up now! Do you reckon a Mimikyu would also be good to bring into battle? I've been using Umbreon and Ceruledge, but I'm trying to figure out what tera typing would be good for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    For Tera raids, you should take the Tera type only into account. However, you need to also watchout, because that's not to say the Pokemon you're fighting doesn't have a move that's super effective against you.

With your example, yes, you are correct in taking a Fairy type to a Dragon battle (**) , but that Dragon could also know Iron Head or Sludge Wave. So, just be on the lookout.

**Also, I recommend bringing an Ice type instead. Most Dragon Pokemon are x4 super effective against Ice as opposed to x2 super effective that Fairy's provide. And some Pokemon honestly just have a stupid high amount of Def and Sp. Def. My Pokemon are EV/IV trained and holding effective items/moves and sometimes the move doesn't hurt as much.
    Righto! It does get a little confusing because I could bring in a pokemon that's good against a tera type, but not be great against the actual typing of the other pokemon and sorta fail there x'D

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (12-09-2022)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 9h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Mimikyu is a good choice. You'd want to focus on maxing their Speed and Attack so that they hit hard and fast. And if you have the items, I recommend giving them a Life Orb or Black Belt to make their super effective moves hit harder.

You also get a free hit since their ability will protect you from one attack.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Hollow (12-09-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 2h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    That's extremely helpful! I thankfully found a 5 IV Sylveon with a fairy tera type the other day, so I'm just leveling him up now! Do you reckon a Mimikyu would also be good to bring into battle? I've been using Umbreon and Ceruledge, but I'm trying to figure out what tera typing would be good for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Righto! It does get a little confusing because I could bring in a pokemon that's good against a tera type, but not be great against the actual typing of the other pokemon and sorta fail there x'D
    Oh yeah, I think they would be a pretty good mon to us!
    As @(you need an account to see links) mentioned, they can take a one free hit! I'm not sure what Tera Type to go with, but that video I shared with you can help out!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Buizel (12-09-2022),Hollow (12-09-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Oh yeah, I think they would be a pretty good mon to us!
    As @(you need an account to see links) mentioned, they can take a one free hit! I'm not sure what Tera Type to go with, but that video I shared with you can help out!
    Thank you for both of your advises! I will check out that video out. I think I was reading up that a steel tera type would work well with a Mimikyu, but I'll have to look into that one further! Miner is currently grass tera typing.

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (12-09-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 2h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Thank you for both of your advises! I will check out that video out. I think I was reading up that a steel tera type would work well with a Mimikyu, but I'll have to look into that one further! Miner is currently grass tera typing.
    Oh, no problem at all!
    Im no expert, but I do like to try and read forums and stuff on Pokemon and see which are good for competitive teams/Tera Raids
    I think Austin John Plays on YouTube is a good source of info as well!

I just wish that Online Tera raids worked better lol
    Just so laggy and buggy it seems

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Oh, no problem at all!
    Im no expert, but I do like to try and read forums and stuff on Pokemon and see which are good for competitive teams/Tera Raids
    I think Austin John Plays on YouTube is a good source of info as well!

I just wish that Online Tera raids worked better lol
    Just so laggy and buggy it seems
    Yess I used to watch Austin John Plays during my Sword/Shield days xD I agree, I also wish there was a search function for species and star ratings for raids too! It's waaayyy too buggy.

*Communicating...* ;u;

*that's rough buddy*

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (12-09-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 2h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Yess I used to watch Austin John Plays during my Sword/Shield days xD I agree, I also wish there was a search function for species and star ratings for raids too! It's waaayyy too buggy.

*Communicating...* ;u;
    Ah! YES! For real! Ugh, I hate when I find a nice Pokemon and when I try to connect, it just keeps saying I cant join it lol
    There was one time I was trying to find an Annihilape, and I seen one with a Steel Tera Type and I got sooo excited! BUT when I tried to get in, it kept telling me that I was unable to join it
    Im sure I was to slow to join, but still lol