Thread: How is customization working these days on Neopets?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 20h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m

How is customization working these days on Neopets?

Hey all,

I've been barely going on Neopets for a long time now and the biggest reason I've dropped off is because customization is so weird now.

None of my customizations save - not for my converteds, not for UCs. The images haven't changed for probably a year on the pet and user lookups. Every new pet I move to my main account is doomed to have a naked image forever. Has anyone been able to customize this whole time?

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Actually, I have discovered I can get customization to work for the converted pets if I use a different browser...still no luck for UCs though.

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Glad you got customisation working! It's been broken for UCs for quite some time... you can get it to work if you can run an older browser and older flash, or using a (you need an account to see links) to force save the customisation. I'm not 100% sure if it's allowed to share UserScripts from outside the forum, but I've been using this for my UCs! ^^

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cookie Tray For This Useful Post:

Corliss (11-17-2022),galaxystar (11-14-2022),Melle (11-14-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Bitch
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    7d 8h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Tray View Post
    Glad you got customisation working! It's been broken for UCs for quite some time... you can get it to work if you can run an older browser and older flash, or using a (you need an account to see links) to force save the customisation. I'm not 100% sure if it's allowed to share UserScripts from outside the forum, but I've been using this for my UCs! ^^
    Oh my gosh so that's how people are saving their UC customs. Thank you for enlightening me.
    Only problem is I'm too stupid to figure this out. Like I don't know what to do with that information lmao.

art made by hearts

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    84d 6h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxystar View Post
    Oh my gosh so that's how people are saving their UC customs. Thank you for enlightening me.
    Only problem is I'm too stupid to figure this out. Like I don't know what to do with that information lmao.
    It's very easy actually. You just install Tampermonkey plugin on Chrome and add that script. Set the UC as active and customize on Beta, then click the Tampermonkey icon (it will appear when detects you're on the customize page) and then choose Fix UC.

You need to rank up or buy vip to access the scripts section though. But it's very easy to do

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (11-27-2022),Corliss (11-17-2022),galaxystar (11-14-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Bitch
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    7d 8h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    It's very easy actually. You just install Tampermonkey plugin on Chrome and add that script. Set the UC as active and customize on Beta, then click the Tampermonkey icon (it will appear when detects you're on the customize page) and then choose Fix UC.

You need to rank up or buy vip to access the scripts section though. But it's very easy to do
    Thanks a million darkskies!! finally figured it out haha.
    definitely idiot-proof & was easier than I imagined. I have been suffering for no damn reason.
    mind you i didn't try very hard to figure it out. Thanks so much again!

art made by hearts

8. The Following User Says Thank You to galaxystar For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (11-14-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I've also heard that using some of the flash friendly browsers (palemoon, etc.) allows you to go in and customize the backgrounds and stuff. Sounds like you already figured that out but I just wanted to mention it in case anyone else was interested. That is how I worked around customizing my UCs backgrounds.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 20h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Ugh this is so much good information, thank you all! I'm definitely going to try these out. I was wondering about flash-friendly browsers too but they seem to be patching out flash everyday (or it looks like Opera did anyway).

- - - Updated - - -

OMG, okay that script is total gold. My UCs static image is finally updating T___T Thanks for the help!

I'm confused about whether it's a CK VIP script or not, if it is I'm happy to pay for it as this has made Neopets actually playable for me again, although it sounds like it's not from around here.

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*