Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody into neo merch/trading cards?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m

Anybody into neo merch/trading cards?

Went through a few boxes I had still yet to unpack in the house.. came across a massive amount of trading cards from the countless booster boxes I bought in the past.

I had originally bought them to sell the rare items codes, but still kept the cards just because. I’d estimate there are probably close to 2,000 cards total that I’ve got laying around. Wasn’t sure if anybody would be interested in something like this. No idea of their value, haven’t looked into that at all.

They are from a few different booster sets - base set, mystery island, haunted woods, etc.

They may very well just sit around forever, but figured I’d post to see if anybody would be interested while I’m thinking about it.

Didn’t put this in selling because I’d be interested in hearing if anybody knows anything on their value, etc.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Buizel (11-19-2022),howdy (11-19-2022),Ice (11-19-2022),paris hilton (11-20-2022),Sakuras (11-20-2022)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,164 times
    Time Online
    557d 12h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I have a bunch of cards I bought to use the rare item codes, last time I looked into selling them, they didn't seem to be worth much, at least not enough that I felt motivated to try to sell them. The main value comes from the codes themselves in the unopened packages, which makes sense. Probably could find a collector?

I keep holding on to mine because I'm sure I'll come up with a crafty project one of these days. Good luck figuring out something to do with yours!
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (11-19-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    I have a bunch of cards I bought to use the rare item codes, last time I looked into selling them, they didn't seem to be worth much, at least not enough that I felt motivated to try to sell them. The main value comes from the codes themselves in the unopened packages, which makes sense. Probably could find a collector?

I keep holding on to mine because I'm sure I'll come up with a crafty project one of these days. Good luck figuring out something to do with yours!
    That makes sense to me. They seemed pretty niche. Even so, they were very difficult to find in past years and a quick search showed they are even more scarce now! I saw some people selling booster boxes at over $1k!
    I know I opened so many I almost have a complete set of each of the different kinds. Missing a few here and there, but lots of those holographic ones and such. They are an interesting blast from the past if nothing else.

Was hoping I’d find a collector somewhere. Maybe I’ll just toss them up for sale on an auction site like eBay and see what happens.

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,164 times
    Time Online
    557d 12h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Yeah, the prices have gone wild! The code prices crept up over the years (and got harder to find, supply and demand I guess), enough so that I've given up on doing any more gambling with those.

I wonder if you could get a better price for some of the more known specific cards like MSPP? idk

Tossing the whole lot up unchecked might be the best approach in terms of effort invested? Or if any sets are truly complete selling those as a unit?

Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (11-20-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Yeah, the prices have gone wild! The code prices crept up over the years (and got harder to find, supply and demand I guess), enough so that I've given up on doing any more gambling with those.

I wonder if you could get a better price for some of the more known specific cards like MSPP? idk

Tossing the whole lot up unchecked might be the best approach in terms of effort invested? Or if any sets are truly complete selling those as a unit?
    I think i have like 30 codes sitting around in a notepad on my laptop somewhere. I think only the base set would really be worth it though - in the off chance you get a skarls sword.

Maybe there are some hardcore NC peeps who would spend money for the novelty of the cards. I don’t really have any use for them. I’ll have to take a look through and see if there are any unique/rare cards that could maybe sell. A full set of cards may be worth something too.

I do remember one thing. My fingers started hurting from opening so many of those packs back in the day. Tearing through like 100 booster packs at a time to pull out the code cards!

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,164 times
    Time Online
    557d 12h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I think i have like 30 codes sitting around in a notepad on my laptop somewhere. I think only the base set would really be worth it though - in the off chance you get a skarls sword.

Maybe there are some hardcore NC peeps who would spend money for the novelty of the cards. I don’t really have any use for them. I’ll have to take a look through and see if there are any unique/rare cards that could maybe sell. A full set of cards may be worth something too.

I do remember one thing. My fingers started hurting from opening so many of those packs back in the day. Tearing through like 100 booster packs at a time to pull out the code cards!
    I really need to save money right now, but damn those codes are tempting. Although, I wonder if you can eve redeem them since the HTTPS change? I can't remember if the redemption broke along with all the flash games.

I remember a couple times I found one of the big boxes at a thrift store or cheap online and being so focused on the codes, then marveling at the pile of regular cards at the end.

Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (11-20-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    What do those codes reward?
    There used to be a pet page out there that broke down what kinds of prizes you could get in each different kind of pack, and for each different icon you were presented with.

I really need to save money right now, but damn those codes are tempting. Although, I wonder if you can eve redeem them since the HTTPS change? I can't remember if the redemption broke along with all the flash games.

I remember a couple times I found one of the big boxes at a thrift store or cheap online and being so focused on the codes, then marveling at the pile of regular cards at the end.
    I know that feeling. I’ll just say I’m lazy and can’t seem to find them buried in all my notes to save you the temptation! I used to toss one or two onto accounts when I was building then, as extra motivation to show TNT I was a paying customer and it was worthwhile not to freeze me.

I’m really not too sure if the redemption page is still up, haven’t checked in so long. Now that I think about it, I don’t even remember what it is. I’ll have to check my old threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like this was the pet page I had linked awhile ago that has info about possible prizes. Not sure if it’s still up or not, not logged in right now. (you need an account to see links)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

kittyray (11-20-2022),Shawn (11-20-2022)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 8h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    They don't seem to be overly valuable or expensive.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (11-20-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    85/0
    Mentioned
    198 times
    Time Online
    95d 3h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    I forgot about all this. I remember turning in the codes. I wonder if they still work. Has anyone here tried to see it you can still get the rare items???

Cashew
    Hatched: 11-14-2020

Thank you (you need an account to see links) for the adoptables!